I HAVE A QUESTION FOR YOU POP/DANCE FREAKS

Shawn1814

The beat is more important in a dance song simply because you can usually get away with a weaker vocal because a dance song always has a more pronounced strong beat. And especially now theres alot of vocal manipulation in pop and dance that is popular you dont need powerhouse vocals for a fun dance song. If your voice sucks on a ballad there is not powerful beat to hide that. But dance theres alot you can do to make anyone, even britney spears, sound like they can sing a little.

The beat is more important in a dance song simply because you can usually get away with a weaker vocal because a dance song always has a more pronounced strong beat. And especially now theres alot of vocal manipulation in pop and dance that is popular you dont need powerhouse vocals for a fun dance song. If your voice sucks on a ballad there is not powerful beat to hide that. But dance theres alot you can do to make anyone, even britney spears, sound like they can sing a little.

I guess you're better off listening to the instrumental.. :lol:

depends on the beat and depends on who is singing it.

Usually real electronic music (going a tad bit away from pop) require BIG vocals unless they are more experimental (see Daft Punk, animal collective , Goldfrapp, The Knife etc. If it's commercial then i can guarantee you that DJ's are going after a big voice.

Pop mixed with whatever usually doesn't but to me it depends.

I can appreciate both but i prefer the likes of Roisin Murphy for example who can mix it up well and still deliver it with some big vocals

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4oCSdkHJZHg

not her vocal peak but still shits on everything these supposed pop kweens and princesses are able to deliver. The beat though hits HARD

Pop and dance music is not about the lyrics. It's about everything BUT that.

Don't be so shallow.

This is just a ridiculous ploy to shade ppl who listen to the likes of Britney, Katy, Rihanna in contrast to your neo-soul artists who you THINK make "real music". Cut the bullshit Blatin. :rolleyes:

Don't be so shallow.

This is just a ridiculous ploy to shade ppl who listen to the likes of Britney, Katy, Rihanna in contrast to your neo-soul artists who you THINK make "rreal music". Cut the bullshit Blatin. :rolleyes:

Ch... get her.

It's just catchy dance songs that you can sing along, have fun, & dance to.

We all don't feel like listening to a whole bunch of sad shit all day long like yew, Ms blatin.

Don't be so shallow.

This is just a ridiculous ploy to shade ppl who listen to the likes of Britney, Katy, Rihanna in contrast to your neo-soul artists who you THINK make "real music". Cut the bullshit Blatin. :rolleyes:

Damn. You just got READ. :lol:

Don't be so shallow.

This is just a ridiculous ploy to shade ppl who listen to the likes of Britney, Katy, Rihanna in contrast to your neo-soul artists who you THINK DO make "real music". Cut the bullshit Blatin. :rolleyes:

WELL DUH.. :lmao::lmao:

Ch... get her.

It's just catchy dance songs that you can sing along, have fun, & dance to.

We all don't feel like listening to a whole bunch of sad shit all day long like yew, Ms blatin.

Blatin kills me trying to patronize other pplz music interest. All the neo-soul music stans I've come across have this problem. All a bunch of music snobs who think their music interest is better than the next person's because they don't listen to mainstream music, and believe it's "real music". I'm still waiting on them to answer my question of "What's fake music?"

I'm not here for these bitches trying to act like pop and mainstream dance can't be lyrically profound. Correct me if I'm wrong, wasn't soul music pop in the early 70s? Wasn't R&B pop in the 90s?

Have plenty seats Blatin.

Blatin kills me trying to patronize other pplz music interest. All the neo-soul music stans I've come across have this problem. All a bunch of music snobs who think their music interest is better than the next person's because they don't listen to mainstream music, and believe it's "real music". I'm still waiting on them to answer my question of "What's fake music?"

I'm not here for these bitches trying to act like pop and mainstream dance can't be lyrically profound. Correct me if I'm wrong, wasn't soul music pop in the early 70s? Wasn't R&B pop in the 90s?

They had people that can sing with better lyrics.. <_<

Ch...Blatin really has the nerve b/c she likes Rihanna :lol::lol::lol: & She's not doing anything diff than what any of the pop gals are doing.

Ch...Blatin really has the nerve b/c she likes Rihanna :lol::lol::lol: & She's not doing anything diff than what any of the pop gals are doing.

Exactly. Rihanna is an average run of the mill singer with a criminal record. Blatin likes Britney, Rihanna, Beyonce, and just about every other mainstream female. I'm not here for his game of Gestures. :rolleyes:

With dance music, it's the beat.

With rnb type music, it's the vocals.

I usually listen to instrumentation last. For example, when I heard "Try Sleeping With A Broken Heart", the whole song was magical. The vocals and the production blended perfectly. The piano and the drums>>>>>>>>

Exactly. Rihanna is an average run of the mill singer with a criminal record. Blatin likes Britney, Rihanna, Beyonce, and just about every other mainstream female. I'm not here for his game of Gestures. :rolleyes:

I like a couple songs by Beyonce and those are more of R&B songs (Me, Myself and I)

Rihanna has a couple of good songs..

I don't listen to Britney at all..

When I say dance I'm also talking about those songs that have that Techno-ish beat.. I was never a fan of techno back in my club days.. I hated the LimeLight in Ny because that's all they played..

With dance music, it's the beat.

With rnb type music, it's the vocals.

I usually listen to instrumentation last. For example, when I heard "Try Sleeping With A Broken Heart", the whole song was magical. The vocals and the production blended perfectly. The piano and the drums>>>>>>>>

Thank you Hotboy for responding like an adult.. :blush:

Thank you Hotboy for responding like an adult.. :blush:

You're welcome.

What I love about music, is that it's universal. Age has nothing to do with what you like(most of the time). If it wasn't for me going into the military, I probably wouldn't be listening to "pop" music. I was all about hip hop and Rnb.

You're welcome.

What I love about music, is that it's universal. Age has nothing to do with what you like(most of the time). If it wasn't for me going into the military, I probably wouldn't be listening to "pop" music. I was all about hip hop and Rnb.

Damn you military.. :lol::lol:

Archived