Tramp gaga on Ellen, Lauria ann better choreo than Gil my ass!!

Twistedvelvet

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No TV

They dont look queeny at all

:mellow:

Yes they do.. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anyway, the problem is not that Janet's routines look "too gay" if that were the case, no one would find Gaga or Beyonce's choreo appealing (especially Beyonce, lol). lol

The problem is Gil likes to place 87,000 movements in each beat of the song. It doesn't look "appealing" to the eye. It's not something you immediately want to learn or try to replicate once you've seen it.

Having said that, I LOVE the routines for So Excited and All Nite.

P.S. Gaga CANNOT dance... :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

No shade >_< >_<

The diff

Gaga's is artistic

And the bois are still masculine (even tho some would argue they doing gay movies)

Gil's is just queen and gay

and he loves his Hawaiian business (even tho it's for the bois)

that when we woo stuff was woeful

same shit....TWICE

and so many times within the one "rep" (i dunno what right word is)

but then again, it was probably rushed

The diff

Gaga's is artistic

And the bois are still masculine (even tho some would argue they doing gay movies)

Gil's is just queen and gay

and he loves his Hawaiian business (even tho it's for the bois)

that when we woo stuff was woeful

same shit....TWICE

and so many times within the one "rep" (i dunno what right word is)

but then again, it was probably rushed

Too gay is too gay... if that's what we want to "label" a routine.

I would argue Gaga's is even more "gay" lol

One being more "artistic" than the other is subjective and opinion based.

I don't follow dance, but I do know what Gil did for Janet in the past was big in LA and in the dance community in general. Those jerky movements, with a million movements for each beat... So I understand why Gil incorporated that into Janet's routines (and why Janet is a fan of Gil's work) every dance style has it's place and is "good" in someone's eye, but it just doesn't work for Janet... Especially when compared to her iconic routines of the past.

The "busyness" (is that a word? lol) of his routines, makes Janet's choreo less memorable.

Make Me was way too busy even though I like it. He needs to do dances that people can try at home like they did Rhythm Nation or If... No one can do Make Me at home because it's too much -_-.

I've never had any issue 'trying' to dance All nite/So excited/Rock with you etc. I'm not perfect and I sure miss a lot of moves, but so do I in Rhythm Nation for example.

ALL of Janet's routines are intricate, that's what she's famous for.

Perhaps she's just taken it to another level.

You watch them hittin All nite in varies performances and the crowd is always hyped. That's what Janet's routines do past and PRESENT. That's what I find Gils choreos have done.

P.S I can do the 'Make me' teapot dance :filenails:

I've never had any issue 'trying' to dance All nite/So excited/Rock with you etc. I'm not perfect and I sure miss a lot of moves, but so do I in Rhythm Nation for example.

ALL of Janet's routines are intricate, that's what she's famous for.

Perhaps she's just taken it to another level.

You watch them hittin All nite in varies performances and the crowd is always hyped. That's what Janet's routines do past and PRESENT. That's what I find Gils choreos have done.

P.S I can do the 'Make me' teapot dance :filenails:

Intricate is not the same as busy... You can have an intricate and difficult routine and still have people attempting it (even if they look like fools trying it, lol)

The major problem with Gil's stuff is the look of it to the eye. Alot of it doesn't have the instant "catch your eye" appeal of Janet's past stuff, and that's because it is a different style. A style that's popular (well at one point at least) in the dance community, but different nonetheless...

Having said all of that, I generally agree with you... the fans complain at bit too much about Gil (for instance "When We OOO"). It was cute routine... Hawaiian influenced, obviously. I don't see any major problems with it.

I also love All Nite (one of my favorite Janet routines actually) and So Excited...I think those are examples of an "up to date" classic Janet routine and things that people want to emulate once seeing them.

As I said, I understand why Gil incorporated that "jerky" style (for lack of a better word) into Janet's routines. It is/was popular in the dance community and Janet herself probably liked the look of it and wanted to go in that direction with her choreography...it just doesn't work for Janet sometimes.

Archived