15 Women who could be in the R&R Hall of Fame

Bailey

Nice article. Gotta love Stevie. I'm actually  feeling  optimistic  about  her odds this year... Question  is,  would she show up?

some acts get nominated over and over and never get in....Im talking like 10 times ....this year Tupac will be eligible and he's sooo in

some acts get nominated over and over and never get in....Im talking like 10 times ....this year Tupac will be eligible and he's sooo in

Not convinced onTupac. Hes deserving though. Doubt hell be nominated this year. When he is, it's a done deal.

Janet's just had a #1album, they should respect her longevity & staying power.

• Upvote 2

Not convinced onTupac. Hes deserving though. Doubt hell be nominated this year. When he is, it's a done deal.

Janet's just had a #1album, they should respect her longevity & staying power.

I think because Janet's brand was built on an "image" of videos and appearances, the lack of those hurts her getting in by merit alone...she needed to make a case if she wanted to bother

Edited by Stealth

Nice article. Gotta love Stevie. I'm actually  feeling  optimistic  about  her odds this year... Question  is,  would she show up?

Good question.  I thought that was why they did not choose her over NWA this year.  They know NWA would show up and perform. They need the ratings for when it airs on HBO. Its a shame because they only had two albums out and had zero longevity even though they were very influential.  I think both Janet and 2pac will be on the on the ballot next year.  His biopic will be out then so I think he gets in the same way NWA did with their biopic.  The RRHOF is a joke I cant believe all those women on that list are not in yet.  

Edited by DasSad
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

for.... :unsure: 

You cant be serious.  :mellow: for Influence.  NWA got in for influence. They did not write their music either if that is where you are going.  Ice Cube and D.O.C. wrote majority of the lyrics.  Whitney inspired all these girls to pick up a mic and sing big.  Just look at the national anthem.  No one gave a damn about who was going to sing the anthem at sporting events until Whitney did her rendition.  Now people anticipate who its going to be and they all try to top her and fail miserably.  If donna Summer, Gladys Knight and Mahalia Jackson can get in than so can Whitney 

• Upvote 3

You cant be serious.  :mellow: for Influence.  NWA got in for influence. They did not write their music either if that is where you are going.  Ice Cube and D.O.C. wrote majority of the lyrics.  Whitney inspired all these girls to pick up a mic and sing big.  Just look at the national anthem.  No one gave a damn about who was going to sing the anthem at sporting events until Whitney did her rendition.  Now people anticipate who its going to be and they all try to top her and fail miserably.  If donna Summer, Gladys Knight and Mahalia Jackson can get in than so can Whitney 

Norman's response will be.. 

She was a puppet and was not a writer. 

Just agree to disagree , it will be so much easier 

Edited by janetDAYZ
  • Upvote 2

thats the problem he is serious :sigh:

• Upvote 1

Wow! She should be a national hero for bringing back the national anthem :yawn: 

She opened the doors for Ciara, Beyonce, Lady Gaga, Kelly Rowland and every other female artist who sung the national anthem. Wow! The influence is real :yawn: 

What else has she done than single-handedly slayed the national anthem? Oh nothing else. 

With all due respect, She snorted her legacy up her nose. 

I think Whitney should be in too! But her chances aren't great. Janet and Mariah will both probably get in before her. I was shocked to also learn that neither Cher nor Barbara S. are in. It's any wonder that they even nominated Janet. I would have loved to see Janet inducted this year. If she gets in next year....I wonder if she would go.

• Upvote 1

I think Whitney should be in too! But her chances aren't great. Janet and Mariah will both probably get in before her. I was shocked to also learn that neither Cher nor Barbara S. are in. It's any wonder that they even nominated Janet. I would have loved to see Janet inducted this year. If she gets in next year....I wonder if she would go.

Janet got nominated because of her fans online campaign thru social media demanding she be inducted

• Upvote 3