Amazon loses approx. $3.2 million over "Born this Way"

Kim

The U.S. figures were buttressed by Amazon's two-day 99 cents sale last week, which moved an estimated 450k downloads, costin the giant online retailer approximately $3.2 million, at a loss of about $7.40 per unit.

Rest of article: http://www.hitsdailydouble.com/news/newsPage.cgi?news08556

Well damn. They better hope people actually stick with that Cloud service thing. :lol:

The U.S. figures were buttressed by Amazon's two-day 99 cents sale last week, which moved an estimated 450k downloads, costin the giant online retailer approximately $3.2 million, at a loss of about $7.40 per unit.

Well damn. They better hope people actually stick with that Cloud service thing. :lol:

Yeah they will just write it off as advertising costs for the cloud service. They got 450k+ to sign up for it at least to get the discount. So hopefully with email blasts to all thsoe accounts and other discounts on future songs and albums they will get those people back for repeated business.

this cannot be accurate, financially speaking when you deliver a product via online that is music and therefore a product lacking in inherent value you cannot claim a loss on something where there was no expense in its distribution I could see if they mailed out hard copies for 99 cent but a download aint nothing but click and wait. No company would knowingly take THAT kina hit on da money where they do dat at? :filenails:

this cannot be accurate, financially speaking when you deliver a product via online that is music and therefore a product lacking in inherent value you cannot claim a loss on something where there was no expense in its distribution I could see if they mailed out hard copies for 99 cent but a download aint nothing but click and wait. No company would knowingly take THAT kina hit on da money where they do dat at? :filenails:

It is a lost considering how they purchased the album at full price to sell it as the same amount as they do some singles.

It is a lost considering how they purchased the album at full price to sell it as the same amount as they do some singles.

I disagree gurl but we not gone do this she aint that important all im saying is if I have a song on my comp right and I give it to you via online file share, what did it really cost me? Now if I paid full price to get it to begin with that's different but I highly doubt amazon did that if that were the case where is the mark up to make a profit ever?

I disagree gurl but we not gone do this she aint that important all im saying is if I have a song on my comp right and I give it to you via online file share, what did it really cost me? Now if I paid full price to get it to begin with that's different but I highly doubt amazon did that if that were the case where is the mark up to make a profit ever?

Amazon has been trying to compete with Apple for years. They purchase the albums at full price and sell them way cheaper than iTunes so they can get more people to use their products.

Amazon has been trying to compete with Apple for years. They purchase the albums at full price and sell them way cheaper than iTunes so they can get more people to use their products.

Yep they do the same thing in alot of areas in their business to compete, to them the "loss" is advertising costs. They are getting mentioned in every single article about gagas first week sales. On top of getting 450k+ people to sign up for the service just to get the album. They are hoping they get repeat business and more exposure.

Yep they do the same thing in alot of areas in their business to compete, to them the "loss" is advertising costs. They are getting mentioned in every single article about gagas first week sales. On top of getting 450k+ people to sign up for the service just to get the album. They are hoping they get repeat business and more exposure.

That's where I got my Diddy Beats from -_- I'm so glad Amazon sold them for cheap at the time :thumbup:

are you co-signing that they lost that much money ? yes or no <_<

That's where I got my Diddy Beats from -_- I'm so glad Amazon sold them for cheap at the time :thumbup:

I havent used them for music yet even though they sent me a ecoupon for some discounted shit but I use their new appstore for Android alot. They have free deals on paid apps everyday to get business from the android marketplace.

I havent used them for music yet even though they sent me a ecoupon for some discounted shit but I use their new appstore for Android alot. They have free deals on paid apps everyday to get business from the android marketplace.

I did but stopped when my laptop crashed. Unlike iTunes when your laptop crashed you can still regain the songs you purchased, you'd have to re-buy the music purchased from Amazon.

I did but stopped when my laptop crashed. Unlike iTunes when your laptop crashed you can still regain the songs you purchased, you'd have to re-buy the music purchased from Amazon.

:umm: they can keep that cloud shit then

Itunes= janet :wub:

Amazon=cassie: pretty to look @ but no thanks

And that's why the iTunes store is the best platform for digital music -_- (even though the software itself act's like it's dying from diahoreah or something) :filenails:.

chile as soon as mine tells me there's an update I be like nope. :filenails:

Archived