Until the Black Diamond Project rolls out...................................

jinthahouse

What would you say is her better recent show? State Of The World Tour(Leg 2)(SOTW2) Or Metamorphosis.

They both run for about 100 mins(1 hr and 40 mins) although Metamorphosis very slightly longer and they both show the variety of performance art capabilities that Janet has both mastered and work to her strength. Doing an intimate show and a full scale production.

They both showcase how giving and how much of a listening ear she has for her fans when it comes to our request of keeping or updating old choreography and even deep cuts no other pop legends her stature would dare do which gives her a reputation of a very Prince mastermind- like insight on how she creates the set list alongside her team and directors.

We base these shows off on:-

Setlist/Song Selection:

Choreography:

Memorable Intro:

Legacy:

Dancers:

Costumes/Outfits:

Promotion:

Tour Video Media Interludes:

27 minutes ago, jinthahouse said:

What would you say is her better recent show? State Of The World Tour(Leg 2)(SOTW2) Or Metamorphosis.

They both run for about 100 mins(1 hr and 40 mins) although Metamorphosis very slightly longer and they both show the variety of performance art capabilities that Janet has both mastered and work to her strength. Doing an intimate show and a full scale production.

They both showcase how giving and how much of a listening ear she has for her fans when it comes to our request of keeping or updating old choreography and even deep cuts no other pop legends her stature would dare do which gives her a reputation of a very Prince mastermind- like insight on how she creates the set list alongside her team and directors.

Setlist/Song Selection:

Choreography:

Memorable Intro:

Legacy:

Dancers:

Costumes/Outfits:

Promotion:

BTW Just for reference look at these costumes for SOTW2 and Metamophosis

SOTW2

image.jpeg.b9dad6787f65f3d73de66fb82f77b97d.jpegimage.jpeg.cd24465922f141619df65c9f35e92116.jpegimage.jpeg.9cb08b71894e12a49fd674fa51531246.jpeg

Metamorphosis

image.jpeg.f6c6fbdd0d469e0bd3069eecc2eba431.jpegimage.jpeg.0ac61abdbbec096601f8faab181405bd.jpegTim Wilson (@Timwilson702) | TwitterJanet Jackson Announces 'Rhythm Nation' Anniversary Tour - Rated R&BMETAMORPHOSIS: everything about Janet's opening night in Las VegasTo Janet Jackson, Minneapolis will always be her 'home away from home' |  Star Tribune

On 1/27/2021 at 9:15 PM, jinthahouse said:

Setlist/Song Selection: Metamorphosis

Choreography: SOTW - much more and harder.

Memorable Intro: Metamorphosis (Empty!!!!!!) even though I would have loved a full flashing lights performance.

Costumes/Outfits: Metamorphosis, I think. Seemed more colourful. Wasn't really a fan of the football jersey get up. SOTW1 did it better IMO

I'm in the UK so don't get to see her perform.  I can only answer some based on YT clips.

Memorable Intro: Metamorphosis (Empty!!!!!!) even though I would have loved a full flashing lights performance.

Costumes/Outfits: Metamorphosis, I think. Seemed more colourful. Wasn't really a fan of the football jersey get up. SOTW1 did it better IMO

I give Jan a ton of credit for Metamorphosis being as creative as it was, and the fact that we finally got "Empty" on a setlist still blows my mind.  That said, SOTW was the better tour overall imo.  She felt more present and energized than she had in a long time.  I don't think she brought it at quite the same level for Metamorphosis.

Also as creative as they were, most of the costumes for Metamorphosis were not great.

• Upvote 1

On 1/29/2021 at 8:13 AM, vibeology said:

I'm in the UK so don't get to see her perform.  I can only answer some based on YT clips.

Same I'm in the Caribbean so she has never come here. Youtube is the only way I know saw these shows.

Choreography: SOTW overall although I Get Lonely, China Love breakdown and the new breakdown for The Knowledge on Metamorphosis overpowered SOTW at times.

Memorable Intro: The Knowledge(she didnt perform it up to SOTW for 27 years)

Legacy: SOTW, her presence was overpowering when she first hit the stage after being pregnant on the Lafyette Louisanna date.

Dancers: I rather the SOTW 

Costumes/Outfits: SOTW although the number of changes in Metamorphosis is it takes her 4-7 mins for a full head to toe change and

Promotion: SOTW2 was basically Promotnet Jackson for Made For Now 

Tour Video Media Interludes: Metamorphosis BY LIGHT YEARS. She finally gave us the best visuals since Rockwitu Tour

• Upvote 1

On 2/1/2021 at 5:42 AM, jinthahouse said:

Same I'm in the Caribbean so she has never come here. Youtube is the only way I know saw these shows.

Choreography: SOTW overall although I Get Lonely, China Love breakdown and the new breakdown for The Knowledge on Metamorphosis overpowered SOTW at times.

Memorable Intro: The Knowledge(she didnt perform it up to SOTW for 27 years)

Legacy: SOTW, her presence was overpowering when she first hit the stage after being pregnant on the Lafyette Louisanna date.

Dancers: I rather the SOTW 

Costumes/Outfits: SOTW although the number of changes in Metamorphosis is it takes her 4-7 mins for a full head to toe change and

Promotion: SOTW2 was basically Promotnet Jackson for Made For Now 

Tour Video Media Interludes: Metamorphosis BY LIGHT YEARS. She finally gave us the best visuals since Rockwitu Tour

Yep they honestly nearly killed it for me too