I've come back from Singapore a changed person

Greg/Dean

ahhhhh :wub: was this your first blessing :unsure:

yes happy.gif

She is absolutely b e a u t i f u l. And I can report that she is living in the moment. You just know when you see her that she is now in control, I mean for real yep.gifsleep.gif.

Some people might be put off by the lack of spectical that was the show, but in exchange, you got her. And I dare someone to say to me that she doesn't singflipoff.gif

It must've been one amazing show, Dean. :blush:

I think it was more the personal experience than the show. Of course, everyone can see that the staging is scaled back. And of course there was no new material except "Make Me". And I've never seen her perform live before, so I can only compare this show to videos. But what was clear to me is that there is so much more to come. The fact that she can tour on the strength of number 1's is in itself, no small feat. But she is definately putting the world on notice that those new chicks out there still got some cathing up to do. sleep.gif

yes happy.gif

She is absolutely b e a u t i f u l. And I can report that she is living in the moment. You just know when you see her that she is now in control, I mean for real yep.gifsleep.gif.

Some people might be put off by the lack of spectical that was the show, but in exchange, you got her. And I dare someone to say to me that she doesn't singflipoff.gif

i know she was. I have seen her once before attempted to see her last tour and me and hotboy were driving to the venue and she cancelled :cry: hopefulle we will see her in ATL in March. Personally, i'm ready for janet to just take her show to vegas :coffee: she deserves to make some easy money

i know she was. I have seen her once before attempted to see her last tour and me and hotboy were driving to the venue and she cancelled :cry: hopefulle we will see her in ATL in March. Personally, i'm ready for janet to just take her show to vegas :coffee: she deserves to make some easy money

I had one uncomfartble moment in the show sleep.gif. OK, so after a set they all left the stage and they started rolling video on the large screens. It was kind of a retrospective of her acting career. Well it started out with Penny, undestandably, blink.gif But they were shoiwing the episode when JJ was bringing Penny home to her mom (Chip Fields) and meeting her mom for the first time and she was telling JJ how Penny makes up stories etc. And then JJ leaves and Chip turns to Janet and says something to the effect of, you know what happens to little girls who tell lies.

Well suddenly it occured to me how real this episode of Good Times was, and how, for most of the people in the audience, this might be their one and only, or definately most recent insight into black american culture. I wondered if they would be able to put it in perspective or would they leave thinking that all black folk in America iron they kids.

But I understand now that what they were trying to do was highlight Janet's acting abilities, because she famously cried on cue "momma please don't". Then they moved on to Charlene and Willis dating on "Differnt Strokes", Fame, Poetic Justice, WDIGM 1 and 2 and finally, that was the lead in for her to sing "Nothing", which she did of course and it made everything alrightunsure.gif I think.

That ass better have some pics. :coffee:

fail.gifcry.gif I took a camera but it was too big to hide and I had to stow in a locker. But it's etched in my brain and besides, it already well documented and I'm sure there will be more photo popping up cause there "sholl was" a lot of flashes popping in there.hmph.gif

me 2

:yep:^_^:good::dance::thumbup:

I had one uncomfartble moment in the show sleep.gif. OK, so after a set they all left the stage and they started rolling video on the large screens. It was kind of a retrospective of her acting career. Well it started out with Penny, undestandably, blink.gif But they were shoiwing the episode when JJ was bringing Penny home to her mom (Chip Fields) and meeting her mom for the first time and she was telling JJ how Penny makes up stories etc. And then JJ leaves and Chip turns to Janet and says something to the effect of, you know what happens to little girls who tell lies.

Well suddenly it occured to me how real this episode of Good Times was, and how, for most of the people in the audience, this might be their one and only, or definately most recent insight into black american culture. I wondered if they would be able to put it in perspective or would they leave thinking that all black folk in America iron they kids.

But I understand now that what they were trying to do was highlight Janet's acting abilities, because she famously cried on cue "momma please don't". Then they moved on to Charlene and Willis dating on "Differnt Strokes", Fame, Poetic Justice, WDIGM 1 and 2 and finally, that was the lead in for her to sing "Nothing", which she did of course and it made everything alrightunsure.gif I think.

well u live there what do u think? the younger kids should know better :filenails:

fail.gifcry.gif I took a camera but it was too big to hide and I had to stow in a locker. But it's etched in my brain and besides, it already well documented and I'm sure there will be more photo popping up cause there "sholl was" a lot of flashes popping in there.hmph.gif

They took your camera until the show ended :umm:

They took your camera until the show ended :umm:

Yep. They had two stages of security. One for tickets and the next to check bags. And there inside my bags was my big old camera :rolleyes:. Security was like " Sir you are going to have to secure this in one of those lockers over there" :sigh:

Yep. They had two stages of security. One for tickets and the next to check bags. And there inside my bags was my big old camera :rolleyes:. Security was like " Sir you are going to have to secure this in one of those lockers over there" :sigh:

they usualy dont mind small cams

I hope they don't tell me to put away my camera, cause I'll go hide it in my bra and tell them it's just my nipple ring

Archived