AEG found non-liable for MJ's Death

Katherine won't win.. If she does.. She's not getting a billion.. Not with MJ's drug history

I think she has a good chance of winning; and of course she's not going to get a billion dollars. But you ask for just to give the jury a sense of the magnitutde of which this death was. It wasn't just like a measly 20 MIL. This was Michael Jackson. And forget what people said.. This guy sold out 50 concerts in the same building in mere minutes. He got like 20 mil for those two concerts in NYC alone. He was still a commodity with drawing power.

I'm not sure what two concerts in NY you're talking about or however long ago that was but MJ is a flake.. There's no way he would finish this concert series.. AEG wishes.

He had the drawing power in the UK.. Though that's if he's show up to the event

So you think that Americans who had the means to fly to UK weren't in droves buying tickets? You don't think that if he had shows in America they would sell out. I think you underestimate Mike. Whether he was physically able to do them or not is one thing, the drawing power was/still is there. Anytime he did an interview to talk about the same shit, 40 million people tuned in. How is that not drawing power. Point me to someone else doing that, ever?!?! NO ONE! Like to put it in context, Michael Jackson sold 1 million tickets in something like 15 minutes! NO ONE has ever done that!

And what evidence do you have that MJ is flake?I Michael's only tour that was cut short was when the allegations in 93 surfaced. And I mean, I'd probably cancel some dates if my innocence was being questioned as well..

So you think that Americans who had the means to fly to UK weren't in droves buying tickets? You don't think that if he had shows in America they would sell out. I think you underestimate Mike. Whether he was physically able to do them or not is one thing, the drawing power was/still is there. Anytime he did an interview to talk about the same shit, 40 million people tuned in. How is that not drawing power. Point me to someone else doing that, ever?!?! NO ONE! Like to put it in context, Michael Jackson sold 1 million tickets in something like 15 minutes! NO ONE has ever done that!

And what evidence do you have that MJ is flake?I Michael's only tour that was cut short was when the allegations in 93 surfaced. And I mean, I'd probably cancel some dates if my innocence was being questioned as well..

They picked the UK for a reason trackboy.. They would have a hard time finding a sponsor for someone with poor public opinion in the States.

You are over-estimating him. The whole purpose of touring is showing up.. It's not a lottery... There's no doubt that people wanted to see him.. But would he follow through? Probably not.

He flaked on many concerts.. All this was said at trial so you can look at the transcript.

They picked the UK for a reason trackboy.. They would have a hard time finding a sponsor for someone with poor public opinion in the States.

You are over-estimating him. The whole purpose of touring is showing up.. It's not a lottery... There's no doubt that people wanted to see him.. But would he follow through? Probably not.

He flaked on many concerts.. All this was said at trial so you can look at the transcript.

Canceling a show due to health reasons is one thing; flaking on a concert tour is another. You act like Janet hasn't canceled a concert. Hell, even Beyonce recently just canceled a show because she wasn't well enough to lip-synch through most of her numbers. But this is not them. They chose the UK because they needed a venue that Michael Jackson would be able to have for 50 dates. They chose the 02 because it's prestigious and Prince did a string of concert dates there. No place in America sans Vegas would have been able to accommodate that could hold 20,000 people. It's all about the tickets. They didn't need a sponsor.. AEG was sponsoring it.

And all I'm saying is that Michael Jackson has not canceled an announced apperance in the 2000s, to my knowledge, so to call him a flake is both false and incredulous. Just because someone pulls out of a business contract does not make them a flake. I pulled out of two, myself, just last week because I could not physically be three places at one time, though I wanted to do both of them. Am I now a flake?

Canceling a show due to health reasons is one thing; flaking on a concert tour is another. You act like Janet hasn't canceled a concert. Hell, even Beyonce recently just canceled a show because she wasn't well enough to lip-synch through most of her numbers. But this is not them. They chose the UK because they needed a venue that Michael Jackson would be able to have for 50 dates. They chose the 02 because it's prestigious and Prince did a string of concert dates there. No place in America sans Vegas would have been able to accommodate that could hold 20,000 people. It's all about the tickets. They didn't need a sponsor.. AEG was sponsoring it.

And all I'm saying is that Michael Jackson has not canceled an announced apperance in the 2000s, to my knowledge, so to call him a flake is both false and incredulous. Just because someone pulls out of a business contract does not make them a flake. I pulled out of two, myself, just last week because I could not physically be three places at one time, though I wanted to do both of them. Am I now a flake?

Slow your role home slice... Janet Jackson and Beyonce aren't on prescription medication.. so they're naturally sick.. but be careful mentioning Janet to put up your favorite non-factor

They chose the UK because MJ has poor popular opinion in the United States after two child molestation cases.. despite his innocence... The American people disliked him when he was alive and weird.. FACT... No business would sponsor a man who was accused of child molestation twice in this country.. much like no company would sponsor OJ Simpson post-his murder trial... AEG said they were trying to obtain a sponsor for his tour but didn't at the time of his death...

You need to start reading upon this trial before you say any more.. I can tell you haven't been reading upon it. Here's one:

http://www.mtv.com/n...testifies.jhtml

http://www.ew.com/ew..._432784,00.html

I'm not here to make a personal assessment on your life... You are not MJ and you don't have a drug problem to my knowledge.. you aren't Janet's older brother... in other words.. you bore me

I'm not sure what two concerts in NY you're talking about or however long ago that was but MJ is a flake.. There's no way he would finish this concert series.. AEG wishes.

He had the drawing power in the UK.. Though that's if he's show up to the event

The 30th Anniversary MSG shows that had a $2,000 per ticket price for the floor seats. I know because I desperately wanted to go, but didn't want a nosebleed seat (which were like $95) for my first time seeing Michael Jackson live.

In retrospect, I wish I had did it went now. -_-

• Upvote 1

Slow your role home slice... Janet Jackson and Beyonce aren't on prescription medication.. so they're naturally sick.. but be careful mentioning Janet to put up your favorite non-factor

They chose the UK because MJ has poor popular opinion in the United States after two child molestation cases.. despite his innocence... The American people disliked him when he was alive and weird.. FACT... No business would sponsor a man who was accused of child molestation twice in this country.. much like no company would sponsor OJ Simpson post-his murder trial... AEG said they were trying to obtain a sponsor for his tour but didn't at the time of his death...

You need to start reading upon this trial before you say any more.. I can tell you haven't been reading upon it. Here's one:

http://www.mtv.com/n...testifies.jhtml

http://www.ew.com/ew..._432784,00.html

I'm not here to make a personal assessment on your life... You are not MJ and you don't have a drug problem to my knowledge.. you aren't Janet's older brother... in other words.. you bore me

That is what AEG is claiming, but their experts also said Celine Dion was a bigger star and had more drawing power than MJ, which is ridiculous. They are trying to reduce the damages should the jury side with the Jacksons by portraying Michael as less valuable.

If they wanted to make that argument, they should've went with someone like Madonna... it's still a stretch, but it would've been more believable, especially in terms of drawing power on tour.

The truth is they sold out those 50 dates within hours and their was enough public interest to sell out that venue another 50 times over (and this was according to AEG press releases at the time). All of that public interest wasn't coming from individuals outside of the states.

They could've chosen any arena on the planet and the results would've been the same. If anything, the American media underestimated his celebrity... they even said the original 10 dates of the "This Is It" tour wouldn't sell out. What they portrayed about Michael and his drawing power wasn't true. AEG is trying to use that now to downplay Michael's appeal to the jury.

As far as sponsors go, they probably didn't want to go into business with anyone else. They wanted it to be an entirely AEG financed production. They were using MJ and "This Is It' to surpass Live Nation and become dominant in tours worldwide.

• Upvote 1

Also, to add...

There were many offers on the table. At the time there was talk about a residency in vegas, touring with the family (including Janet), etc... I think Michael went with AEG because of what they promised him. The plan was to do an extended residency at the O2 arena and then to take the show worldwide. They promised him he would pull in $1 billion (this came out in the testimony). Touring with the family would have been better for Michael because he wouldn't have to carry the entire show, but I think Michael went the money.

He could have did whatever he wanted in terms of touring. His drawing power was bigger than probably every touring act combined. Personally, I didn't want to see him tour anymore. I wanted MJ to heal after what he had been through. I didn't care if he never performed again. I was excited about it when it was announced, but I preferred that he just lived his life away from the spotlight. Enjoy what he worked all his life for.

• Upvote 1

Lmao.. I can't with you people.

1) AEG choose the UK over America because MJ does not have a fair chance with this nation's people. We as a whole did not view MJ in a positive light following two child molestation charges.. It's just facts

2) FALSE - AEG said they were shopping for sponsors.. AEG under oath >>> some MJ Stan

3) That's called business.. And I don't see anything wrong with great competition.

4) You think MJ is this unstoppable force when in reality he was weak. He would not have been able to do 50 shows.. Not with his drug problems... Let alone a world wide tour and a "movie" which would have flopped harder than his shoe line

Lmao.. I can't with you people.

1) AEG choose the UK over America because MJ does not have a fair chance with this nation's people. We as a whole did not view MJ in a positive light following two child molestation charges.. It's just facts

2) FALSE - AEG said they were shopping for sponsors.. AEG under oath >>> some MJ Stan

3) That's called business.. And I don't see anything wrong with great competition.

4) You think MJ is this unstoppable force when in reality he was weak. He would not have been able to do 50 shows.. Not with his drug problems... Let alone a world wide tour and a "movie" which would have flopped harder than his shoe line

1.) That is your opinion. The molestation charges were international news. If they had issue with him selling out in the US. They would have issues with him selling out worldwide.

2.) Isn't AEG also claiming that Celine Dion was bigger star and a bigger draw than Michael? They are trying to reduce damages by making Michael appear less valuable.

3.) Yep, it is called business. Landing Michael Jackson, and having the tour be successful as they estimated, would've put them above Live Nation and made them #1. Which is why they handled things the way they handled them, and were so anxious to get him on that stage no matter what.

4.) I didn't give my personal opinion. That was the plan. The shows were to start out at the O2 arena and go worldwide. Generating billions in revenue. Hence, why they wouldn't be necessarily be concerned about a sponsor, because they landed the biggest artist in the touring market.

I gave you my personal opinion. I wanted him to retire. After the 2005 trial, I didn't care if he retired from music. I wanted him to leave the business. I was more than satisfied with the output he had released. He needed to live his life at that point... not attempting a comeback for financial reasons and/or to prove something to the naysayers. Sell that damn catalog, pay off your debts, and live your life away from the spotlight... that's what I wanted.

1) that is not an opinion. FACT: Celebrities are scored in this nation to better fit them with sponsors.. MJ had a low score in the 2000s. It's market research: 101.. Mind you MJ hasn't toured in the US since 1993.. And Two days in Hawaii doesn't count

2) Celion Dion is their biggest star since MJ died. You forget LIVE NATION is #1 in the US.. And since MJ couldn't actually put on a show.. She still holds that title of being AEG's biggest seller

3) Anxious to get on stage.. :rolleyes: as anxious as MJ to go to sleep

4) I'm sorry.. MJ only signed onto 50 shows and he was afraid to do those.. His own family thought he was doing too much with 50 :lol: his friends.. No one thought MJ could do 50 shows :lmao: and they were right :umm:

5) Doesn't matter what you want

1) that is not an opinion. FACT: Celebrities are scored in this nation to better fit them with sponsors.. MJ had a low score in the 2000s. It's market research: 101.. Mind you MJ hasn't toured in the US since 1993.. And Two days in Hawaii doesn't count

2) Celion Dion is their biggest star since MJ died. You forget LIVE NATION is #1 in the US.. And since MJ couldn't actually put on a show.. She still holds that title of being AEG's biggest seller

3) Anxious to get on stage.. :rolleyes: as anxious as MJ to go to sleep

4) I'm sorry.. MJ only signed onto 50 shows and he was afraid to do those.. His own family thought he was doing too much with 50 :lol: his friends.. No one thought MJ could do 50 shows :lmao: and they were right :umm:

5) Doesn't matter what you want

1.) There was no market research that Michael wouldn't sell in the US in terms of touring. No matter what people thought of him, they would go see him entertain. That was proven in 2001 when the MSG concerts, with tickets as much as $2,000 and no floor seats below $500, sold out in hours. Along with the TII tours that had over million people simply trying to register to pre-sale tickets. The demand was there no matter where they decided to hold the show.

2.) No, they said Celine was bigger than Michael Jackson, period. That's ridiculous. They could have made that argument with Madonna in comparison, but she's not an AEG act.

3.) That's not funny.

4.) You were criticizing Trackboy for not following the case. I'm telling you what was brought up via testimony in the trial. The plan was to go worldwide after the O2 dates. I know what the contracts were, and he actually he didn't even sign for 50 dates. His contracts called for 31. The additional dates were made via spoken agreement with his manager.Which is why Michael told fans at the time he hadn't agreed to as many dates as AEG had added.

1) FACT: They did the show in the UK because MJ didnt have a good public image in the US.. AEG execs said so.. Sorry to burst your bubble. Also doing it in the US makes it hard for AEG to get a sponsor for the tour and yes MJ needs a sponsor.. But what company would want MJ's endorsement.. None

2) Well let's see.. Dion has stayed touring relevant for her career meanwhile MJ hasn't toured in the US since 1993.. Excluding two shows in Hawaii.. So yes.. Celine is a bigger star than MJ.. Not to mention her public image isn't damaged.. Her albums aren't flopping and she's alive.. I guess AEG is right :umm:

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/266415/top-touring-artists-of-the-decade?mobile_redirection=false

I don't see MJ..

3) :coffee:

4) I know that was brought up but again.. MJ agree upon 50... And as I said before.. A lot of people were questioning that 50 because MJ is a flake and had personal drug related issues... Everyone knew that except his wackos who thought he was invincible.. Which is wasn't.. Ever

1) FACT: They did the show in the UK because MJ didnt have a good public image in the US.. AEG execs said so.. Sorry to burst your bubble. Also doing it in the US makes it hard for AEG to get a sponsor for the tour and yes MJ needs a sponsor.. But what company would want MJ's endorsement.. None

2) Well let's see.. Dion has stayed touring relevant for her career meanwhile MJ hasn't toured in the US since 1993.. Excluding two shows in Hawaii.. So yes.. Celine is a bigger star than MJ.. Not to mention her public image isn't damaged.. Her albums aren't flopping and she's alive.. I guess AEG is right :umm:

http://www.billboard...direction=false

I don't see MJ..

3) :coffee:

4) I know that was brought up but again.. MJ agree upon 50... And as I said before.. A lot of people were questioning that 50 because MJ is a flake and had personal drug related issues... Everyone knew that except his wackos who thought he was invincible.. Which is wasn't.. Ever

Everytime, I attempt to give you the benefit of the doubt and have a reasonable conversation without you trolling...

Won't be responding to you again.

Everytime, I attempt to give you the benefit of the doubt and have a reasonable conversation without you trolling...

Won't be responding to you again.

Not trolling MJ... I didn't say anything that wasn't said in court... Celine has one of the top grossing tours of 2000s... More than MJ's top grossing in the 80s with inflation... And guess which one made AEG money? Both :shifty:

Game, stop being a brick.

1.) You just called Michael Jackson a non-factor when you are the one who created a thread to discuss him. Good night.

2.) You must also realize that AEG has a bias to make their ridiculous claims that they've made in court. You must also remember that these same AEG persons also claimed Michael was in tip-top phsyical health and was ready and able to tour 50 shows. So there's that.

3.) When someone tour more than someone, it's a good chance that you are probably going to make more money then someone not touring. Comparing Celine Dion tours that have over 700 dates to Michael Jackson's 50 and 70 date tours (that's on the high end of his tour); so there's that. WHen This is It was announced, 2 million people tried to buy tickets. AEG President Randy Phillips himself stated that they could have sold out more dates but Michael Jackson only wanted to do 50 because he had other career plans, namely to take the tour to other places as a final concert to his fans. Michael Jackson chose the 02 arena, and this is documented and not speculated, because Prince, who he deemed as a counterpart did 18 dates there; thus when he was initally only going to do 10, he wanted to beat Prince's record and thus signed up for more.. playing in front of 1,000,000 people in the same arena!

4.) Furthermore, when Michael Jackson took the stage in 2001, 450 million people tuned in worldwide (26 million -- or 1 in every 10 theoretical US households) to watch and Michael Jackson made some unprecedent $150,000 per minute of performing. You can lie, AEG can lie, but numbers do not lie! :coffee:

5.) Then you want to talk about album sales, post child molestation allegations, his Number 1s album sold nearly 5 million albums in the United States. Celine Dion's last album 1 million. :coffee:

• Upvote 1

1) I created a thread about a lot of non-factors and just because I made a thread doesn't mean he's not a non-factor

2) I'm sure everyone thought MJ could do it.. Including ThatOtherGuy

3) He picked the venue.. AEG picked the nation... For a reason.. That reason is MJ didn't have a good popular opinion in this country

4) That's awesome! But couldn't tour here since barely 1993 :umm: and that was before his 2nd molestation case... Sooo things have awkwardly took a turn for the worse..

5) Celine didn't die tho so can you compare? Yeah he's sold 5x platinum... Congrats.. How many were before his death :unsure:

1) I created a thread about a lot of non-factors and just because I made a thread doesn't mean he's not a non-factor

2) I'm sure everyone thought MJ could do it.. Including ThatOtherGuy

3) He picked the venue.. AEG picked the nation... For a reason.. That reason is MJ didn't have a good popular opinion in this country

4) That's awesome! But couldn't tour here since barely 1993 :umm: and that was before his 2nd molestation case... Sooo things have awkwardly took a turn for the worse..

5) Celine didn't die tho so can you compare? Yeah he's sold 5x platinum... Congrats.. How many were before his death :unsure:

You say he couldn't tour here; however, Michael chose not to tour here. There is no proof that you have to suggest that he wouldn't be able to tour here. I've shown you that record numbers of people tuned in to watch his performances as late as 2001. Anytime he sat down for an interview, easily 30 million people would tune in. Where are your facts? I don't want your ill-informed opinions. :coffee:

You are the one trying to add validity to AEG claims that Celine Dion was a bigger draw than Michael Jackson and comparing her 700 show residency to a MJ tour of 50 dates. So yes, I can compare, number 1s was double platinum in it's first year out; before he passed. So, there's that, and there wasn't even new material on there. Surely you don't want to compare his late album of original work with Celine's measly one million sales. Not even Celine believes she's now or ever been a bigger draw than Michael Jackson. :coffee:

And furthermore, in regards to number your number 2; you claim to be so engrossed in the trial (of a "non-factor"; might I add) but yet you seem to have missed the entire Jackson family side of the case where the make-up artist, the dancer, the executive producer all expressed their doubts and concerns for Michael's health days and weeks before his death and AEG sat and did nothing but forced him to continue. This is gross negligence on their part and thus, Katherine Jackson should be awarded damages of some sort.