Kelis Announces New Album: "FOOD"

Kim

Kelis Announces New Album, 'FOOD,' Releases New Song

Last week, Kelis announced via Twitter that her new studio album had been completed. Now, she's sharing a track from it called "Jerk Ribs" and provides more details.

The upcoming album has been given the working title of "FOOD," which has been a running theme for the singer. Back in 2010, without a label to provide necessary funding, Kelis (a recent culinary school graduate) offered to pay producers with home-cooked meals at her in-home studio.

The new song doesn't bear the dance-heavy, electronic vibe of her last album, 2010's "Flesh Tone." Instead, it has more of a classic R&B/soul vibe with plenty of horns and strings.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/the-juice/1560082/kelis-announces-new-album-food-releases-new-song

:asham: @ the bolded.

wait a minute now bitch, this shit kinda grooves. I was ready to cut this shit off until them horns came in and I was transported to a blaxploitation movie where I was getting dicked down by Shaft and giving Super Fly some slow head. >_<