DIVA WARS Present Robyn VS Katy Perry

King Baby

14 members have voted

1. 1. Whose team are you on?

• Robyn...Talent galore and international appeal...you can't beat that with Fist brown's hands
    • Katy Perry...There is a reason why Robyn is not the headliner
  2. 2. Who is more talented?

• Robyn
    • Katy Perry
    • both are questionable in the talent department
  3. 3. Who has better song?

• Robyn
    • katy Perry

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I never cared for her until the "Teenage Dream" song.. :lmao: But I can say she did have a more unique sound on her first album.

she was being herself instead of selling out her sound to get hits. I used to really like her during that period but it all went downhill for me when during her unppluged she said that she was going to keep it real and talk about her struggles and all that but than the last thing you know she's stealing Ke$hit's sound and adding horrendous vocals to it .

i still like her first album , can't really get into this new one, sounds desperate to me

she was being herself instead of selling out her sound to get hits. I used to really like her during that period but it all went downhill for me when during her unppluged she said that she was going to keep it real and talk about her struggles and all that but than the last thing you know she's stealing Ke$hit's sound and adding horrendous vocals to it .

i still like her first album , can't really get into this new one, sounds desperate to me

She was being P!nk. :coffee:

'Hot N Cold' & 'Waking Up In Vegas' are great. The rest she can keep.

I say she deserves it. That video is surely helping. :lol:

She's doing great this era. I'm actually surprised..

Hmmmm..I see your point..but can you see it as a "reinvention" as opposed to her doing a Beyonce and stealing from Ke$hit? :unsure:

na ... Pink never had a pin up 50's style and sound attached to her. The shock value is the only thing they had in common during that era

Style-wise, she was more distinctive, but musically and vocally she was too far up P!nk's ass. Max Martin played a big part in that too. 'Hot N Cold' should've been called 'U + Ur Hand Pt. II'.

Style-wise, she was more distinctive, but musically and vocally she was too far up P!nk's ass. Max Martin played a big part in that too. 'Hot N Cold' should've been called 'U + Ur Hand Pt. II'.

Wait what? When I play her album pink doesn't come to mind at all specially vocally. Those 2 sound nothing alike to me, I can't even see pink do a track like hot and cold as it is way too bubble gush for her and touches some electro aspects that pink does not touch. Pink is more into POP rock and that sure isn't hot and cold

So when Kelly Clarkson came out with "Since You've Been Gone" did she bite off of P!nk? :unsure:

Wait what? When I play her album pink doesn't come to mind at all specially vocally. Those 2 sound nothing alike to me, I can't even see pink do a track like hot and cold as it is way too bubble gush for her and touches some electro aspects that pink does not touch. Pink is more into POP rock and that sure isn't hot and cold

You don't think 'Hot N Cold' is pop/rock? :unsure: I do. Vocally I always felt she was chasing P!nk on that first album.

Ignoring how god-awful this performance is, listen how seemlessly the two songs flow from about 2:09.

A little. Kelly's Breakaway era always gave me Avril teas more than P!nk though. Keep in mind all three worked closely with the whole Dr. Luke/Max Martin crowd.

Hmmm..the reason I asked because Kelly was massive with the "Breakaway" album..then P!nk came out with "I'm Not Dead" and the monster track "U + Ur Hand"(which is one of my fave P!nk songs ever) and they have the same kinda feel. Not saying that P!nk copied Kelly, but it makes since if the same producers have that "sound".

Hmmm..the reason I asked because Kelly was massive with the "Breakaway" album..then P!nk came out with "I'm Not Dead" and the monster track "U + Ur Hand"(which is one of my fave P!nk songs ever) and they have the same kinda feel. Not saying that P!nk copied Kelly, but it makes since if the same producers have that "sound".

I can definitely see that. P!nk was too rough for the masses on Try This. I love the album but it wasn't polished, that's why I'm Not Dead was so important for her. It took the pop hooks from M!ssundaztood (still can't type that title without shivering) and married them with Matrix-like producers who knew how to rock. I think albums like Breakaway and, dare I say it, ASSlee Simpson's Autobiography definitely had an influence on her and a few other artists' sound at the time.

Archived