The Business of Theft: The Funny Numbers of the Music Industry

SonofBaldwin

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No it's not :blink:

Think about it. The way of Communism. Those on top dictate and change the rules as they see fit and get the biggest share of money and goods and everything because they're the top dogs and leave what's left to be spread among the lessers (in their opinion). They feel that they do most of the work and so deserve the biggest share.

Think about it. The way of Communism. Those on top dictate and change the rules as they see fit and get the biggest share of money and goods and everything because they're the top dogs and leave what's left to be spread among the lessers (in their opinion). They feel that they do most of the work and so deserve the biggest share.

That's capitalism honey... That's what businesses does

And If I were an artist.. I'd take the 13% and shut my mouth.. Record companies help the artist grow to become superstars.. If Beyonce, Janet, MJ didn't have a label.. They'd be hippy no bodies selling their albums out their cars.. It's apart of the business

That's capitalism honey... That's what businesses does

And If I were an artist.. I'd take the 13% and shut my mouth.. Record companies help the artist grow to become superstars.. If Beyonce, Janet, MJ didn't have a label.. They'd be hippy no bodies selling their albums out their cars.. It's apart of the business

I agree with this statement. To reach a certain level of stardom an artist will ultimately need the support of a major label. It takes money to make money. Thriller was a good album, but it would not have sold no damn 25 million units if Epic wasn't giving crazy money to do those videos, promoting the hell out of those singles and forcing MTV to play MJ every hour on the hour. Indie artist have a freedom most major artist don't. But Major artist on major labels can build a stronger legacy.

No disrespect to you, Rhythm. I like you and think you're a wonderful person. But I worry about the American education system when our young people don't know the difference between capitalism and communism. As Game pointed out, what you've described above is capitalism, not communism.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capitalism

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Communism

If ya'll think back,remember when Janet was suppose to tour back during the 20yo era. Gil was saying that "ppl aren't believing in her" in other word the "suits" aka businessmen weren't believing in her and she was having a hard time getting a tour off the ground. It was because she couldn't find any promoters that wanted to invest in what she was tryna do for a tour. They felt fuckin with Janet was a gamble. Understandably so,I must say...considering where her career was at that time. They were tryna avoid what ended up happening with the RWU tour ..

I honestly think that tour would have done JUST FINE

Archived