Prince Vs. Michael

Bailey

Although I think its too early to try it, the local radio station did a battle of the legends, and put MJ up against Prince, and had callers call in and comment weigh in with their thoughts. Questions ranged from who had the better perm, to who dressed better. Most catergories Prince won overwhelmingly, but at the end of the vote tally, MJ won the show down overall by a narrow lead. Folks respect both artists but people aren't prepared to say Prince was bigger than MJ because he wasn't ^_^

Although I think its too early to try it, the local radio station did a battle of the legends, and put MJ up against Prince, and had callers call in and comment weigh in with their thoughts. Questions ranged from who had the better perm, to who dressed better. Most catergories Prince won overwhelmingly, but at the end of the vote tally, MJ won the show down overall by a narrow lead. Folks respect both artists but people aren't prepared to say Prince was bigger than MJ because he wasn't ^_^

Well duh, like....who on earth.doesnt know that 

While I don't really like comparisons because they each had different strengths, I've always preferred MJ personally. They're both my two favorite male artists though.

they played their music back to back song to song, Im like they need to quit it,......they tried it on who had the best perm though :lmao:

It's too hard for me, nostalgia and based off of the body of work MJ, but talent wise and artistry wise and image wise it's Prince. Prince made it hard though because with SO many albums, of the 38, roughly about 20 I can name off the top of my head, of that 20 around 10-15 I actually REALLY love, thus there's more filler there than with MJ unless you include the J5 Legacy (which I don't, MJ's solo is enough). And though I've loved Prince for many years, I grew up on MJ, and Prince has never been my #1 (MJ & Whitney have)............I hate this comparison though, tooo damn different, both speak to a different side to me. But I think what makes artists like Janet & Bruno artists I fall hard for is they have the makings of both of them and in Janet's case I feel like it's made better music than both.

• Upvote 2

It's too hard for me, nostalgia and based off of the body of work MJ, but talent wise and artistry wise and image wise it's Prince. Prince made it hard though because with SO many albums, of the 38, roughly about 20 I can name off the top of my head, of that 20 around 10-15 I actually REALLY love, thus there's more filler there than with MJ unless you include the J5 Legacy (which I don't, MJ's solo is enough). And though I've loved Prince for many years, I grew up on MJ, and Prince has never been my #1 (MJ & Whitney have)............I hate this comparison though, tooo damn different, both speak to a different side to me. But I think what makes artists like Janet & Bruno artists I fall hard for is they have the makings of both of them and in Janet's case I feel like it's made better music than both.

well said....I admit I like the funk Prince brought, and Janet certainly was inspired to do the same, give me that funk anyday