Is Janhova the Goddess of the "Quiet Storm"?

hotboy06

Sadly, yes. Anita Baker is unmatched on Quiet Storm. I hear all of her old hits - Angel, Giving You The Best...., No One In The World, etc.

I only hear FHTF and IGL on Quiet Storm. :unsure:

Hmmm..I forgot about Anita. I used to hear all of Janet's "ballads" back in the day. I don't listen nowadays, but I couldn't think of anyone but Janet when it comes to quiet storm. -_-

Hmmm..I forgot about Anita. I used to hear all of Janet's "ballads" back in the day. I don't listen nowadays, but I couldn't think of anyone but Janet when it comes to quiet storm. -_-

You gotta get out more. I also hear a lot of random R&B cuts too. Here on the radio they play a lot of artists who are native to the city.

I haven't listened to late night radio since I left home in 96. :lmao: I clearly need to see what they are playing.. -_-

It's really the same 15-20 songs every 2-3 hours, and at night. I can't tell you how many times I've heard that new Kem song on the radio at night. It make me wonder, was it like this when Janet was ruling the charts? :umm: I'd get tired of the bitch. :umm:

It's really the same 15-20 songs every 2-3 hours, and at night. I can't tell you how many times I've heard that new Kem song on the radio at night. It make me wonder, was it like this when Janet was ruling the charts? :umm: I'd get tired of the bitch. :umm:

I would heard ATAP every night during the quiet storm..or any of her other classics..so yeah, she was constantly being played. :w00t:

Janet is third behind SADE and Anita Baker. Here in the bay I can never listen to the quiet storm for more than two hours and not hear Janet. ATAP, CBTM, IGL, TTWLG AND FHTF are staples on the quiet storm out here. But it depends on the region you live in. Out here on the west coast Janet gets a lot of old school play. Im sure its the same for the midwest because her musical sound is regional for them. But on the east coast and down south I can't say. When I was in louisiana this past summer they played a lot of soul music for their quiet storm/after hours radio. I heard IGL and ATAP, but that was it. i didn't hear any SADE or Anita at all!!! Which was crazy to me.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...