How much is enough? Let's talk Money

Bailey

I make 44,000 a year. After I pay my rent and bills i'm broke. <_< Here in the bay area, you need to be making at least 60,000 a year to be comfortable. and even then you'll still be shopping at Target and using coupons. You can't find a 1 bdr apt out here for less than 1000. I pay 1,150 for a two bedroom and that is considered a MAJOR deal out here. I have friends praying that I get evicted. :umm:

And sadly, if I moved two hours south east into the central valley (fresno), I'd be able to live like a king off of the same salary. Only problem is, I'd be surrounded by farms and skin heads.

well damn a common theme here is it depends on location location location. I would try to find a nice balance, I wouldn't try to stretch my means if I could find a reasonable city and still live well its kinda give and take, I wouldn't try Manhattan nor SF I already know unless you balling I mean BALLING a regular joe can cut it in those places without struggling

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I make 44,000 a year. After I pay my rent and bills i'm broke. <_< Here in the bay area, you need to be making at least 60,000 a year to be comfortable. and even then you'll still be shopping at Target and using coupons. You can't find a 1 bdr apt out here for less than 1000. I pay 1,150 for a two bedroom and that is considered a MAJOR deal out here. I have friends praying that I get evicted. :umm:

And sadly, if I moved two hours south east into the central valley (fresno), I'd be able to live like a king off of the same salary. Only problem is, I'd be surrounded by farms and skin heads.

For real!? Back when I was still living in California my mom was working at the Clorox in Oakland over on Broadway and she was making ~$50-$55k a year and she'd complain about how expensive things were. We were living in Pittsburg at that time. Not even near the urbanized areas.

For real!? Back when I was still living in California my mom was working at the Clorox in Oakland over on Broadway and she was making ~$50-$55k a year and she'd complain about how expensive things were. We were living in Pittsburg at that time. Not even near the urbanized areas.

Chile....

Shit is getting real crazy out here in the bay. I just moved here 6 yrs ago and i had never seen anything like the rental prices out here. And I'm from LA!

People tell me it wasn't always like this. Apparently all this started happening in the late 90s during the silicon valley boom, when all the tech companies came out here. I live in the south bay, (Sunnyvale) and I was trying to moved to SF. But its just to expensive. -_-

I imagined you was rolling from the pics and the fact you live in Miami of all places which aint cheap, if you got Basketball players in your building I thought you was balling like dat :unsure: Now as for the BF I aint mad there are a lot of folks out here that just kinda fell into what they do and get paid based upon their unique ability to do the job better than others could ever. My ex I don't even think he graduated from college I never saw a degree and the school he claimed to have gone to does not exist anymore it's under a different name, he has no pics of graduation but pics of everything and everyone else, long short of it is I don't think he has a college degree either. :filenails: BUT he has his own Ralph lauren store and probably making 50-60k they travel him around the country opening stores and giving him limo rides and nice hotels, so he thinks he the shit :rolleyes:

ALL THANKS TO THE BF...

That's cool man you got someone that's down for you you deserve it

ITS COOL...BUT STILL HAVE TO BE ABLE TO MAKE MY OWN...THE PROBLEM WITH PEOPLE LIKE THAT IS THEY THINK MONEY = HAPPINESS...NOT TRUE FOR ME. IT DEF HELPS BUT ITS NOT THE MOST IMPORTANT THING FOR ME...SOMETIMES I WANT YOU TO GIVE ME A BACK RUB YOURSELF INSTEAD OF SENDING ME TO THE SPA...AND DONT THINK JUST CAUSE YOU GOT MONEY I WONT LEAVE YO ASS

ITS COOL...BUT STILL HAVE TO BE ABLE TO MAKE MY OWN...THE PROBLEM WITH PEOPLE LIKE THAT IS THEY THINK MONEY = HAPPINESS...NOT TRUE FOR ME. IT DEF HELPS BUT ITS NOT THE MOST IMPORTANT THING FOR ME...SOMETIMES I WANT YOU TO GIVE ME A BACK RUB YOURSELF INSTEAD OF SENDING ME TO THE SPA...AND DONT THINK JUST CAUSE YOU GOT MONEY I WONT LEAVE YO ASS

who said all dat :unsure: yea Ima need you to go to the gym with all dat, it works when I was in the gym I would be like "and fuck you all the shit I was doing and this big ass dick was lying the pipe too bitch? silly bitch look at me now!" .....the ex was absolutely all about money how much you make and how much other people maid I swear if I had a dollar for every time the word money came out his mouth I would be set for life :filenails:

Archived