Survivor: 2000 (Winner Announced!)

TwistedElegance™

fvhtFvS.jpg

It's that time again. If you played and loved our '90s Survivor series I hope you'll be joining in the fun of the 2000s edition. First, allow me to apologise for the failed '80s series. :lol: It coincided with a serious workload and various personal commitments, as well as a player downturn. But if there's interest from any of you I'm considering resurrecting it in my True You thread. For now though, I'd really like to get this new Survivor up and running. The 2000s are often maligned on here because a fair size of Janet's fanbase lived through the glory of the '80s & '90s, but whilst the 2000s may lack the character and creativity of its predecessors there is no denying it produced its own set of magical moments. From the Latin explosion to the rise of the producer, the melting of genres to the chart dominance of Usher & Beyoncé, the "death" of R&B to the birth of Gaga, the 2000s left an extraordinary mark on pop culture. Let's celebrate it.

How it works: Like the '90s series, each round will consist of singles which reached the Top 5 of Billboard's Hottest 100 in their respective year. Simply cast your vote for the song you'd like eliminated. Results are announced daily. When we reach the Top 10 each remaining song will be profiled.

Rules: One vote per person. Tie-breakers will be decided by first responders. Please vote by song name rather than artist (as some will have multiple entries). Remember this is a game and everything should be in good fun.

I will also be broadening the depth of info for each year by including best albums, moments and awards etc. I really hope you enjoy it.

List of songs (in alphabetical order):

• Amazed - Lonestar
  • Back At One - Brian McKnight
  • Be With You - Enrique Iglesias
  • Bent - Matchbox Twenty
  • Breathe - Faith Hill
  • Bring It All To Me - Blaque
  • Bye Bye Bye - *NSYNC
  • Case of the Ex (Whatcha Gonna Do) - Mýa
  • Come On Over Baby (All I Want Is You) - Christina Aguilera
  • Doesn't Really Matter - Janet Jackson
  • Everything You Want - Vertical Horizon
  • Get It On Tonite - Montell Jordan
  • Give Me Just One Night (Una Noche) - 98°
  • Gotta Tell You - Samantha Mumba
  • He Loves U Not - Dream
  • He Wasn't Man Enough - Toni Braxton
  • Hot Boyz - Missy Elliott feat. Lil' Mo, Nas, Eve & Q-Tip
  • I Knew I Loved You - Savage Garden
  • I Try - Macy Gray
  • I Turn To You - Christina Aguilera
  • I Wanna Know - Joe
  • I Wanna Love You Forever - Jessica Simpson
  • Incomplete - Sisqó
  • Independent Women Part 1 - Destiny's Child
  • It Wasn't Me - Shaggy feat. RikRok
  • It's Gonna Be Me - *NSYNC
  • Jumpin' Jumpin' - Destiny's Child
  • Kryptonite - 3 Doors Down
  • Maria Maria - Santana feat. The Product G&B
  • Music - Madonna
  • Most Girls - P!nk
  • My Love Is Your Love - Whitney Houston
  • No More - Ruff Endz
  • The Real Slim Shady - Eminem
  • Say My Name - Destiny's Child
  • Smooth - Santana feat. Rob Thomas
  • Thank God I Found You - Mariah Carey feat. Joe & 98°
  • This I Promise You - *NSYNC
  • Thong Song - Sisqó
  • Try Again - Aaliyah
  • What a Girl Wants - Christina Aguilera
  • With Arms Wide Open - Creed
  • You Sang To Me - Marc Anthony

The first round will be a triple-elimination. Have fun!

My vote: You Sang To Me

Edited by TwistedElegance™
  • Upvote 1

Nowhere really, I just took a break from being so active. My social life picked up after that and I just didn't feel the drive to participate anymore. I'm slowly getting back into it.

How have you been? ^_^

So you started doing drugs and participating in anonymous sex parties. :umm: We have young members and they just need a better example Matt. -_- 

I've been good, just trying to fulfill my destiny. -_- 

• Upvote 1

Thanks Jarryl. Glad to be back. :D

I love that you came back with this to change this damn sappy mood most of the folks are in lol. This should be what the doctors ordered.....well that and a few things from Jan, but lets leave that in the messy section above the Free Xone lol.

2000 was the year this happened.

xAcWzea.jpg

Never really saw the hype tbh.

I thought I was the only 1, who didn't like she looks beautiful in it.....but she does in & out of most things, I mean come on. But I missed the Grammy's live that year but I remember someone describing it who was watching in another room, and what I imagined was SO much more badass and risque and out of the box than this, so I always felt it was a tad overrated. Like again, I find it beautiful and even unique but I don't think it needed to be a staple.

Edited by jarrylf
  • Upvote 1

I love that you came back with this to change this damn sappy mood most of the folks are in lol. This should be what the doctors ordered.....well that and a few things from Jan, but lets leave that in the messy section above the Free Xone lol.

I thought I was the only 1, who didn't like she looks beautiful in it.....but she does in & out of most things, I mean come on. But I missed the Grammy's live that year but I remember someone describing it who was watching in another room, and what I imagined was SO much more badass and risque and out of the box than this, so I always felt it was a tad overrated. Like again, I find it beautiful and even unique but I don't think it needed to be a staple.

That's one of the reasons I did it. Hoping to lift spirits around here.

Totally agree. People still talk about it even now and I'm like, huh? :lol:

And it's too bad the 80s survivor kinda fizzled out lol. TBH 1981 and 1982 were two the most boring years of that decade (the best stuff missed the top 5 iyam). Maybe it would've picked up more once we got to 1983 and later, but I'll be in True-You-land if you consider resuming.

My Top 10 albums of 2000.

abAL5F5.jpg

Stankonia's my fav :thumbup:

My Top 10 albums of 2000.

abAL5F5.jpg

50% of my list as well. I'd just replace: 

Coldplay for 
 Antony And The Johnsons - Antony And The Johnsons
Eminem for The Avalanches - Since I Left you / Death Cab For Cutie - We Have The Facts And We're Voting Yes
Craig for Bjork - Selmasongs 
Romeo for Marilyn Manson - Holy Wood (In The Shadow Of The Valley Of Death)
Stankonia (even though i love it) Common - for like water for chocolate / cat power - the covers record  

shoutout to The Cranberries Bury the Hatchet and Skunk Anansie's Post Orgasmic Chill. Both albums were released in 1999 (i had to check) but were probably slaying my soul in the 2000 cuz ive always felt like they were from that era :lol: 

And it's too bad the 80s survivor kinda fizzled out lol. TBH 1981 and 1982 were two the most boring years of that decade (the best stuff missed the top 5 iyam). Maybe it would've picked up more once we got to 1983 and later, but I'll be in True-You-land if you consider resuming.

Stankonia's my fav :thumbup:

Yeah, there were some real stinkers in the early '80s. :umm::lol:

50% of my list as well. I'd just replace: 
Coldplay for 
 Antony And The Johnsons - Antony And The Johnsons
Eminem for The Avalanches - Since I Left you / Death Cab For Cutie - We Have The Facts And We're Voting Yes
Craig for Bjork - Selmasongs 
Romeo for Marilyn Manson - Holy Wood (In The Shadow Of The Valley Of Death)
Stankonia (even though i love it) Common - for like water for chocolate / cat power - the covers record  

shoutout to The Cranberries Bury the Hatchet and Skunk Anansie's Post Orgasmic Chill. Both albums were released in 1999 (i had to check) but were probably slaying my soul in the 2000 cuz ive always felt like they were from that era :lol: 

Post Orgasmic Chill is one of my fav records of all time. Secretly still punches me down all these years later. :tear:

• Upvote 1

You Sang To Me, Give Me Just One Night and This I Promise You have been eliminated.

Remaining songs (in alphabetical order):

• Amazed - Lonestar
  • Back At One - Brian McKnight
  • Be With You - Enrique Iglesias
  • Bent - Matchbox Twenty
  • Breathe - Faith Hill
  • Bring It All To Me - Blaque
  • Bye Bye Bye - *NSYNC
  • Case of the Ex (Whatcha Gonna Do) - Mýa
  • Come On Over Baby (All I Want Is You) - Christina Aguilera
  • Doesn't Really Matter - Janet Jackson
  • Everything You Want - Vertical Horizon
  • Get It On Tonite - Montell Jordan
  • Gotta Tell You - Samantha Mumba
  • He Loves U Not - Dream
  • He Wasn't Man Enough - Toni Braxton
  • Hot Boyz - Missy Elliott feat. Lil' Mo, Nas, Eve & Q-Tip
  • I Knew I Loved You - Savage Garden
  • I Try - Macy Gray
  • I Turn To You - Christina Aguilera
  • I Wanna Know - Joe
  • I Wanna Love You Forever - Jessica Simpson
  • Incomplete - Sisqó
  • Independent Women Part 1 - Destiny's Child
  • It Wasn't Me - Shaggy feat. RikRok
  • It's Gonna Be Me - *NSYNC
  • Jumpin' Jumpin' - Destiny's Child
  • Kryptonite - 3 Doors Down
  • Maria Maria - Santana feat. The Product G&B
  • Music - Madonna
  • Most Girls - P!nk
  • My Love Is Your Love - Whitney Houston
  • No More - Ruff Endz
  • The Real Slim Shady - Eminem
  • Say My Name - Destiny's Child
  • Smooth - Santana feat. Rob Thomas
  • Thank God I Found You - Mariah Carey feat. Joe & 98°
  • Thong Song - Sisqó
  • Try Again - Aaliyah
  • What a Girl Wants - Christina Aguilera
  • With Arms Wide Open - Creed

Triple eliminations will continue until we reach our Top 20.

My vote: Everything You Want by Vertical Horizon. Can't believe it ever hit No. 1, let alone Top 5.