In Honor of tonight's AMA's

SloLove

The audience pissed me off at the 09 AMAs. But I loved how that Reba McEntire was feeling it during Together again. And I'll NEVER let go of Jermaine not knowing the wordsto the song :lmao:. I don't care what people say about Janet. That woman has given us 40 years of pure entertainment. She is simply the best.

Thanks for this thread. You've got me watching so many old performances of hers and even the clips of her with her brothers doing those skits. She is a natural God given talent.

• Upvote 1

The medley was lifeless...it wasn't enough spunk to keep the crowd hype. She tried to emulate wut she did on the RWU tour and it didn't fit for an award show . She was dancing her ass off but the presentation was lacking and drawn out. I always Said she shoulda came down on a trapeze like she did in the Control video...that alone wuld have set it off!!

The medley was lifeless...it wasn't enough spunk to keep the crowd hype. She tried to emulate wut she did on the RWU tour and it didn't fit for an award show . She was dancing her ass off but the presentation was lacking and drawn out. I always Said she shoulda came down on a trapeze like she did in the Control video...that alone wuld have set it off!!

i don't think so at all...and she did the medley because she was promoting the number ones album

Her doin a medley wasn't the problem...it was the presentation. She should have addded more elements to make it more exciting, for such a lengthy performance, it was lacking something. But to each his own. Even my grandmother said she was expecting more. I understand why the crowd wasn't that moved.

Nah, AMA crowds are just lifeless period. Same with The Grammys. I figured that out a little while ago.

The VMAs are better because they have the audience pits, which adds excitement to the performance and they don't cut so much to celebs in the audience for "reaction shots"