Who has the bigger impact?

Escapade

Aretha for the win!

iv2fly8ooy6bp.gif

She's regarded as the best female vocalist of all time.

She's influenced all of the girls behind her: Whitney, Mariah, etc.

Her vocal range is RIDICULOUS.

Diana maybe a bigger DIVA..but only by a hair. <------------- :lmao:

• Upvote 2

Who is the bigger diva?

Who is better?

Who has the most influence?

Aretha Franklin vs. Diana Ross

1. Diana, she's pretty much the epitome of the word.

2. Better, as far as.....?

3. Aretha, by a long shot. She's the most influential singer ever, and the greatest.

• Upvote 1

This is actually a hard 1 because yes Aretha is The Queen, but Diana is The Boss lol.

As far as image is concerned, Diana hands down, I mean she was the 1st black singer to show glamour to the extent that she showed it, I think THAT makes her the bigger Diva

Aretha has(had) 1 of the best voices in the WORLD, nobody else sounds like she used to in the 60's & 70's, NOBODY. BUT....What makes Diana better than her is that she's more than a vocalists, she's an Academy Award nominated actress, her dancing wasn't on the level of Janet but she danced, she designed, she became a "Do EVERYTHING" star.

For influence Diana has it for the image, and Aretha has it for THE VOICE. Thats pretty much all there is to it lol.

Im waiting for someone to top this Diana performance tho, this bitch stood in that Rain and wind and almost got swept away, and was still working it, and was singing with her tracks showing and telling people to stop pushing and enjoy the rain, man this is DIVAAA lol, she made that wind & rain work for her, put on her cape...done lol. Im waiting for someone to do it like this.

Speaking of Aretha, I was screaming at this 1:02 - 1:05

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQd8JdvhXXM

Black church folks always wanna break out into song in the middle of a sentence. dead_banana.gifdead_banana.gifdead_banana.gif

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHH I AINT NEVA SEEN THIS LAWD!!! That took me on to chuich! People in this ratchet ass generation have NO idea who she used to be.

This is the best I've heard her sound in post 85.

Vocally Aretha is better, but that's where it ends. in terms of cultural impact Diana was the blueprint for the modern black female pop princess. Half of our faves would not know how to get that crossover money if not for Ms. Ross. Impact wise, she is greater but i love them both.

• Upvote 1

Vocally Aretha is better, but that's where it ends. in terms of cultural impact Diana was the blueprint for the modern black female pop princess. Half of our faves would not know how to get that crossover money if not for Ms. Ross. Impact wise, she is greater but i love them both.

And Aretha isn't the archetype for singing? K.

Again if it's about the voice Aretha winds hands down, but if we're talking the industry as a moguel, image, & brand Diana is just the winner lol, like her legacy supersedes the music the same way Janet's does

ec20fb7f.gif

Well ofcourse that performance SLAYS life, but I kinda more so meant....the real outside rain & wind lol...not the 1's controlled by machines lol