AEG found non-liable for MJ's Death

1) His show was in 2001... People forgave him for his first trial... Fast forward to 2009 where no one cares for a two-time accused child molester and no company would have sponsored him.. No company... FACT: Celebs are scored based on LIKEABILITY... MJ's public opinion before death in the United States was unsatisfactory... You will deal

http://losangeles.cb...d-before-death/

2) MJ hasn't toured over 15 years.. Celine has. I don't care if it's a soap box or a grand stage.. Celine has topped MJ's best tour with inflation. Dion is no entertainer but she can sell tickets and show up... She can garner sponsorships and endorsements... MJ couldn't... not post-2005... and barely post 1993

3) I can't tell what it sold in 2003.. but it wasn't the top 10 selling albums of 2004 not-to-mention it was released around November 2003... an MJB scheme... and his album surged post-death.. Can't compare his post death album sales to someone who isn't dead.. that's not fair... also not fair.. comparing a greatest hit album to a studio album by Celine Dion :blink:

4) Yeah I have and they all expressed doubt... Doubt that he couldn't do all 50 shows or more... but YOU are not on jury so what you think AEG should have done and that you think AEG is guilty... well that is biased and arbitrary (since you're a MJ wacko). Plus you're ignoring the fact that he had a prescription drug problem... and had a thing for propofol

^ Even if MJ's reputation tapered because of the trial, it hard to believe that he would be performing to half empty arenas if he decided to tour the U.S. Even if he was a punchline in the new millennium, he was still friggin Michael Jackson.

• Upvote 1

^ Even if MJ's reputation tapered because of the trial, it hard to believe that he would be performing to half empty arenas if he decided to tour the U.S. Even if he was a punchline in the new millennium, he was still friggin Michael Jackson.

MJ's reputation in 2001.. was not the same post-second molestation trial... (2005-06)

Empty.. no.. but again.. who would sponsor a 2x accused child molester? Sure he was found innocent... but LIKEABILITY fell

:asham: i did.. Her Taking Chances World Tour.. It boasted sales of $300M becoming the 2nd biggest female tour behind one of Madonna's

To MJ's BAD tour which sold a lot.. With inflation: $244M

How is inflation worked out? What does it take into consideration? Is it fair to compare an 80s concert with a 00's concert especially when ticket prices have doubled between that time? Does the inflation thing take into account the difference in ticket prices?

• Upvote 1

How is inflation worked out? What does it take into consideration? Is it fair to compare an 80s concert with a 00's concert especially when ticket prices have doubled between that time? Does the inflation thing take into account the difference in ticket prices?

Inflation covers total profits as if the 80 tour happened in 2012..

Celine's tour was inflation adjusted.. Which is how we can compare.. And since Celine made more money for her show compared to that of MJ's largest show.. Well she's no flop in the touring industry

Inflation covers total profits as if the 80 tour happened in 2012..

Celine's tour was inflation adjusted.. Which is how we can compare.. And since Celine made more money for her show compared to that of MJ's largest show.. Well she's no flop in the touring industry

How is it possible for a tour to have less shows, more in attendance and earn less than a tour that had 10 more shows and half the numbers?

It's not really fair to compare a tour that was selling for $27.5 to a tour that was selling for $165 is it?

right.. but inflation allows us to compare them... 27.50$ in 1988 is like paying $50 in 2008.

The prices people are willing to pay for Celine is impressive considering how boring she is

right.. but inflation allows us to compare them... 27.50$ in 1988 is like paying $50 in 2008.

Which is still less than $165 in 2008, which would be what in 2013?

PS I don't know what price tier that Celine ticket is - it could be one of the better seats or lessor seats. Did they charge different prices in the 80s for different sections?

Which is still less than $165 in 2008, which would be what in 2013?

PS I don't know what price tier that Celine ticket is - it could be one of the better seats or lessor seats. Did they charge different prices in the 80s for different sections?

The year isn't over so there's no inflation rate until 2014 for 2013... but in 2012 it's $57.

No the touring industry now sticks it to the audience... over inflated prices but people are still willing to pay...

1) His show was in 2001... People forgave him for his first trial... Fast forward to 2009 where no one cares for a two-time accused child molester and no company would have sponsored him.. No company... FACT: Celebs are scored based on LIKEABILITY... MJ's public opinion before death in the United States was unsatisfactory... You will deal

http://losangeles.cb...d-before-death/

2) MJ hasn't toured over 15 years.. Celine has. I don't care if it's a soap box or a grand stage.. Celine has topped MJ's best tour with inflation. Dion is no entertainer but she can sell tickets and show up... She can garner sponsorships and endorsements... MJ couldn't... not post-2005... and barely post 1993

3) I can't tell what it sold in 2003.. but it wasn't the top 10 selling albums of 2004 not-to-mention it was released around November 2003... an MJB scheme... and his album surged post-death.. Can't compare his post death album sales to someone who isn't dead.. that's not fair... also not fair.. comparing a greatest hit album to a studio album by Celine Dion :blink:

4) Yeah I have and they all expressed doubt... Doubt that he couldn't do all 50 shows or more... but YOU are not on jury so what you think AEG should have done and that you think AEG is guilty... well that is biased and arbitrary (since you're a MJ wacko). Plus you're ignoring the fact that he had a prescription drug problem... and had a thing for propofol

1.) Why do you need a sponsor to tour? Clearly with no sponsor he sold 1 million tickets in hours. What have your favorites done that can compare? In court documents showed an AEG document which showed the CEO saying that they could sell out 200 shows in London alone! Who needs a sponsor? Certainly not Michael Jackson. Further in court documents showed that AEG, despite your unfounded and weirded theory had plans to tour not only London, but some other 100 shows in Europe and YES! even the United States and eventually ending with a MJ residency in Las Vegas! This by, AEG estimates would earn him $130 million. (MJ Expert said $850 Million.) All they needed was Michael Jackson's approval which they hoped to gain once he continued touring, again stating that it was up to Michael, not some opinion poll, whether he toured the United States or anywhere else.

2.) How do you keep saying that Michael Jackson couldn't sell tickets, when he sold a million in mere hours and according to AEG itself could have sold up to 4 million!!!! Your logic is not adding up! Just because Michael Jackson was in a financial state where he did not have to continue to tour and decided not to and instead decided to enjoy his life with his children does not mean he couldn't sell out shows. At that point, he felt as though he no longer had nothing to prove. He always stated that he hates touring and that he wouldn't tour after a certain point because he didn't want to end up like his idols James Brown and Elvis, touring until their last breath (which ended up happening anyways) :coffee:

3.) Furthermore, yes I can compare a greatest hits album to a studio album, because of the simple record business notion that greatest hits albums do not sell like a studio album sells.

4.)Furthermore, I am not biased and arbitrary. I both study and pratice the law and thus know legal standards. The fact is that there is documented evidence that people expressed concern about Michael Jackson's health, AEG supplied a doctor to care for MJ's health, looked into the situation and thought the doctor to be suitable, although Michael was coming in to rehearsals gaunt and talking to himself. That is not biased, that is based on the facts. Not a damn penny, is going into my pocket. :coffee:

• Upvote 1

The year isn't over so there's no inflation rate until 2014 for 2013... but in 2012 it's $57.

No the touring industry now sticks it to the audience... over inflated prices but people are still willing to pay...

How can $165 drop to $57 when adjusted :o? I should have paid attention in economics class.

• Upvote 1