Now Trending: Janet Jackson's Health

My thing is if proof is what makes it solid for you, what makes you seek proof? Proof tends to come after faith or belief. Including so called scientific proof it's a belief that makes them pursue the proof. Also, all these explanations...in my opinion are only the after effect of a process. What created atoms? What makes the universe work the way it does? To me with all the infinite possibilities of things...so much could be in so many different ways, there has to be more to the story. God is an ambiguous word. So most ppl argue the word without understanding the concept. Most ppl are just hung up on the word, & so they discredit it & don't try to pursue anything deeper. Also, to me it's not the arrogance of believing that makes purpose real...it's the humility of knowing I could have been anywhere in the world but I happen to meet this person & experience this particular thing, & get this answer I have been wondering. All these dots connect in such an intricate world & way.  

Scientist "prove" something then find out their wrong, but yet ppl still believe in them. Science has also proclaimed to prove things based on their pursuit of a certain type of society. They are also theoretical ppl. It just brings me back to intuition, or people who experience dreams that come true...all of that is much deeper than an easy scientific explanation. 

Proof simply answers our questions, and provides us with theories based on those proofs. We have tried to find proof of this intelligent designer. I'm willing to change my stance, or ACCEPT it if we have concrete proof. Otherwise, it's just feel good, self righteous, baloney. People also use religion to justify something that may socially be deemed fucked up. The bible was used against freeing slaves and inter-racial marriage, and today, it is still used to marginalize homosexuals.

• Upvote 1

My thing is if proof is what makes it solid for you, what makes you seek proof? Proof tends to come after faith or belief. Including so called scientific proof it's a belief that makes them pursue the proof. Also, all these explanations...in my opinion are only the after effect of a process. What created atoms? What makes the universe work the way it does? To me with all the infinite possibilities of things...so much could be in so many different ways, there has to be more to the story. God is an ambiguous word. So most ppl argue the word without understanding the concept. Most ppl are just hung up on the word, & so they discredit it & don't try to pursue anything deeper. Also, to me it's not the arrogance of believing that makes purpose real...it's the humility of knowing I could have been anywhere in the world but I happen to meet this person & experience this particular thing, & get this answer I have been wondering. All these dots connect in such an intricate world & way.  

Scientist "prove" something then find out their wrong, but yet ppl still believe in them. Science has also proclaimed to prove things based on their pursuit of a certain type of society. They are also theoretical ppl. It just brings me back to intuition, or people who experience dreams that come true...all of that is much deeper than an easy scientific explanation. 

Yes, that's why I tell believers to define God. Since is such an ambiguous word, and it dosen't answer anything. Then I ask "which God?" Depending on their beliefs, some say they believe in the god of the bible, others say, they are spiritual and the bible was written by man, others take the bible literally (but they ignore what's inconvenient for them), others say they don't take it literally. I say, it's all horseshit, and I'm only interested in what matters to me, hope to contribute to society, and that my offspring do as well. There is no benefit from believing in some divine spirit, in which we just believe in.

• Upvote 1

Also we TRUST scientists, it has nothing to do with beliefs. When scientists discover they are wrong, they admit it, and they change their focus, and atrempt to make more discoveries. Beliefs are irrelevant.

Edited by Jodienda76
  • Upvote 1

so how then do we determine what we consider is right and wrong? we are still trying to figure this one out at many levels, my point being most of what religion entails is a sense of morality ...7 billion people and some of us simply exist and dont matter at all :(

We're animals. We have similar behaviors of numerous of mammals. We made rules and laws. Yes I realize many laws are based off religion doctrines, but they're still made and sometimes broken  

Once you get over the fact that you are literally a particle on a rock hurling through a blank and infinite space, you'LL be fine 

its not that magical? I mean some of us would die for love, the feeling of it the expression of it, the desire to feel worthy of it....I can't dismiss love

Emotions are powerful tools but it still derives within your powerful brain

now you gotta stop, you went there, I thought about it, but you went there, let me just say from what I have seen in this life, if there is a thing called reincarnation, please let me come back a wealthy white man, they seem to be pretty content.

I don't think we can pick and choose.. it's a random lottery perhaps. Idk. I don't have a strong opinion on it. It's just an afterthought 

here's one that's worth talking about....Ive been told many times by different people.. "life is what you make it"   and I dont know if thats self serving to think it and thus places responsibility on us and not the circumstances in life we have no control over.

Like the surgical reps that aid our surgeons at work, they are all white men, and they make 60k and up a year, those companies that hire them require a bachelors degree and sales experience, sometimes no sales experience. I have seen so many of them young as fuck get great jobs with zero experience, they just knew people. I haven't broken down that door yet, and Im not sure I want to because if they all white, chances are I wont be welcome

You're racing baiting :umm: 

Sometimes it's "who you know, not what you know".. And there's not much wrong with that unless it's done with malice intentions

Edited by Game

We're animals. We have similar behaviors of numerous of mammals. We made rules and laws. Yes I realize many laws are based off religion doctrines, but they're still made and sometimes broken  

Once you get over the fact that you are literally a particle on a rock hurling through a blank and infinite space, you'LL be fine 

Emotions are powerful tools but it still derives within your powerful brain

I don't think we can pick and choose.. it's a random lottery perhaps. Idk. I don't have a strong opinion on it. It's just an afterthought 

You're racing baiting :umm: 

Sometimes it's "who you know, not what you know".. And there's not much wrong with that unless it's done with malice intentions

I would be fine with it if it were not so obviously a white man's club shamelessly

What is intuition? Do you believe it exist?

I know that there is instinct, and there is coincidence. Sometimes we tend to focus on coincidences and confuse them for intuition. I also accept thst there are thing which we cannot explain, and maybe, we never will. The fact that we are still learning, and searching is part of the thrill.

• Upvote 1

I know that there is instinct, and there is coincidence. Sometimes we tend to focus on coincidences and confuse them for intuition. I also accept thst there are thing which we cannot explain, and maybe, we never will. The fact that we are still learning, and searching is part of the thrill.

Ok so you do understand there is much that can't be understood or fully explained. I'm not talking coincidence. I think it's disheartening to call something a coincidence when it is so specifically in line, or when you have dreamed...envisioned, felt it in your intuition. That discredits your ability to be metaphysically connected. Nonetheless, you saying you understand somethings can't be explained is enough. 

Ok so you do understand there is much that can't be understood or fully explained. I'm not talking coincidence. I think it's disheartening to call something a coincidence when it is so specifically in line, or when you have dreamed...envisioned, felt it in your intuition. That discredits your ability to be metaphysically connected. Nonetheless, you saying you understand somethings can't be explained is enough. 

Some things cannot be explained but that's not proof, beyond a doubt, that a higher power exists 

proof is fine nothing wrong with that but I also understand the world is so intricate, needing proof can be limited to experience. Like I said, intuition needs no immediate proof...it just is. People who have dreams that come true, or envision something that later happens. Those kinda things are far beyond proof they're experiences. Deja Vu. Like I keep saying, proof is found after a question which still means whatever the question is came after the establishment of the "thing" you ask because you notice, you notice because it was already established. I'm more so wondering where did the ORIGINAL establishment come from. Something is greater than we all can conceive. 

To me it's human arrogance to believe you can prove & explain it all. When you're just a minor piece in the entire equation itself. You exist because of "it". "It" does not exist because of you. No man on a throne just creation as a whole. 

that's my point exactly.....all that exists and all the matter and energy in the entire known universe came from somewhere, science says oh there was a big bang and then yea....um what was before the big bang? what made the big bang happen?

that's my point exactly.....all that exists and all the matter and energy in the entire known universe came from somewhere, science says oh there was a big bang and then yea....um what was before the big bang? what made the big bang happen?

The Big Bang Theory is just a theory and scientists are still undergoing investigations. It's a theory with plausible events with tons of research to back it

In comparison... on one side you have a great scientific theory and on the other, you have a heavy influencial faith based mostly by an individual's environment and experience

The Big Bang Theory is just a theory and scientists are still undergoing investigations. It's a theory with plausible events with tons of research to back it

In comparison... on one side you have a great scientific theory and on the other, you have a heavy influencial faith based mostly by an individual's environment and experience

that only leaves me with more questions and shit :unsure:   damn :lol:

in the meantime...MTO is showing 'proof' that janet is faking her pregnancy by posting a picture from last year that they are saying was taken yesterday of a supposedly 8 month pregnant janet.SMH

lol! I just saw that dumb mess. Not to mention the typos made in that post. I saw this morning that both E online and Us magazine published that same bed rest story. One little lie becomes something that everybody post over and over again.

• Upvote 1

In order for me to BELIEVE that it's nothing more than pure coincidence I require proof. Not that I don't find it fascinating, but as Game said. Not having proof that God dosen'texist is equivalent to not having proof the toothfairy exists. That's just my personal take on things.

Edited by Jodienda76

In order for me to BELIEVE that it's nothing more than pure coincidence I require proof. Not that I don't find it fascinating, but as Game said. Not having proof that God dosen'texist is equivalent to not having proof the toothfairy exists. That's just my personal take on things.

Did you know there are certain "cancers" that doctors will treat even if they don't have solid proof it exist? For example, it can look like cancer but when you biopsy it - it returns not cancerous, but because it so strongly LOOKS like cancer & because it fits the "standard" of similar cancers they will treat it as cancer despite having physical conclusive results saying its cancer. Not considering that the individual could have something completely opposite of anything they've ever encountered, then medical mystery happens & there's no way to explain their opinions or studying. This is not a scenario drawn up from nowhere this is my direct & very recent experience.

I use this example to say this, even with the most advanced science humans are doing their CONCEIVABLE best to explain what is put in front of them. The thing about it is, it is put in front of them so they in REACTION work backwards to explain what has already been done. Then they draw & act off their best conclusion. Proof does not always determine the intricacy of how or where? IMO, needing proof to believe is like limited power. It robs you & the world of being able to show you something unbelievable. Of the billions of people on the earth every experience & interaction cannot be proven, or fit under a definitive mold of a groups explanation. Some things can and some things can't. Lastly, when it comes to measurement...humans cannot measure infinite - which means in all logic their measurement is limited. There will always be an "X" variable the "hidden" number - or like in scientific equations, the presumed figure. All of which - is blank space for faith. 

Did you know there are certain "cancers" that doctors will treat even if they don't have solid proof it exist? For example, it can look like cancer but when you biopsy it - it returns not cancerous, but because it so strongly LOOKS like cancer & because it fits the "standard" of similar cancers they will treat it as cancer despite having physical conclusive results saying its cancer. Not considering that the individual could have something completely opposite of anything they've ever encountered, then medical mystery happens & there's no way to explain their opinions or studying. This is not a scenario drawn up from nowhere this is my direct & very recent experience.

I use this example to say this, even with the most advanced science humans are doing their CONCEIVABLE best to explain what is put in front of them. The thing about it is, it is put in front of them so they in REACTION work backwards to explain what has already been done. Then they draw & act off their best conclusion. Proof does not always determine the intricacy of how or where? IMO, needing proof to believe is like limited power. It robs you & the world of being able to show you something unbelievable. Of the billions of people on the earth every experience & interaction cannot be proven, or fit under a definitive mold of a groups explanation. Some things can and some things can't. Lastly, when it comes to measurement...humans cannot measure infinite - which means in all logic their measurement is limited. There will always be an "X" variable the "hidden" number - or like in scientific equations, the presumed figure. All of which - is blank space for faith. 

That is still done based on research, and evidence based facts.

• Upvote 1

in the meantime...MTO is showing 'proof' that janet is faking her pregnancy by posting a picture from last year that they are saying was taken yesterday of a supposedly 8 month pregnant janet.SMH

The type of people who read and/or believe MTO are the same types of people we need to pray for

He's referring to "miracles" and the unknown. 

There are a lot of unexplained events that this whirling Rock possesses such as, a tree missing your car by a foot when it was struck by lightening and fell. That's not an act of God. That was pure coincidence. 

Another example, Someone not having cancer despite having a weird mole is not an act of God. Or someone catching a new disease.. or floods and other natural events. 

I mean how many times have Extremists blamed the acts of homosexuality on natural events?

Moral of the story: We're a bunch of particles of dust on a giant rock, whirling through space and filling time with strange ideologies and hobbies

• Upvote 1

It's practiced ideology based on series of interpreted events, and then a person comes along and disproves said events as facts because they show an exception to the rule. If you can see that for religion you have to be able to see that for science & be equally as doubtful if that is the case. Research applying to a masses at any rate, is always able to be seen as skewed. Whether a person believes or does not believe I find it interesting that people so definitively say it is NOT true & discredits people's actual experiences & occurances. There is definitely a such thing as groupthink whether for science, political, government, religion, corporations whatever the group is...but a person that can tell stories that does not benefit them to lie about expressing phenomenon that is unexplainable & tells of the majestic nature of a living world & universe is not easily written off to me with a "do you have proof"? None of us have proof for every experience whether in the boundaries of "normally acceptable" or not, so it's odd that when something happens beyond our conceivable nature we feel it must be fake. Yet our nature in itself is limited by its design. 

That burden of proof is a hurdle to get over.

Kinda hard to believe and prove a demigod being born of a virgin human. That's literally impossible but somehow people believe it. That story literally is taken from older folktales but people still believe. He was born on 12/25 yet that's not possible based off science (the stars) and people still believe it. And since this story is basically the concrete holding up your religion's reputation, you have a very weak case but a BIG imagination. And that's the key word: Imagination. A thought process that's out of this world.

The sooner you realize religion is a manmade ideology with a unlimited imagination, the better.