Anita Baker Wanted By Police

jarrylf

Anita Baker -- famous for her 80s hit song "Sweet Love" -- is now a wanted woman in Detroit ... after an arrest warrant was issued for the Grammy-winning singer.

According to court records, the bench warrant was issued yesterday after the singer failed to show up to court for a hearing in her current legal battle with a paint and decorating company.

Ray Smith Painting and Decorating has sued Baker, claiming she owes the company $15,000 for services it performed inside her giant Grosse Pointe home -- and so far, she still hasn't anted up.

We reached out to Anita's camp for comment -- so far, no word back.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2014/03/20/anita-baker-sweet-love-arrest-warrant/#ixzz2wXxeQgo9

Eh, she actually has a STRONG Detroit reputation for being a Bitch, I know people who've met her, my mom taught at a school her sons went to, 1 of my moms old teacher colleagues was her 1st grade teacher and 1 of my friends dated her son......all said she is pretty cold-mean or has a bad attitude

Eh, she actually has a STRONG Detroit reputation for being a Bitch, I know people who've met her, my mom taught at a school her sons went to, 1 of my moms old teacher colleagues was her 1st grade teacher and 1 of my friends dated her son......all said she is pretty cold-mean or has a bad attitude

Really? :huh: I'm a little surprised.

I have never heard anything bad about Anita being a bitch and/or having a bad reputation personality-wise (well nothing outside of the normal .. "I'm a female singer who wants Wtf I want cuz I have a show" type of diva shit :lol:) so yeah, that's surprising.

But I don't understand ANYONE who doesn't show up to court. That makes you look bad and it furthermore pisses the system off and makes things worse. It's str8 up, just STUPID. Go deal with your legal shit head on cuz its not gonna go away..why make it worst? Especially if you're a public figure.. now your headline news.

Really? :huh: I'm a little surprised.

Yea I didn't want that to be true I use to defend "maybe they just caught her the wrong day", but my mom confirmed it when she started working at the school her kids go to, she said she's 1 of those people who expect you to "bow" basically, and all the teachers kinda hate her for that. I mean it was easier to excuse my friend who dated 1of her sons cause....it's a girl who's dating her son,lol for a over protective (and on top of that famous) mom, you kinda have to expect them not to exactly be warm and open. But I know alot of people who stopped being fans after they met her.

But alas I reserve judgement for myself, but based on all the stories, I just know what to expect.

Yea I didn't want that to be true I use to defend "maybe they just caught her the wrong day", but my mom confirmed it when she started working at the school her kids go to, she said she's 1 of those people who expect you to "bow" basically, and all the teachers kinda hate her for that. I mean it was easier to excuse my friend who dated 1of her sons cause....it's a girl who's dating her son,lol for a over protective (and on top of that famous) mom, you kinda have to expect them not to exactly be warm and open. But I know alot of people who stopped being fans after they met her.

But alas I reserve judgement for myself, but based on all the stories, I just know what to expect.

That sounds almost opposite to what I imagined :lol: I expected a little bitchy, but not that. I agree about the overprotective part, though.