Made a music video for Lonely

jarrylf

*THIS IS THE NEW VERSION CREATED 11/5/13*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IobRj7vkVHQ

I got my hands on a copy of the Rhythm Nation movie and I just couldn't resist. It was another case of "there isn't a fanmade video already" so instead of waiting for someone to make 1, I did.

This was my 1st time watching the Rhythm Nation movie in I'd say maybe 5 yrs, 1 thing I never noticed, how visually STUNNING every shot is, with the buildings, the clouds, the power plant, the streets, every shot is just gorgeous, and I always visualized a "Lonely" video being very similar to Stranger In Moscow, & Who Is it except having more to it. But yea this was my 1st time watching the video for a reason other than how rare it is (good luck trying to find the whole thing on youtube or Dailymotion, and in PERFECT HD) and for the music and I'm appreciating it for the imagery.

Anyway I hope you guys like it, I worked pretty hard on it.

• Upvote 3

Thank u soooooooooooooooooo much. My favorite fucking song by Janet,EVER.Do u know how long I've been tryna get TOF to make a video for this since there was no fanmade one. I tell ya ,ppl be on dat bull lol

:rolleyes:

Must you bring that up? <_<

I will get to it... eventually. I promise. -_-

Jarryl shared the video with me last night and I loved it! :clapping:

EMI blocked it, for copyright. I think to avoid that..in ur description you're suppose to say "I don't own this music" or something to that effect..

It's back up now. I just watched it again.

EMI has been blocking A LOT of Janet videos recently. I don't know what their issue is. :sigh:

That's part of the reason I'm not making Janet videos... I always have to worry about them being taken down. -_-

You did a good job of capturing the mood of the song. When I hear "Lonely" and watch the Rhythm Nation movie, I get a sense of dreary sadness, but also hope and optimism. The last two minutes were GREAT. :)

Yes it definitely fit the song!

Jarryl I love that you stuck to the Rhythm Nation film for it! I fucking love it.

• Upvote 1

Thanks SO much guys, and yea the last 2mins or so is what I feel like I put the most into and came out best, the part where she's talking to the boys drove me up the wall, and it's still not as smooth as I visioned for it, but it's like the best I could do (I might actually go ahead and touch that up some more today). But I love that you guys like the tone, that was important to me, that the buildings and the stuff without Janet really fit the mood too.

Yea the way I personally do my fanmade vids, and it's my fave way for them to be made, is the footage HAS to atleast be from the same era as he music. My original plan for this (I'm still considering it if I want to touch it up some more) would be to use clips from CBTM, like I think that'd fit but it'd be more work (having to deal with the black & white vs. in color issue is the main concern) and I feel like it would've been a bit much, and I liked just strictly using the RN movie for the stuff

I love the new version better tbh. It flows better and you're right the extra details really did help to be honest. I hope this is a first of many great videos to come. Can I request a Feels So Right video please lol!

• Upvote 1