I WAS HAVING A DISCUSSION WITH A FRIEND ...

janetDAYZ

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was dark because it had a slutty feel to the video. You wants to be a slut in the light? :unsure::lol::lol:

i fuckin LOVE u for that quote :excited::lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

i just wanted the video 2 have a more color pop 2 the cinematography....................i LOVED the special effects where the clothes came off & back on.........wanted that part 2 show much betta-lighting wise.

i fuckin LOVE u for that quote :excited::lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

i just wanted the video 2 have a more color pop 2 the cinematography....................i LOVED the special effects where the clothes came off & back on.........wanted that part 2 show much betta-lighting wise.

Think of a movie where they have a scene in the dark.. You wouldn't ask the director to turn up the lights because you're having trouble seeing.. lol

A slutty performance calls for a back alley with no lights.. <_<

Think of a movie where they have a scene in the dark.. You wouldn't ask the director to turn up the lights because you're having trouble seeing.. lol

A slutty performance calls for a back alley with no lights.. <_<

omg u killing me :lmao: :lmao: i really wnatede "so-excited" 2 be a live performance video-along the lines similar

2 the "control" video 20 yrs. later.

I felt that alot of folks had forgotten how Janet can burn down a stage w/visuals & hot choreography........just come out the gate SLAYIN mofos..............................that's just me. -_-

omg u killing me :lmao: :lmao: i really wnatede "so-excited" 2 be a live performance video-along the lines similar

2 the "control" video 20 yrs. later.

I felt that alot of folks had forgotten how Janet can burn down a stage w/visuals & hot choreography........just come out the gate SLAYIN mofos..............................that's just me. -_-

:shifty:

I can understand it being a new journey but should the music suffer..especially since you've already created a standard for yourself? I feel like he's just throwing the quality out the window..and a TRUE fan will be disappointed becuz your new journey is lacking substance,direction and overall good quality. I dunno..I feel the quality and the new journey both are equally important. Why do something if you're not tryna BETTER yourself?Why climb a mountain if you're not tryna get to the top?

Music is a tricky business because in most art forms the artist is challenging himself, trying to reach deeper into his own phyche and uncover thing about himself and presenting it to the public to say "see this is who I am right now." So he has a responsibility to himself and his art to only present when there is some growth, and growth should be continuous through-out life. If he's not growing than who's going to be interested in more of the same?

Well I question that because if it was about the new journey for STANS..then we would embrace and like ALL of Janets material when it reality we DON'T. There's ppl who are ify with DJ..ppl who dislike 20YO..and ppl like YOU and I who simply despise Discipline. So based off that observation.. we(as stans) want either better or consistency from how it appears.

we aren't all stans

those iffy people are fickle :coffee:

i don't despise DISCIPLINE... i was just disappointed with the material... the mediocre singles.. i wish Janet would just go back to Jimmy & Terry... fuck a "new" sound... if it ain't broke..

we aren't all stans

those iffy people are fickle :coffee:

i don't despise DISCIPLINE... i was just disappointed with the material... the mediocre singles.. i wish Janet would just go back to Jimmy & Terry... fuck a "new" sound... if it ain't broke..

If you call it her 2nd worst after a pre-control album...I think that falls under despise.. :lol:

Music is a tricky business because in most art forms the artist is challenging himself, trying to reach deeper into his own phyche and uncover thing about himself and presenting it to the public to say "see this is who I am right now." So he has a responsibility to himself and his art to only present when there is some growth, and growth should be continuous through-out life. If he's not growing than who's going to be interested in more of the same?

Greg has muscles...I like muscles.... :excited:

But its clear that all artists dont.....

I just had another conversation with him yesterday and he tells me for the tracks he make that dont feel 100% to him once he makes a video it will make up for what the quality lacks :mellow: He looks at it as the video and song are 50/50 :mellow: I was like "what are you smoking?" :mellow: I cant even take him seriously now. You've been doin this for 13 years..you've done 7 albums and this is where ur frame of mind is artistically? Basically to force feed bullshit? A TRUE artists should care more...I dont get it.

Archived