I HAVE A QUESTION FOR YOU POP/DANCE FREAKS

Shawn1814

I like a couple songs by Beyonce and those are more of R&B songs (Me, Myself and I)

Rihanna has a couple of good songs..

I don't listen to Britney at all..

When I say dance I'm also talking about those songs that have that Techno-ish beat.. I was never a fan of techno back in my club days.. I hated the LimeLight in Ny because that's all they played..

Ok that's fine. But what makes someone's music fake?

Pop and dance music is not about the lyrics. It's about everything BUT that.

Don't be so shallow.

This is just a ridiculous ploy to shade ppl who listen to the likes of Britney, Katy, Rihanna in contrast to your neo-soul artists who you THINK make "real music". Cut the bullshit Blatin. :rolleyes:

<wizardschess.gif>

For me, it varies entirely from song to song. Some songs, I get obsessed with the lyrics. Some songs, I get obsessed with the vocals. And some songs, I get obsessed with the production and instrumentation. It's a real bonus if a song has all 3, but I don't need that to enjoy it.

When I first listen to a song, I guess I just hear whatever is most prominent about it. If it's got a pulsating dance beat, I'll probably hear that. If it's a ballad, I'm probably gonna care more about the vocals and melody.

But I never get hung up on just one thing.

For me, it varies entirely from song to song. Some songs, I get obsessed with the lyrics. Some songs, I get obsessed with the vocals. And some songs, I get obsessed with the production and instrumentation. It's a real bonus if a song has all 3, but I don't need that to enjoy it.

When I first listen to a song, I guess I just hear whatever is most prominent about it. If it's got a pulsating dance beat, I'll probably hear that. If it's a ballad, I'm probably gonna care more about the vocals and melody.

But I never get hung up on just one thing.

You broke it down perfectly. :yep:

And just to add on to this, different moods require different music. Dance pop/electronic/techno/house music is for the clubs, or when I'm in a really good mood and I want to jam out by myself. However, I can just as easily put on some quiet storm R&B to relax or when I'm trying to create a more intimate setting or mood. I can also listen to gospel/spiritual music when im feeling more introspective. And I like to listen to Rock music at the gym to get the blood flowing.

At the end of the day I like them all. and i shouldn't have to justify why I like something to a douchbag who takes himself to seriously. :rolleyes: I still love you Blatin. :coffee:

Do you care about the vocals or lyrics or is the beat everything to you?

When I listen to an album I first listen to the vocals. I then pay attention to the lyrics, and then I try to figure out all the different instruments they used in the songs.

if you dance you move to the music hell half the time I sing the song all wrong

Beats first.... all that other shit later.

That's why I love dancing artists. If your lucky they will have talent too like Janet and Mike. That's why I can't get into rappers. They just stand around with a mic. Its not entertaining. They need to have some edge for me like Busta, Missy, Ludacris. They're rappers but they also know how to put on a good show.

For me it's the beat. But it's not just Pop/dance freaks Blatina. I also listen to Latin music, like salsa and merengue. I'm more of a dancer mood type of girl, so the beat comes first, then the lyrics. I like discovering things in a song as I learn it and the beat progresses.

For me it's the beat. But it's not just Pop/dance freaks Blatina. I also listen to Latin music, like salsa and merengue. I'm more of a dancer mood type of girl, so the beat comes first, then the lyrics. I like discovering things in a song as I learn it and the beat progresses.

Do you like La India?

Do you care about the vocals or lyrics or is the beat everything to you?

When I listen to an album I first listen to the vocals. I then pay attention to the lyrics, and then I try to figure out all the different instruments they used in the songs.

OMG I DO THE SAME :excited:

Archived