Lessons Learned in 2015?

jarrylf

About yourself, your experiences, others, Janet, etc,

My biggest lesson is honestly, good things you wait for and imagine how good they will be when they happen, can sometimes be better than you imagined. I knew Janet's followup album would be good, but I wasn't expecting myself to rank as her best, as I've been saying I just wanted it to be better than the last 2! So my expectations were high but not THAT high, I don't set myself up like that with expectations....and look what happened. I knew I'd see her again in person too but I didn't expect the 1st to be at BET and the 2nd to be front fuckin ROW, my 1st front row concert. proud of that, proud it's her.

A job with a company I've wanted to work here since 1st moving to California is way better than I imagined, it's the 1st actual Job-Job I LOVE, and am hopefully going to dread having to leave it when the time comes to move up in the career I want.

I think I've taken more risky wild chances & leaps of faith & steps unconsiously out of my comfort zone than I ever have in my life, and my results are phenomenal for me.

Edited by jarrylf
  • Upvote 3

oh God, so many I dont know where to start nor end.....

1. Hoes like Hoes

2. If you dont like something in your life, change it

3. You never know how strong you are until you're tested

4. Take risks, even though Im the most calculated person you may meet, that doesnt like risk nor change...i like comfy

5. It's rare for me to find tall big guys attractive, thus making sex with them awkward and lots of work....in other words be short and not too meaty not too thin

6. there's plenty of fish in the sea, DONT settle on one half ass person when there is a whole good person out there. This lesson was a much needed one for my self esteem, it made me see that if things didn't work with one person it doesn't mean its the end of the world. Softens the blow of rejection, mismatched chemistry, and flakes in general.

Edited by Stealth
  • Upvote 1

I need to learn to be less vocal with my feelings and try to wear them off my sleeve a little, it gets me in trouble. I may have messed up a friendship because of it, which I am really regretting.  I need to love myself more and work on my self esteem issues. I need to accept that people do love me and I am worthy of having friends.

I need to learn to be less vocal with my feelings and try to wear them off my sleeve a little, it gets me in trouble. I may have messed up a friendship because of it, which I am really regretting.  I need to love myself more and work on my self esteem issues. I need to accept that people do love me and I am worthy of having friends.

I fly solo a lot too, so I can identify with what you said. People tend to forget their own worth sometimes, and that other people arent worth their time too

If someone treats you in a way that makes you feel less, you don't keep those people around. You cannot "win" a person's affections nor good will towards you by throwing your own self worth out the window. In fact I think standing your ground and speaking up when you don't like something breeds respect. I had at least two guys in 2015 that did things I didn't like, one would hang the phone up on me in the middle of me speaking, I got rid of him. The other would text me and ask "what you doing" I would respond and he wouldn't text anything back, this happen three times over several weeks, and we had not seen one another in years. Finally I decided I had enough and I promptly texted back do not continue messaging me if you don't have anything to say.

My point is in this life we all need to have a really good Bullshit detector :filenails:

1) Trolling people on FB is not okay

2) Janet is still a Goddess

3) Have patience 

4) Don't put your peen in everything (only Men apply to this lesson) 

I told you long ago FB fucking sucks, I don't spend time on FB at all....ugh I don't like it and #4, well you do learn quality over quantity

• 2 weeks later...