Gil says Janet is singing Live

Twistedvelvet

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gaga wouldn't have half her fans if she mimed all the time. Live singing impresses people, no matter how strong your voice is. It can make the difference between a randomer buying or not buying an album = sales = success = money = more business = fans get more albums and tours. If you met people who said they don't like Janet, you can bet its BECAUSE they don't like that she mimes.

As one recent reviewer of her concert said, she's only been able to get away with it cause of her dancing.

I don't care about miming in the upbeat songs, its the ballads. I just think that's wrong. Heck, even the last section, like Together again, what's hard about singing that live, she did that last tour.

I don't think we can compare why Ga Ga has fans to Janet. I think Ga Ga has fans for the same reason Nicki Minaj does. It is a spectacle. Again I would love to see her use her vocals more, but I don't think her doing so will sway public opinion at this point. The fans that she has are the fans that she has. I don't think people who don't like her will change their views at this point. It is too far in the game

^but Janet doesn't sound bad, she sounds better live, especially during the ballads.

Look at the ballad medley on the VR Tour. It's incredible. She is the all round performer. But right now, in the new era with her miming the ballads she's stooping to Britney levels.

Britney is the only person who can stoop to Britney's level...Britney has become so sloppy and fallen off so hard, she doesn't even have a damn level

@ people don't like Janet cuz she lips and Gaga has half her fan base cuz she sings live...the MOST is being done now lol...between those statements and this NFL news i'll need several drinks lol

:o :o :o :o :o NO FOOTBALL!!!!!!! They wasted our time and held up our traffic here in DC for that decision :angry:

^but Janet doesn't sound bad, she sounds better live, especially during the ballads.

Look at the ballad medley on the VR Tour. It's incredible. She is the all round performer. But right now, in the new era with her miming the ballads she's stooping to Britney levels.

She's not stooping to Britney levels at all. Britney just pushes play on the CD and uses the album vocals. Janet at least pre-records. And she's able to give her shows a lot more energy and connect with an audience. Let's be real - it doesn't affect that many people and I doubt she's losing any fans over it.

She's not stooping to Britney levels at all. Britney just pushes play on the CD and uses the album vocals. Janet at least pre-records. And she's able to give her shows a lot more energy and connect with an audience. Let's be real - it doesn't affect that many people and I doubt she's losing any fans over it.

exaggeration is the new "in" thing honey....now, if people want to be pissed about, they can join me in drinking away my sorrows with this NFL bullshit...man i'm fuckin hot about this shit right now

Maybe not loosing, but is she gaining any? Which really is the whole point of this tour, to gain fans.

Singing live does impress. I've done it myself, knowing someone is singing live increases my approval of them and makes me like them more. If people saw youtube clips of Janet live for example, they'd maybe 'fall' for her :wave:

exaggeration is the new "in" thing honey....now, if people want to be pissed about, they can join me in drinking away my sorrows with this NFL bullshit...man i'm fuckin hot about this shit right now

:lol: I care way less about the NFL than I do about Janet's lip-synching . . . and I don't care about Janet's lip-synching very much at all.

A drink would be nice, though. (But there's never a time when that isn't the case, I find).

Maybe not loosing, but is she gaining any? Which really is the whole point of this tour, to gain fans.

Singing live does impress. I've done it myself, knowing someone is singing live increases my approval of them and makes me like them more. If people saw youtube clips of Janet live for example, they'd maybe 'fall' for her :wave:

I think most people don't pay close enough attention to notice what she's miming and what she isn't, so I don't think it has that much of an effect either way. She has very convincing pre-records.

Live singing doesn't necessarily impress people. People like Rihanna, Katy Perry, and Taylor Swift catch flack for their crap live singing all. the. time. :lol: Honestly, I'm more in favor of people pre-recording tracks if they're gonna sound bad live.

I would rather they sound bad.

you're a singer :unsure:

:lol: I care way less about the NFL than I do about Janet's lip-synching . . . and I don't care about Janet's lip-synching very much at all.

A drink would be nice, though. (But there's never a time when that isn't the case, I find).

i'm seeking refuge in my Hennessy and coke...i'm borderline depressed lol...I need Janet to hurry up and get her ass to NYC so I can watch her lip some shit so I can feel better...hell let me go look at videos on youtube cuz I need to boost my spirits lol

I think most people don't pay close enough attention to notice what she's miming and what she isn't, so I don't think it has that much of an effect either way. She has very convincing pre-records.

anyone who doesn't think Janet is gaining by being on this tour is not worth me fuckin up my liquor for...*sips my Hennessy*

I just think Janet needs to wake up to certain things like this, like her repeating the same things over and over on tour.

It's been driving away people for years. If she wants to get back on top she needs to make dramatic changes. I get that this tour is a rebuilding thing. But even small things like adding 'diamonds' and 'Best things' has done alot for improving fan morale

I wish someone would tell her this, I'd love to see her reaction or atleast I'd wish she explained herself.

Well to be honest the media is going to bash her regardless if she sings live or not. It is disgusting. She could find a cure for aids and u have people like Russ Par here in DC who would still talk shit about her. So far his prediction a few years back of Ciara taking her throne has been a :fail:

What does cici have to do with this topic?

I just think Janet needs to wake up to certain things like this, like her repeating the same things over and over on tour.

It's been driving away people for years. If she wants to get back on top she needs to make dramatic changes. I get that this tour is a rebuilding thing. But even small things like adding 'diamonds' and 'Best things' has done alot for improving fan morale

I wish someone would tell her this, I'd love to see her reaction or atleast I'd wish she explained herself.

I did not expect to see a different set from this tour from the last. Alot of people did not get to see the last tour so it is new to them. I did think with the name up close and personal and the smaller venues that it would be more of an MTV unplugged type show.

I hate to break the illusion for the fans, so I usually say nothing...but in response to the bolded part...it's something Janet's always done.

I hate to break the illusion for the fans, so I usually say nothing...but in response to the bolded part...it's something Janet's always done.

B-I-N-G-O and Bingo was his fuckin name-o! how they are just realizing this shit is funny to me...and the fact they are upset by it is funny to me too cuz it comes hella late in the game...it's just like my friend who always complains about men...I told her "well if men ain't shit and you are sick of them, bitch get a fuckin girlfriend or shut the fuck up"...if you already know what time it is, either stay at home or sing as loud as you can when she points her mic to the audience

Archived