I remember a thread a while back badmouthing Keyshia's "I Aint Thru"

LyricalLesson

I had never really paid attention or heard it until a few days ago. I like Keyshia's voice, and I was a BIG fan of her first album...but I haven't gotten into much of anything else she's released...

But this song is FIRE! I LOVE it. She's surprisingly chill and laid back on it, and when she rips into the "I aaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiiin't" and "ohhhhh no" parts on the chorus, I get chill bumps...her voice is powerful. I love the positive message she gives. And in my opinion, Nick Minaj KILLS it on her verse! I'm team Kim all day, but I am really really starting to genuinely like Nicki when she's this likeable. The Keyshia/Nicki combo was excellent. It sucks that this song didn't do well, it's my favorite song of Keyshia's since her first album material.

I had never really paid attention or heard it until a few days ago. I like Keyshia's voice, and I was a BIG fan of her first album...but I haven't gotten into much of anything else she's released...

But this song is FIRE! I LOVE it. She's surprisingly chill and laid back on it, and when she rips into the "I aaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiiin't" and "ohhhhh no" parts on the chorus, I get chill bumps...her voice is powerful. I love the positive message she gives. And in my opinion, Nick Minaj KILLS it on her verse! I'm team Kim all day, but I am really really starting to genuinely like Nicki when she's this likeable. The Keyshia/Nicki combo was excellent. It sucks that this song didn't do well, it's my favorite song of Keyshia's since her first album material.

We all agreed with you the song does suck

I love that song too (although I can totally see why it flopped). And I agree, Nicki's verse slays again. Although I find it funny that you're team Kim but love Nicki's part; by all accounts she's taking shots at her. :lol:

I appreciate a hot verse, even if she is talking about Kim. She makes me laugh every time I hear it . . . but aside from the humor, I dig the way her verse flows, the delivery, and the swag she displays. No frontin' here, she kill't it :lol:

I guess I just wish it didn't flop because I like it so much lol. It took a few listens for me to completely get into it, but it happend. Strong vocal, nice beat, hot rap verse, empowering message . . . great tune. ^_^

I didn't pay attention to it til a couple of weeks ago... a lil underwhelming at first. But since then its grew on me a lil but it still has no place being a FIRST single

I haven't heard the album, have you? Is there quite a few songs better suited for a first single? I'm curious . . . I'm not really a fan of her typical music, but if she had more material like this then I might consider purchasing it.

I haven't heard the album, have you? Is there quite a few songs better suited for a first single? I'm curious . . . I'm not really a fan of her typical music, but if she had more material like this then I might consider purchasing it.

listen to the rest of the cd and i promise u u will skip over this track :coffee: this cd is garbage compared to her other but she still has a couple nice ballads number 8 :wub: best song on cd. what u do to me!!

so impossible is ok and sometimes

Archived