Sia spills the tea on working with Kanye, Rihanna, Katy and Beyoncé

Aquaria

Mess. I certainly didn't intend to cause any offence. Reading back, it was a general sweeping statement. I was in the middle of several things when I typed that. I was basically referring to artists such as Beyonce, Rihanna and even several rappers who have like 4-5 song writers to one song. On many occasions it's due to sampling and so crediting the originals but I can't fathom why a song like Run The World requires so many writers. And then you have Taylor (who I don't even like as a person) who has written the majority of her earlier albums on her own. Even Mariah went from writing with one writer in her earlier albums to having a few on one song in her later albums. It's weird. 

PS Going away tomorrow for 3 weeks and I may not have the Internet as I'll be in a remote village in Asia. Have a good Christmas everybody!

• Upvote 2

Mess. I certainly didn't intend to cause any offence. Reading back, it was a general sweeping statement. I was in the middle of several things when I typed that. I was basically referring to artists such as Beyonce, Rihanna and even several rappers who have like 4-5 song writers to one song. On many occasions it's due to sampling and so crediting the originals but I can't fathom why a song like Run The World requires so many writers. And then you have Taylor (who I don't even like as a person) who has written the majority of her earlier albums on her own. Even Mariah went from writing with one writer in her earlier albums to having a few on one song in her later albums. It's weird. 

PS Going away tomorrow for 3 weeks and I may not have the Internet as I'll be in a remote village in Asia. Have a good Christmas everybody!

Don't worry about it lol. Anyway I also don't see how Beyonce is worth so much if most of her songs weren't written for her. Whitney wasn't worth as much either because she never wrote her own songs.

:umm: artist don't make money off singles. That's common sense 

She obviously makes her revenue with endorsements, sponsorships, touring, movies ( :unsure: ) and other personal financing. She also shares a wealth with her husband and father of her child, CEO/rapper, Shawn Carter 

But you already knew that 

Yes she's overrated and marketed to the extreme and she started from reading Solange's lyric book.. But she's a brand and she makes bank

Whitney didn't make that much bc she couldn't tour :coffee: 

:umm: artist don't make money off singles. That's common sense 

She obviously makes her revenue with endorsements, sponsorships, touring, movies ( :unsure: ) and other personal financing. She also shares a wealth with her husband and father of her child, CEO/rapper, Shawn Carter 

But you already knew that 

Yes she's overrated and marketed to the extreme and she started from reading Solange's lyric book.. But she's a brand and she makes bank

Whitney didn't make that much bc she couldn't tour :coffee: 

GODDDDDD YOU'RE SUCH A SHADY BITCH LOFL This shit had me ROLLIN

Her tours in the 80's & 90's were a big deal and were successful tho, nothing hurt her coinage more than the lack of songwriting credits, she had a bit of all you listed for Bey, but if she had songwriting credits on her work...ESPPPPPPPPECIALLY the BodyGuard Soundtrack it'd be different.

• Upvote 1

GODDDDDD YOU'RE SUCH A SHADY BITCH LOFL This shit had me ROLLIN

Her tours in the 80's & 90's were a big deal and were successful tho, nothing hurt her coinage more than the lack of songwriting credits, she had a bit of all you listed for Bey, but if she had songwriting credits on her work...ESPPPPPPPPECIALLY the BodyGuard Soundtrack it'd be different.

Well Whitney didn't exactly marry someone better off