Barbie Maybe Getting A Fat New Friend: Meet Lammily

The "Lammily" doll is designed with articulated wrists, knees, elbows and feet, natural-looking makeup and a casual wardrobe featuring denim shorts, sneakers and athletic gear.

"Most fashion dolls on the market are dressed like princesses or wear funky outfits," Lamm told HuffPost. "I wanted Lammily to wear clothes that Gap or J. Crew might design. There's no reason why simple everyday clothes design can't be transferred to doll clothes."

Lamm also told HuffPost that the doll is designed to appeal to parents and children alike:

The message about body image targets parents of daughters. Many young girls do not care about body image, they just want a fun doll to play with. This initial campaign is aimed more towards parents, but the future depends on young girls wanting to play with Lammily. I spent lots of time and research to create a doll which daughters are going to love. She isn't just a doll with typical body proportions, she's a fun doll which just happens to have typical body proportions. And everything from the packaging, to future ad campaigns, to future online interactive worlds, will be designed to appeal to kids.

r-LAMMILY-large570.jpg

To anybody that's offended by the title... Sue me

:lol: classless plugging of the name

I don't think this will sell well.. I could be wrong

It probably won't. I'd partly blame the name, but also the fashion choices. Part of the magic of Barbie is all of the beautiful clothes. Having a doll with a realistic body but all the awesome clothes would be better. It'd make girls feel pretty, and not likely to blend in with the everyday clothes.

I feel so dorky for analyzing that. :lol:

Yeah I agree with Reyna... The fun of dolls is the fantasy. She can have a more realistic body but bitch doesn't need to shop at Kmart!

Although when I played with dolls as a wee figgins, they were always naked -_-