How many slaves did your favorite President own?

King Baby

Bachmann claimed the founding fathers "worked tirelessly until slavery was no more in the United States." Perhaps she does not know, or does not care, that in reality many of the nation's founders owned slaves, including Benjamin Franklin, who owned two. Twelve presidents owned slaves, eight of them while living in the Executive Mansion. President James Madison had 106 slaves. President George Washington owned 316 slaves when he died, and had a dentist transplant nine teeth into his mouth that had been extracted from his slaves. Thomas Jefferson owned as many as 187 slaves -- some of whom he fathered -- even as he extolled the virtues of freedom and democracy. :filenails:

http://www.thegrio.com/politics/racial-gaffes-get-gop-2012-wannabes-in-hot-water.php#

Bachmann claimed the founding fathers "worked tirelessly until slavery was no more in the United States." Perhaps she does not know, or does not care, that in reality many of the nation's founders owned slaves, including Benjamin Franklin, who owned two. Twelve presidents owned slaves, eight of them while living in the Executive Mansion. President James Madison had 106 slaves. President George Washington owned 316 slaves when he died, and had a dentist transplant nine teeth into his mouth that had been extracted from his slaves. Thomas Jefferson owned as many as 187 slaves -- some of whom he fathered -- even as he extolled the virtues of freedom and democracy. :filenails:

http://www.thegrio.com/politics/racial-gaffes-get-gop-2012-wannabes-in-hot-water.php#

George Washington was just.......wow. :o

Chris Matthews ate that bitch and her tea party friends...I always laugh when women of the tea party talk about our "founding fathers"...those muthafuckas didn't give a fuck about you bitch

Seriously! "Founding fathers" and "Constitution" seem to be their obsessions, yet how many of them do you think have actually read the Constitution or know more than the names of a few of our founding fathers? I mean seriously, Sarah Palin can't even read a magazine and Michelle Bachmann doesn't know how to look into a camera. I don't know how these people made it through elementary school, let alone onto the national political stage.

Chris Matthews ate that bitch and her tea party friends...I always laugh when women of the tea party talk about our "founding fathers"...those muthafuckas didn't give a fuck about you bitch

he called her a balloon head :lmao: :lmao: he hates her.

http://www.thegrio.c...-hot-water.php#

I know this wil be unpopular but wtf.gif How many of our ancestors sold us to white men?

To continually focus on the power of one people over another, nullifies the efforts of every slave that fought and sometimes died for his or her freedom, every black father who worked at a job that was beneath his intelligence in order to make sure his family was fed and sheltered, and every long suffering mother who watched her child bused into uncertainty, trusting that those people would give her child the education he or she was entitled to under the law. In the end you can't do a damn thing about yesterday except try to learn enough from it to not let that shit happen again tomorrow. I'd rather focus on how many people of all races who have sacrificed, so much, to right that wrong.

I know this wil be unpopular but wtf.gif How many of our ancestors sold us to white men?

To continually focus on the power of one people over another, nullifies the efforts of every slave that fought and sometimes died for his or her freedom, every black father who worked at a job that was beneath his intelligence in order to make sure his family was fed and sheltered, and every long suffering mother who watched her child bused into uncertainty, trusting that those people would give her child the education he or she was entitled to under the law. In the end you can't do a damn thing about yesterday except try to learn enough from it to not let that shit happen again tomorrow. I'd rather focus on how many people of all races who have sacrificed, so much, to right that wrong.

Are you trying to ruin my thread Mr Dean? <_< You better be lucky you are hot or we would be at cyberwar... :cheers:

^_^

Archived