Christina Aguilera hasn't peaked yet... unlike Britney Spears and Jennifer Lopez, says manager Irving Azoff

bu.

Some don't get what she was doing with Back to Basics. She wanted the sound to go back decades and was doing something very different than what was on radio 

Let's keep Janhova out of this... Janet never went "Back to Basic" like Xtina did. Janet, like most artists, sample old music.. Not a theme 

and it's quite evident that B2B meant she was creating a throw back.. But pshaw... This album is just Basic 

Let's keep Janhova out of this... Janet never went "Back to Basic" like Xtina did. Janet, like most artists, sample old music.. Not a theme 

and it's quite evident that B2B meant she was creating a throw back.. But pshaw... This album is just Basic 

I'm saying like Janet, Christina decided to venture out and do something different and put music out that radio currently wasn't playing

I'm saying like Janet, Christina decided to venture out and do something different and put music out that radio currently wasn't playing

Nope... Janet is a legend.. She's did that bc JANET is just doing Janet. Two different things. 

Xtina going "retro" 9 years ago is not similar to Janet doing her own thing bc they are on two different wavelengths. Ones a legend and the other is always behind Britney Spears & Beyonce

I feel like Christina was at her best when she had something to rebel against (i.e. Britney's shadow) on Stripped. After that I feel like she didn't necessarily... Have a clear direction of how she wanted to reinvent herself. Doing the retro thing was gimmicky, and she didn't need that. I wish she had just evolved more organically. I think Christina as an artist wants to be visual and conceptual but sometimes I think that falls flat... That being said Your Body was the shit and so was Let There Be Love. So I'm here for new music. She's also a friend of Lady Gaga's so she's good in my book. :coffee: 

• Upvote 3

Nope... Janet is a legend.. She's did that bc JANET is just doing Janet. Two different things. 

Xtina going "retro" 9 years ago is not similar to Janet doing her own thing bc they are on two different wavelengths. Ones a legend and the other is always behind Britney Spears & Beyonce

She still did like I said which was do music that radio wasn't playing. We already know she ain't nowhere near Janet's level and no matter how far she is behind Britney she's still more of an artist that Britney

She still did like I said which was do music that radio wasn't playing. We already know she ain't nowhere near Janet's level and no matter how far she is behind Britney she's still more of an artist that Britney

I don't think I would classify Xtina as an "artist". Artist has a unique style (not just voice). They know their music and their audience. I feel Xtina still doesn't know which direction to go at her stage of her career 

Then again she's judging a "game show" with no real prize 

I don't think I would classify Xtina as an "artist". Artist has a unique style (not just voice). They know their music and their audience. I feel Xtina still doesn't know which direction to go at her stage of her career 

Then again she's judging a "game show" with no real prize 

She's a artist in that she's a writer, prodcuer, and is in control of the visuals. You can factually jab her for alot of things career wise, but it's a clear blue fact that of her female peers she's 1 of if not arguably the most artistic in every way. She hasn't been just a singer since her debut. To deny her as a artist is as outrageous as denying she's peaked.

A stint that many of her peers tried and failed at.......yet her show (and her specific season) just won another Primetime Emmy...

Edited by jarrylf

Some don't get what she was doing with Back to Basics. She wanted the sound to go back decades and was doing something very different than what was on radio that only few real artists venture out and do like Janet. That album was done by the sound of her Black idols like Etta James, Ella Fitzgerald, and Billy Holiday. That was the sound of the whole album and y'all can't tell me this song isn't everything

Really? because she flat out said it when she released it and you can see it on some of the lyrics, beats and image of the whole album. You gotta be a big ass idiot to not see it and criticize the album tbh :lol: 

• Upvote 1

Really? because she flat out said it when she released it and you can see it on some of the lyrics, beats and image of the whole album. You gotta be a big ass idiot to not see it and criticize the album tbh :lol: 

well I guess some are idiots cause they don't see it