Thinking about enlisting

Bailey

My sister joined right after she graduated... Fought in Afgan' and Iraq.. Now she's inactive because of injuries (most non-active injuries) she would rather fight in combat than doing what she's doing now

you know I have seen the guys that have returned to go to school. I met a hot marine in medical terminology, he was sexy as shit. I saw another guy looked all of maybe 22 he lost both his legs so when he wore shorts you could see he had metal rods for legs, he would sit there and he looked kinda out of it like his body was there but not much else...sad really

I think I really want to join the army, I already have a degree and that means my rank will be higher. I don't know what pay I would get. I could pursue more school too. I told my mom she said they won't take me because I'm flat foot outta shape and limp wristed. :umm:

Im still researching online they say I could go off as soon as I want. You pick a job you prefer and wait....theres a physical, testing and boot camp, if anyone knows about joining let me know what to expect

Yep they won't take you if there's a problem with your feet just like they wouldn't take me cause I have mild asthma but yeah what's the point now. Maybe if you were in your 20s then probably but still why enlist period? Does nothing for you except increase your chance of death

Yep they won't take you if there's a problem with your feet just like they wouldn't take me cause I have mild asthma but yeah what's the point now. Maybe if you were in your 20s then probably but still why enlist period? Does nothing for you except increase your chance of death

well the great part of the entire convo and thread which you touched on is I kinda realize now that enlisting is something you do when you're fresh outta school want some money and are young enough to deal physically, not when you're on a decline but when you are in your prime. So I get that now, oh and they did ask over the phone if I had asthma

I had to think about that guy I saw in class, he was really young, back from wherever handsome, but no legs ...I thought about that like do I want to give my legs up?

What? That's your reasoning... Because you don't want to lose your legs :blink:

I feel you just wanted a quick money scheme

actually historically Blacks joined the armed forces because college was not readily accessible and the armed forces meant a pay day. I wanted to join for several reasons, they provide discipline through instruction and the armed forces would give me a great education, when you serve your country you can do so in many ways the armed forces offer a lot of opportunities and it looks good on your resume.

What? That's your reasoning... Because you don't want to lose your legs :blink:

I feel you just wanted a quick money scheme

If it was about quick money all I have to do is swallow my pride call Chris the area supervisor at the Chrysler plant that makes some of the car you drive, show proof of my degree and its back to over 30 bucks an hour

If it was about quick money all I have to do is swallow my pride call Chris the area supervisor at the Chrysler plant that makes some of the car you drive, show proof of my degree and its back to over 30 bucks an hour

That's right! Make my car :shifty:

You just have more than one quick buck option

That's right! Make my car :shifty:

You just have more than one quick buck option

theres a difference between being capable and willing, I took a gamble I decided more school and less money, and it didn't work out this time, but I still know I want to be someone more than a plant supervisor I want a career , and thanks for ignoring my friend request just when I try to make some peace with you can't do that you act like I did something to you and i didnt'

theres a difference between being capable and willing, I took a gamble I decided more school and less money, and it didn't work out this time, but I still know I want to be someone more than a plant supervisor I want a career , and thanks for ignoring my friend request just when I try to make some peace with you can't do that you act like I did something to you and i didnt'

It's Facebook. Not life.. Calm that down... Plus you deleted me a long time ago