To the Americans, how is CNN's reputation in your country?

HollyHood

I was watching Joel McHale's speech at the White House Correspondents’ Dinner and he joked about CNN "losing dignity" and not showing real news.

So I came to wonder how is CNN perceived over there? Is it viewed as a joke? I'm not American but as far as I know Fox's reputation is the pits.

Have you ever been to other countries and watched CNN International? It's pretty good I think especially some of its reporters like Amanpour, Richard Quest (I like his shows), etc.

Same question to those non-Americans who have seen both CNN International and American CNN.

:unsure:

Edit:

Even Obama shaded CNN!

I was watching Joel McHale's speech at the White House Correspondents’ Dinner and he joked about CNN "losing dignity" and not showing real news.

So I came to wonder how is CNN perceived over there? Is it viewed as a joke? I'm not American but as far as I know Fox's reputation is the pits.

Have you ever been to other countries and watched CNN International? It's pretty good I think especially some of its reporters like Amanpour, Richard Quest (I like his shows), etc.

Same question to those non-Americans who have seen both CNN International and American CNN.

:unsure:

Edit:

Even Obama shaded CNN!

First and foremost, I like to thank you for posting the Correspondents dinner.. I'm a huge fan of Joel McHale and I wanted to catch the jokes President Obama had

CNN has taken an incredible wrong turn.. one after another.. They speculate and they do NOT tell the news... They spend sooo much time on one topic (The Mysterious plane) and the beat it until it is dead

FOX news Reputation is dead but their ratings is strong (thanks to Grandpa & Grandma)...

MSNBC ratings have plummet but they are just too boring (probably)

That being said, I follow CNN on twitter, if something big happened, I would turn to CNN and not the other two options FIRST... For national elections, I turn to CNN.. but that's just me.

CNN is terrible, MSNBC has a few good shows like Rachel Maddow and Lawrence O'Donnell, and Fox News isn't even news.

I get my news from Real Time with Bill Maher and The Daily Show. They're left-leaning, yet still honest and not afraid to question the left when it does something wrong.

• Upvote 3

Oh wow, so CNN in the US is really that shitty huh? :o Didn't see that coming!

MSNBC is really local so *Mariah I don't know her gif*. Fox, on the other hand, is global but for all the wrong reasons lol. NPR is great, but not really big in my country.

• Upvote 1

AMAZING how ppl in the USA think that it's either meh or bah and people from my country think it's the best, biggest and most reliable news channel in the world :lol:

In my country, people treat it as the most reliable source! :asham:

Do you all get a different CNN than us? :umm::lol:

:umm: :umm: :umm:

Of course we do. Do you think the rest of the world is always interested in your politics? I didn't even know Republicans are also called the "Tea Party" like wtf? We're only here for your presidential elections because it's good TV. :coffee:

Of course we do. Do you think the rest of the world is always interested in your politics? I didn't even know Republicans are also called the "Tea Party" like wtf? We're only here for your presidential elections because it's good TV. :coffee:

I'm not saying you're all interested in our politics unless you love freak shows. :umm: My only question was for daily news, do you get the same reporters and format as we do from CNN? I don't see how it warranted that response from you. :umm: Our CNN is notorious for using its best resources on the wrong stories. I just wondered if that was the case everywhere or just for us.

Yes, the rest of the world is always interested in our politics :umm:

And the tea party is a small part of the republic party

I'm not saying you're all interested in our politics unless you love freak shows. :umm: My only question was for daily news, do you get the same reporters and format as we do from CNN? I don't see how it warranted that response from you. :umm: Our CNN is notorious for using its best resources on the wrong stories. I just wondered if that was the case everywhere or just for us.

I don't know who the reporters are in your CNN. I named some of the reporters I see in our CNN in my first post. Are you familiar with them? And yes I think we have different reporters for daily news.

The Tea Party are a far-right Republican party