"Promise of You"

burnt

disagree.....heard the song and those "ohhh whew we ohhhh whoooooo's" completely ruined it for me ....glad she left it off

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Although, I understand what you mean & feel...I disagree. It feels like a more conscious vibe of The Body That Loves You...same feel, but different message.

• Upvote 1

Should have put it in the main part of the album and use the short Promise as an intro before it.  

It's on the album :umm: it's literally there if you purchased it from Target

If you bought it anywhere else aside from iTunes and Target.. Well that sucks 

He said standard version :rolleyes:. Only hardcore fans would have bought the Target version. Sucks to not be a hardcore fan though :shifty: - poor them. 

Edited by Dammn Bu
  • Upvote 2

Should have put it in the main part of the album and use the short Promise as an intro before it.  

He said standard version :rolleyes:. Only hardcore fans would have bought the Target version. Sucks to not be a hardcore fan though :shifty: - poor them. 

Target only sold the Deluxe version. Didn't some UK store carry the deluxe too? 

• Downvote 1

I love the "interlude version that's on Unbreakable though... it's a really nice transition, and given that the album has so few interludes in the first place, I think it works well.  

The other nice thing about the lack of interludes on Unbreakable is it shows off the mastery that is Janet Jackson, Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis.  The MESMERIZING transitions they create between between Broken Hearts and Night, or between Dream Maker/ Euphoria and 2 B Loved.  It's the CRAFT that has just been missing with younger artists.  In this era of low CD and tour sales, we sometimes forget that pop music used to be a TRUE ART where people paid attention to all of the details.  Unbreakable is needed reminder.  

• Upvote 7

disagree.....heard the song and those "ohhh whew we ohhhh whoooooo's" completely ruined it for me ....glad she left it off

that part made me think of some harmonies that Bruno Mars would write.....and I like that :)

• Upvote 1