Academy Awards Winners - 2014 Season Film Awards Thread

bu.

It wasn't that long ago when I found out who Judy's daughter was >_<:asham:

She has two, but I'm assuming you mean Liza :lol: I don't blame you for not catching on sooner. It'd have taken me a while, too, if I didn't keep up with that kind of stuff >_<:lol: (meaning older actresses/actors not necessarily their kids lol)

She has two, but I'm assuming you mean Liza :lol: I don't blame you for not catching on sooner. It'd have taken me a while, too, if I didn't keep up with that kind of stuff >_<:lol: (meaning older actresses/actors not necessarily their kids lol)

Lol yup Liza :lol:! I was SHOCKED :lmao:! I remember when I found out the queen from Princess Diaries was Mary Poppins

Ugh, it was at first. I'll fix it later :rolleyes::lol:

I understand, but yes, netflix it :P It's wonderful :wub:

I hate when that happens - especially when Game catches it <_<:lol:

I can't wait :)! I watched It's A Wonderful Life recently and fell in love :wub:. Old cinema >>>>>>>

I hate when that happens - especially when Game catches it <_<:lol:

I can't wait :)! I watched It's A Wonderful Life recently and fell in love :wub:. Old cinema >>>>>>>

It's so frustrating :sigh:

Yes! That's one of my favorites movies ever! :wub: TSOM, too, but still :lol::wub: I agree. Old cinema is so much better.

It's so frustrating :sigh:

Yes! That's one of my favorites movies ever! :wub: TSOM, too, but still :lol::wub: I agree. Old cinema is so much better.

I get a buzz from old cinema. They're very heart warming. Audrey Hepburn has always been a favourite

YAS! I love that movie! My Fair Lady is probably my ultimate fave in movies overall.

I can see why. I have at least 5 movies tied as my #1 so I could never choose just one favorite :lol: There's so much to choose from withnit only the best movies but some of the greatest actresses and actors to ever live working around the same time. Audrey Hepburn, Katharine Hepburn, Elizabeth Taylor, Bette Davis, Ava Gardner, Vivien Leigh, etc. Men like Gregory Peck, Cary Grant, Spencer Tracy, Marlon Brando, and the rest. Ah, it makes me want to break out my DVDs right now :wub: :wub:

I can see why. I have at least 5 movies tied as my #1 so I could never choose just one favorite :lol: There's so much to choose from withnit only the best movies but some of the greatest actresses and actors to ever live working around the same time. Audrey Hepburn, Katharine Hepburn, Elizabeth Taylor, Bette Davis, Ava Gardner, Vivien Leigh, etc. Men like Gregory Peck, Cary Grant, Spencer Tracy, Marlon Brando, and the rest. Ah, it makes me want to break out my DVDs right now :wub: :wub:

Just to confirm - Audrey and Katharine aren't related are they? :lol:

They're all amazing tbh. All of them. I was just watching The Nanny with Bette Davis the other day! Admittedly I need to watch a lot of all of thier movies. But I'm getting there :lol:. Break them out! Plan a relaxing movie weekend or something :lol:

Just to confirm - Audrey and Katharine aren't related are they? :lol:

They're all amazing tbh. All of them. I was just watching The Nanny with Bette Davis the other day! Admittedly I need to watch a lot of all of thier movies. But I'm getting there :lol:. Break them out! Plan a relaxing movie weekend or something :lol:

No, they're not :lol:

I agree. I understand. I still have a long way to go, myself. :lol: That sounds like a great idea, actually. Midterms are over by Friday so I could use a good break this weekend. :lol:

OK, my final picks for the majors...

Actor: Matthew McConaughey

Actress: Cate Blanchett

Supporting Actor: Jared Leto

Supporting Actress: Lupita Nyong'o

Director: Steve McQueen

Film: Gravity

I've thought 12 Years would get it most of this time but I think Gravity is going down as a classic and with Sandra not picking up best actress it will need to be remembered for more than technical awards. Whichever of the two wins best film, I think the opposing will take best director.