Does anyone here actually believes the urban legend that Janet has a secret kid?

BlackCat1989

Look I know that this topic is ancient as fuck! But I would just like to know how many of you believe the legend.

I was on another site and they were discussing a rumor that El Debarge might be the father of singer Pebbles youngest kid. Mama D who is the Debarges mother, actually wrote a letter to the site's owner claiming that El was in fact this young man's father. So naturally someone there bought up the fact that she did the same thing in the Janet and James situation for years.

I for one do believe that Janet was pregnant by James. However I do not believe a child exist. I believe that Janet either had a miscarriage later on in her pregnancy (due to all of the stress put onto her by her family and James) or she had a stillborn. Janet being the very private person that she is would rather people speculate about her having a secret kid then to come out and say what really happened.

Again I know that this topic has been discussed multiple times, but I would really like to know what you all think.

Look I know that this topic is ancient as fuck! But I would just like to know how many of you believe the legend.

I was on another site and they were discussing a rumor that El Debarge might be the father of singer Pebbles youngest kid. Mama D who is the Debarges mother actually wrote a letter to the sites owner claiming that El was in fact this young man's father. So naturally someone there bought up the fact that she did the same thing in the Janet and James situation for years.

I for one do believe that Janet was pregnant by James. However I do not believe a child exist. I believe that Janet either had a miscarriage later on in her pregnancy (due to all of the stress put onto her by her family and James) or she had a stillborn. Janet being the private person that she is would rather people speculate about her having a secret kid then to come out and say what really happened.

Again I know that this topic has been discussed multiple times, but I would really like to know what you all think.

We're on the same page with that belief 1 of the DeBarge sisters (theres only 2, might've been Bunny) pretty much confirmed that. But I don't exactly cling to that 1 either cause tho that 1 is more likely, it's alot more emotional than having a secret child thus she'd have a legit reason to keep that ordeal quiet like so many women in our every day lives do.

But that secret daughter bullshit..... lol. I like to say I'll never say I'm 100% on that because it's impossible to be unless you are Janet or James, but most importantly Janet. But I'd say I'm maybe 80% sure (friends with people who some are close to the fam and some were at 1 point in time),

Same here, especially Janet (Rebbie I can see having a secret kid easily, even LaToya in the late 70s), but Janet was working all those years in the 80's doing SOMETHING at least so she's easy to track and vouche for. So for the non-fans/casual fans who either don't know she was public every year or forgot, they don't consider that, they act like she went from Good Times to DeBarge to Control (NO LIE someone in all seriousness had no idea she did Different Strokes, Fame, The Love Boat and 2 albums/eras all before Control..........)

Bunny said she had a abortion and was forced into having 1 by Joe

1 of my old friends (lost touch with him) was 1 of Joes personal limo driver from 83-86, he pretty much vouched for the fact that he controlled Janet & Toya like they were pets, and that anything he wanted them to do they did.

Same here, especially Janet (Rebbie I can see having a secret kid easily, even LaToya in the late 70s), but Janet was working all those years in the 80's doing SOMETHING at least so she's easy to track and vouche for. So for the non-fans/casual fans who either don't know she was public every year or forgot, they don't consider that, they act like she went from Good Times to DeBarge to Control (NO LIE someone in all seriousness had no idea she did Different Strokes, Fame, The Love Boat and 2 albums/eras all before Control..........)

Bunny said she had a abortion and was forced into having 1 by Joe

1 of my old friends (lost touch with him) was 1 of Joes personal limo driver from 83-86, he pretty much vouched for the fact that he controlled Janet & Toya like they were pets, and that anything he wanted them to do they did.

That bastard Joe did some file shit to his children. If he forced her to get an abortion his ass should be stoned.

I always believed that this particular situation was apart of the reason that Janet fell into that deep depression in the 90's. She didn't have time to deal with that issue because everybody around her was pushing her to become the next big Jackson star. It caught up with her in the 90's and she had to face it head on, thus birthing the Velvet Rope album.

I think this is also the reason she has yet to have children. She's still dealing with it internally.

Oh yea, besides the guy I'm talking about I know alot of people who've met Joe even just once, and the general gist (from the ones who met him in the 70's-80's especially) he was a MEAN guy, like I asked the guy who drove his limo "did any of the kids have egos or attitude problems toward you or any of the employee's" and he said it wasn't a regular thing but some did, but Joe was the worst, even tho he grew to like him.

You know what I never thought about that, that's very much a possibility, especially about her not having kids yet, and I always did find it interesting how she says she went from wanting alot of kids as a kid and teen, to not wanting kids at all, and then finally in the mid-late 00's, there might be something there.

Yeah! I think that's more likely than the secret kid thing. That abortion could have resulted in her not being able to conceive a child too that's if that's what happened.

A couple of years ago I came across a Wendy Williams interview where she was interviewing Chico Debarge and she asked him about this and he said that James told him that Janet was about 5months pregnant when they broke up. Chico stated that he didn't think that they performed late-term abortions in the 80's and Wendy said well if you had Jackson money you could get it done.

Yeah! I think that's more likely than the secret kid thing. That abortion could have resulted in her not being able to conceive a child too that's if that's what happened.

A couple of years ago I came across a Wendy Williams interview where she was interviewing Chico Debarge and she asked him about this and he said that James told him that Janet was about 5months pregnant when they broke up. Chico stated that he didn't think that they performed late-term abortions in the 80's and Wendy said well if you had Jackson money you could get it done.

OMG I HEARD THAT INTERVIEW TOO A LONG TIME AGO (might be up on Youtube now), but she's rightthat Jackson money could see to that being done, or even if she did actually have a kid, why the hell not put it up for adoption and have NOTHING to do with it why go through alllll the years of clever planning & secrecy to deny this persons existance to the world, that theory just...ugh...I swear its the non fans & the casual fans keeping that shit alive.

• Upvote 1

Yeah! I heard that interview on YouTube although I don't know if it is still up. But yeah its usually the non-fans are causal fans that believe this. It just seems like it would be to much work to keep a secret like this going. Could you imagine if their was a Jackson/Debarge baby walking around and the world actually knew about it. This Mama D would be on cloud 9. Her ass would have a different story every week about Janet. She would be rich from selling these stories to the tabloids.

• Upvote 1

She doesn't have a child but I do believe she either had an abortion or miscarriage

Papa Joe saved her career

Which may be the reason behind her depression in the late 1990s

But was him saving her career worth maybe killing her child. Do you not believe that she would have had a stellar career had she had that child.

Of course, her child's at Rebbie's. :P j/p lol

Well she's stated that she hoped to change James for the better when they married. Personally I doubt they had a child together. They weren't together long, and I think she would've rather waited until he sobered up (which he didn't, so she moved on).

Of course, her child's at Rebbie's. :P j/p lol

Well she's stated that she hoped to change James for the better when they married. Personally I doubt they had a child together. They weren't together long, and I think she would've rather waited until he sobered up (which he didn't, so she moved on).

It doesn't matter that they weren't together for very long, two people can make a baby on a one-night stand. James was 19 and Janet was16 when they started dating, that's a good 3 year there. Thats plenty of time to produce a baby.

• Upvote 1

It doesn't matter that they weren't together for very long, two people can make a baby on a one-night stand. James was 19 and Janet was16 when they started dating, that's a good 3 year there. Thats plenty of time to produce a baby.

Sure I acknowledge the possibility, but I still don't think she had one at that point.

I don't believe anything that comes out of any debarges mouth especially Chico. Its not unusual for young female artists in their prime to get abortions though so If her dad didn't make them someone in the industry would have. Just like Chilli, Raven Symone Beyonce etc