Amazon loses approx. $3.2 million over "Born this Way"

Kim

this cannot be accurate, financially speaking when you deliver a product via online that is music and therefore a product lacking in inherent value you cannot claim a loss on something where there was no expense in its distribution I could see if they mailed out hard copies for 99 cent but a download aint nothing but click and wait. No company would knowingly take THAT kina hit on da money where they do dat at? :filenails:

are you serious with that :mellow:

I disagree gurl but we not gone do this she aint that important all im saying is if I have a song on my comp right and I give it to you via online file share, what did it really cost me? Now if I paid full price to get it to begin with that's different but I highly doubt amazon did that if that were the case where is the mark up to make a profit ever?

are you fucking serious?! :mellow:

if you paid for an album... and shared it with me... that is ILLEGAL... you are not a business... businesses do not operate the way you explained.. your "file sharing" analogy is false and is a poor business decision/ethic

Amazon pays the same price iTunes, Walmart, Target, etc pays to get music to their store... minus shipping costs...

Amazon sold that product for less than the break-even point.. there for.. the profit is in the red... i'm not about to sit here and teach you how businesses work

this cannot be accurate, financially speaking when you deliver a product via online that is music and therefore a product lacking in inherent value you cannot claim a loss on something where there was no expense in its distribution I could see if they mailed out hard copies for 99 cent but a download aint nothing but click and wait. No company would knowingly take THAT kina hit on da money where they do dat at? :filenails:

I disagree gurl but we not gone do this she aint that important all im saying is if I have a song on my comp right and I give it to you via online file share, what did it really cost me? Now if I paid full price to get it to begin with that's different but I highly doubt amazon did that if that were the case where is the mark up to make a profit ever?

90ad9322_WTF-ARE-YOU-TALKING-ABOUT.jpg

if you paid for an album... and shared it with me... that is ILLEGAL... you are not a business... businesses do not operate the way you explained.. your "file sharing" analogy is false and is a poor business decision/ethic

Amazon pays the same price iTunes, Walmart, Target, etc pays to get music to their store... minus shipping costs...

Amazon sold that product for less than the break-even point.. there for.. the profit is in the red... i'm not about to sit here and teach you how businesses work

:lol:

ok um first off....fall back...second off no retailer pays what you would for an item where is the profit in that? So they obviously paid less than you or I would and please don't call you teaching me a thing worry about the mods and yo beef with them....seeing how you aren't one anymore :whistle:

ok um first off....fall back...second off no retailer pays what you would for an item where is the profit in that? So they obviously paid less than you or I would and please don't call you teaching me a thing worry about the mods and yo beef with them....seeing how you aren't one anymore :whistle:

:censored:

chile we had to beat him down he wouldnt leave

Ok.. The profit is in the advertising and increase market share.. Too deep for you

How about worrying about educating yourself before saying something... Comparing illegal sharing to business transactions... I'm not here for ignorance

surely they haven't payed 8.40 a pop for that album?

I can believe that. Many businesses sell items at cost, or below cost to increase sales in another area, or just as a way to gain customers in the future. You call those products "loss leaders". For example, Best Buy and Target may sell a cd for $8.99 the first week it comes out, and while there you may also decide to pick up a few old cds, dvds, some computer paper, a bag of M&Ms etc. I'm sure Amazon may have sold millions of dollars worth of cloud subscriptions, books, and other cds, even if they lost money on the BTW cds, they have or will make it up some way. Even the news stories are worth millions in promo for them.

Lady Gaga: 'Born This Way' Download Isn't Worth More Than 99 Cents

In a surprising statement, Lady Gaga said that digital copies of her "Born This Way" album aren't worth more than 99 cents -- the controversial sale price at which Amazon sold them on two days last week.

Asked by the Wall Street Journal whether she felt the album - which sold more than 1.1 million copies in its first week on sale -- was worth more, Gaga replied, "No. I absolutely do not, especially for MP3s and digital music. It's invisible. it's in space. If anything, I applaud a company like Amazon for equating the value of digital versus the physical copy, and giving the opportunity to everyone to buy music."

She then hedged her statement a bit, thanking Amazon for selling the album at a price that cost the company millions but promoted its new cloud-music services.

"It also wasn't really 99 cents, because Amazon paid the difference on all of those purchases as part of their promotional campaign for one of their new services," she said. "I think it's amazing and it was a really nice surprise and I felt honored that they chose my record to be part of it."

http://www.billboard.com/#/news/lady-gaga-born-this-way-download-isn-t-worth-1005212222.story

Oop. :asham:

Lady Gaga: 'Born This Way' Download Isn't Worth More Than 99 Cents

In a surprising statement, Lady Gaga said that digital copies of her "Born This Way" album aren't worth more than 99 cents -- the controversial sale price at which Amazon sold them on two days last week.

Asked by the Wall Street Journal whether she felt the album - which sold more than 1.1 million copies in its first week on sale -- was worth more, Gaga replied, "No. I absolutely do not, especially for MP3s and digital music. It's invisible. it's in space. If anything, I applaud a company like Amazon for equating the value of digital versus the physical copy, and giving the opportunity to everyone to buy music."

She then hedged her statement a bit, thanking Amazon for selling the album at a price that cost the company millions but promoted its new cloud-music services.

"It also wasn't really 99 cents, because Amazon paid the difference on all of those purchases as part of their promotional campaign for one of their new services," she said. "I think it's amazing and it was a really nice surprise and I felt honored that they chose my record to be part of it."

http://www.billboard.com/#/news/lady-gaga-born-this-way-download-isn-t-worth-1005212222.story

Oop. :asham:

I want my refund for Fame & Monster, if she feels her cds are not worth 99 cents. :filenails:

I want my refund for Fame & Monster, if she feels her cds are not worth 99 cents. :filenails:

Well, to be clear, she's saying that about digital music, so if you bought the physical CDs, you're out of luck. :asham:

Archived