Gil says Janet is singing Live

Twistedvelvet

didnt someone post that they saw her and her veins were popping out her neck during this segment of the show and they said she was singing live :unsure: i believe she sings with a track on the fast song but the slow one i dont think so. she just very robotic she doesnt change anything

they were reviews talking about her ballads and her singing...so either she's singing live on the ballads or she has a great many people very fooled....the funny things is that I saw someone talking about Janet lipping and then talking about MJ singing....what??? MJ (love him and RIP the king) took the vocals right off his damn cd lol...she at least Janet give you "live" vocals lol

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

chile if she's lipping the ballads, trust that shit ain't just started with this tour lol

If was evident at the rock witchu show. We could hear it on the speakers in the Verizon Center in DC. Don't know when this started, but I hope it will end.

If was evident at the rock witchu show. We could hear it on the speakers in the Verizon Center in DC. Don't know when this started, but I hope it will end.

if she's lipping, don't hold your breath....it's a catch 22 with Janet...I think people need to learn and understand just who they are going to see in concert...if you feel cheated that Janet Jackson lip syncs, maybe that is not the concert for you...every time a tour comes around we have the same conversation lol

It's not a case of feeling cheated. I would go and see Janet do a lecture of data anaylsis I love her that much.

What I wonder is, why as a performer would you not want to sing live on just ballads. She has done it live before, VR and A4U Tour.

The only other person that notoriously does that is Britney, and look what happened in aus, she got bad press for fans walking out. Live singing when standing still is something you should expect from any singer. It's ridiculous to expect to not care going to a concert where you watch someone stand and mime.

And if Janet was serious about it as an 'artist' she wouldn't risk doing such a thing.

I just hope Gil takes this to Janet, or Janet sees this and considers it, cause I don't think its gonna go away.

It's not a case of feeling cheated. I would go and see Janet do a lecture of data anaylsis I love her that much.

What I wonder is, why as a performer would you not want to sing live on just ballads. She has done it live before, VR and A4U Tour.

The only other person that notoriously does that is Britney, and look what happened in aus, she got bad press for fans walking out. Live singing when standing still is something you should expect from any singer. It's ridiculous to expect to not care going to a concert where you watch someone stand and mime.

And if Janet was serious about it as an 'artist' she wouldn't risk doing such a thing.

I just hope Gil takes this to Janet, or Janet sees this and considers it, cause I don't think its gonna go away.

Maybe it is something medical. Like what Julie Andrews has. Either that or it is just a confidence and security thing

if she's lipping, don't hold your breath....it's a catch 22 with Janet...I think people need to learn and understand just who they are going to see in concert...if you feel cheated that Janet Jackson lip syncs, maybe that is not the concert for you...every time a tour comes around we have the same conversation lol

I don't feel cheated because I have heard her do a full live show during RN. I just wish she would sing live during the slow songs because she sounds good doing it. Those days are over though. I think with pop music in general that is how it goes now.

Janet is not a singer on tour...Mariah Carey is a singer, Whitney Houston is a singer, Alicia Keys is a singer...nobody is going to walk out on Janet's show like they did Britney...have you seen Britney perform??? Janet is doing what perfectionist performers do while on tour, cover her ass...and if you think Britney is the only other person who does this, you haven't seen enough concerts...Britney got flack cuz she's less than a shell of her old self and she has become ridiculously sloppy...being serious as an artist has nothing to do with lip syncing on tour...she's not risking anything by lip syncing because majority of the people who sees her on tour don't care or are fooled...the people writing her concert reviews obviously don't care enough to bring it up...until she gets sloppy with her performing (like Britney), she can keep doing exactly what she is doing...again, nobody is changing anything due to the underwhelming minority of people not liking it, especially if they are receiving great press for what they are doing...she can sing all her ballads live tomorrow night and the vote on whether or not she's singing live will still be split, and her reviews will be no different than they already are

Janet is not a singer on tour

But how can you think miming whilst sitting/standing is even right?

How can you excuse that.

I get that she dances alot, but this is why I only am focusing on the ballad section, where she is standing.

ALso, I don't agree that it would have no affect, cause if she made it different, even something small like missing a word!! Yull would know its live and media/doubters/haters would not be able to dispute it. It's good PR. I don't know why people can't see this. I didn't study marketing/PR/Consumer buying behaviour to not know the outcomes of these moves.

How can you excuse that.

I get that she dances alot, but this is why I only am focusing on the ballad section, where she is standing.

I don't think it's right or wrong, it flat out doesn't bother me...i'm there for the show and my show is not affected by whether or not she's singing live...if you show is affected, that is your prerogative and you are well within your rights to be affected...her singing her ballads live does not affect my enjoyment in the least bit...i've seen her sing them live and i've seen her lip them...I was unaffected either way it went

How can you excuse that.

ALso, I don't agree that it would have no affect, cause if she made it different, even something small like missing a word!! Yull would know its live and media/doubters/haters would not be able to dispute it. It's good PR. I don't know why people can't see this. I didn't study marketing/PR/Consumer buying behaviour to not know the outcomes of these moves.

what PR??? haters??? as in who? people banging on their keyboards on twitter and facebook??? she's not receiving bad PR so there is no need for her to do damage control as far as the media goes

and the pipe dream that Janet will go about changing vocal patterns every night can be let go...that will never happen...matter of fact it's not realistic whether she's singing live or lipping...when you sing live you can't just change your pacing and your tempo in any way you like, just like when you are singing with a backing track you can't sing higher or lower cuz you will be off key and your musical director will probably shoot you in your ass when the show is over...Janet is the definition of "creature of habit"...from interviews to performances....i'm actually shocked people are disappointed by this in 2011

How can you excuse that.

Well to be honest the media is going to bash her regardless if she sings live or not. It is disgusting. She could find a cure for aids and u have people like Russ Par here in DC who would still talk shit about her. So far his prediction a few years back of Ciara taking her throne has been a :fail:

Well to be honest the media is going to bash her regardless if she sings live or not. It is disgusting. She could find a cure for aids and u have people like Russ Par here in DC who would still talk shit about her. So far his prediction a few years back of Ciara taking her throne has been a :fail:

chile say what now???? not Mrs. 35k sold in the first week.........

^All of that 'I have to restrict myself because' is not true to me. There is nothing that stops a singer playing around with the song vocally.

Anyway, Im not asking for complete melodic changes, I'm simply suggesting she find ways to make it not so mechanical.

That maybe the Janet we know, but atleast the Janet we know used to do it live. It's just really daft now.

I don't have a problem with it, but others do, and I can't be bothered lying to them thats she live, or otherwise making them think she's crap for miming on a bloomin ballad. It's just embarrasing sorry. Don't care who you are. Even Michael Jackson couldn't get away with it during the History tour. A lot of his fans were disappointed by that.

My personal opinion: I think it'd be nice if she sang the ballads live, but the fact that she doesn't doesn't affect my opinion of her or my desire to go to her show at all. She does good pre-records, though, that generally have much of the audience fooled into thinking she's live - it's often only those of us who spend time going through endless youtube videos who really notice the miming.

So, to me . . . no big deal really. And I don't think the general public notices/cares.

^All of that 'I have to restrict myself because' is not true to me. There is nothing that stops a singer playing around with the song vocally.

Anyway, Im not asking for complete melodic changes, I'm simply suggesting she find ways to make it not so mechanical.

That maybe the Janet we know, but atleast the Janet we know used to do it live. It's just really daft now.

I don't have a problem with it, but others do, and I can't be bothered lying to them thats she live, or otherwise making them think she's crap for miming on a bloomin ballad. It's just embarrasing sorry. Don't care who you are. Even Michael Jackson couldn't get away with it during the History tour. A lot of his fans were disappointed by that.

there sure as hell is, especially when on a tour

and why do you feel the need to "lie" about it in the first place? let people have their opinion and beleive whatever it is they want to beleive...now if you are embarrassed by it that's on you, but you should not feel obligated to defend Janet's live vs lip syncing to people...who are the others? would they have bought tickets if the show was 100% live? are they going to the show regardless??? and as I said said, MJ took the damn cd vocals, so there wasn't even room for an argument when it came to that tour

and why do you feel the need to "lie" about it in the first place? let people have their opinion and beleive whatever it is they want to beleive...now if you are embarrassed by it that's on you, but you should not feel obligated to defend Janet's live vs lip syncing to people...who are the others? would they have bought tickets if the show was 100% live? are they going to the show regardless??? and as I said said, MJ took the damn cd vocals, so there wasn't even room for an argument when it came to that tour

Which tour was that :unsure: The DVD I have he was live. The tour where he had the rocket. He was singing during this is it too.

Gaga wouldn't have half her fans if she mimed all the time. Live singing impresses people, no matter how strong your voice is. It can make the difference between a randomer buying or not buying an album = sales = success = money = more business = fans get more albums and tours. If you met people who said they don't like Janet, you can bet its BECAUSE they don't like that she mimes.

As one recent reviewer of her concert said, she's only been able to get away with it cause of her dancing.

I don't care about miming in the upbeat songs, its the ballads. I just think that's wrong. Heck, even the last section, like Together again, what's hard about singing that live, she did that last tour.

Live singing doesn't necessarily impress people. People like Rihanna, Katy Perry, and Taylor Swift catch flack for their crap live singing all. the. time. :lol: Honestly, I'm more in favor of people pre-recording tracks if they're gonna sound bad live.

Gaga wouldn't have half her fans if she mimed all the time. Live singing impresses people, no matter how strong your voice is. It can make the difference between a randomer buying or not buying an album = sales = success = money = more business = fans get more albums and tours. If you met people who said they don't like Janet, you can bet its BECAUSE they don't like that she mimes.

As one recent reviewer of her concert said, she's only been able to get away with it cause of her dancing.

I don't care about miming in the upbeat songs, its the ballads. I just think that's wrong. Heck, even the last section, like Together again, what's hard about singing that live, she did that last tour.

you are doing way too much chile...way too fuckin much

Live singing doesn't necessarily impress people. People like Rihanna, Katy Perry, and Taylor Swift catch flack for their crap live singing all. the. time. :lol: Honestly, I'm more in favor of people pre-recording tracks if they're gonna sound bad live.

@ people don't like Janet cuz she lips and Gaga has half her fan base cuz she sings live...the MOST is being done now lol...between those statements and this NFL news i'll need several drinks lol

Archived