How much is enough? Let's talk Money

Bailey

Nah, not with the way I am. :lol: I mean, I'm an only child, and I do have a vague idea of what my parents make (I at least know the minimum), and I know the kind of lifestyle I've become accustomed to. It's comfortable, but not ostentatious (though these things are always relative). And I'm like, "well, I need to live at least as comfortably as I have thus far" and it's always the goal to do even better. I don't like to have to think twice about when I buy something (I mean, something like a house or a car, yeah, but I don't want to worry about how much I'm spending on food or whatnot).

That is very powerful because even I have that it's a certain income level u get to and once there you refuse to go back and if forced to you refuse to stay, I learned that with Chrysler I had a supervisor tell me when I was 24 that you're standards will change from here forward. THEY DID

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Time to move sir. :coffee:

Vegas taught me something....I don't want to be too far from home. Maybe Chicago that is 4 hours away that's where I would likely go, I am more concerned about the dating pool Im a great guy, smart loving, and good looking I should not be single for years on end.

Vegas taught me something....I don't want to be too far from home. Maybe Chicago that is 4 hours away that's where I would likely go, I am more concerned about the dating pool Im a great guy, smart loving, and good looking I should not be single for years on end.

Being single > being tied down -_-

Well yeah you went to Vegas. :mellow: What did you expect. It's like driving a BMW, and then having to go back to a Nissan. :umm:

When I was in college I thought making a salary the same as my age was cool. Then I realized I needed to double my age. I now make about triple my age and with taxes it still is not enough, lol.

About 5 years ago I thought making any 6 figure salary would be fine, but now I realize that in the south I need to make $175,000 a year on the East Coast $225,000 at least. Travel, taxes and 403b savings cost.

:filenails:

Being single > being tied down -_-

Well yeah you went to Vegas. :mellow: What did you expect. It's like driving a BMW, and then having to go back to a Nissan. :umm:

I was ready to leave as soon as Janet's show was over I did not even try to get laid there, I was just like this is a place to visit not to live...you lost me :unsure:

I was ready to leave as soon as Janet's show was over I did not even try to get laid there, I was just like this is a place to visit not to live...you lost me :unsure:

That's how I feel about Orlando. -_- I can't tell you how much money I've spent in Bargain World. :sigh:

When I was in college I thought making a salary the same as my age was cool. Then I realized I needed to double my age. I now make about triple my age and with taxes it still is not enough, lol.

About 5 years ago I thought making any 6 figure salary would be fine, but now I realize that in the south I need to make $175,000 a year on the East Coast $225,000 at least. Travel, taxes and 403b savings cost.

:filenails:

yo shit ain't adding up and trust im doing da math in this piece, if you aint got no kids or wife, unless you living in a big ass house you don't need, or you spend a lot of money on too much shit then what the fuck is yo problem? Where the fuck are you and how much responsibility did you take on? I have none, other than school loans, I have me and that's it, my only real problem is I don't do cheap, I pay, I do great concert seats, I don't do cheap hotels I like to eat, and yes, hell yes, I want the best, breakfast at the Bellagio fuck yes. Nice clothes...done.

yo shit ain't adding up and trust im doing da math in this piece, if you aint got no kids or wife, unless you living in a big ass house you don't need, or you spend a lot of money on too much shit then what the fuck is yo problem? Where the fuck are you and how much responsibility did you take on? I have none, other than school loans, I have me and that's it, my only real problem is I don't do cheap, I pay, I do great concert seats, I don't do cheap hotels I like to eat, and yes, hell yes, I want the best, breakfast at the Bellagio fuck yes. Nice clothes...done.

Without going into too much detail, I moved to a small town for a big pay increase. Sold my house and debating about buying again because I will not be here many more years. I travel a lot more, put $15,000 a year in 403b, student loans still outstanding, and no kids so my federal and state taxes are more than I was making annually 15 years ago. Even though I don't have kids, I do still have a family, and there's always a reason to call Uncle "XU". :thumbup:

Some ppl feel Chicago has a low cost of living

Maybe it is still in the snow regions but I love the change of the seasons it's all I have known, sure summer in Miami would be different maybe great fun, but no leaves falling? No snow at Christmas? Not sure I could co-sign that :thumbdown:

Without going into too much detail, I moved to a small town for a big pay increase. Sold my house and debating about buying again because I will not be here many more years. I travel a lot more, put $15,000 a year in 403b, student loans still outstanding, and no kids so my federal and state taxes are more than I was making annually 15 years ago. Even though I don't have kids, I do still have a family, and there's always a reason to call Uncle "XU". :thumbup:

ok complicated, bottom line is you probably need to reassess what is and what is not needed

MY BF MAKES 6 FIGURE SALARY...AND CAN GET UP TO A 20-50,000 BONUS CHECK EVERY QUARTER IF HE MAKES BUDGET...AND HE DOESNT DO SQUAT IF YOU ASK ME...LOL A COLLEGE DROP OUT AND ALL...MEANWHILE POOR LIL ME BE SCRATCHING AND SURVIVING :sigh:

It really depends on the standard of living in regards to where you live. Living in Atlanta, you could live nicely off $50k/yr. But in somewhere like DC, $50k/yr isn't gonna do anything but piss you off.

Money is like Janet, you can never have too much. :thumbup:

Exactly my thoughts. Trust me after living in London, you can make 40K GBP here and STILL be living a bog standard lifestyle. I'm planning on moving to Atlanta for those exact reasons, cause I realise so much it's not about how much money you have it's the standard of living and that's all I really want, a good standard of living for a reasonable costs. Very hard to have that in northern parts of Europe unless your REALLY rich

MY BF MAKES 6 FIGURE SALARY...AND CAN GET UP TO A 20-50,000 BONUS CHECK EVERY QUARTER IF HE MAKES BUDGET...AND HE DOESNT DO SQUAT IF YOU ASK ME...LOL A COLLEGE DROP OUT AND ALL...MEANWHILE POOR LIL ME BE SCRATCHING AND SURVIVING :sigh:

I imagined you was rolling from the pics and the fact you live in Miami of all places which aint cheap, if you got Basketball players in your building I thought you was balling like dat :unsure: Now as for the BF I aint mad there are a lot of folks out here that just kinda fell into what they do and get paid based upon their unique ability to do the job better than others could ever. My ex I don't even think he graduated from college I never saw a degree and the school he claimed to have gone to does not exist anymore it's under a different name, he has no pics of graduation but pics of everything and everyone else, long short of it is I don't think he has a college degree either. :filenails: BUT he has his own Ralph lauren store and probably making 50-60k they travel him around the country opening stores and giving him limo rides and nice hotels, so he thinks he the shit :rolleyes:

I make 44,000 a year. After I pay my rent and bills i'm broke. <_< Here in the bay area, you need to be making at least 60,000 a year to be comfortable. and even then you'll still be shopping at Target and using coupons. You can't find a 1 bdr apt out here for less than 1000. I pay 1,150 for a two bedroom and that is considered a MAJOR deal out here. I have friends praying that I get evicted. :umm:

And sadly, if I moved two hours south east into the central valley (fresno), I'd be able to live like a king off of the same salary. Only problem is, I'd be surrounded by farms and skin heads.

Archived