Unpopular Opinion's For The Next Album Era

Idrag4mj

Not being religious here but ...there's a passage in the bible that says the Lord will restore all the years that the locust have eat seven fold .... i see the time frame between 2004-2009 as such a time in janets career life ..a very painful timeframe for both janet and her fans..her 35 years in showbiz , tremendous and mind blow superstardom and success almost to an extent was somewhat erased .either the media and their portrayal of her made(kes) it seem like her very apparent impact on today generations of pop stars was non-existant and any credit that was due to her would rather be given to somebody who probably had nothing to do with it in the first place .... .. I see some debates that go on around forums ...and its like people forget that the was a JANET PRE-superbowl ... arguments that she has never been as well known as madonna and things of that nature ..such debates /discussions would not have existed during "the all for you" era

anyway back to the topic for janets next era i want all the year's the locust have eaten to be returned seven fold..i know Like most of you say "janet is a legend has nothing to prove blah blah" but it would like to see janet come all out one more time..she still has at least 2 more huge successful era's in her before slowing down and pulling a "prince" ... her magic formula jimmy jam and terry with a mix of todays hottest producers like red one can guarantee her a very commercial viable album which can produce several top 10's from which she can lunch perhaps the biggest stadium/arena tour of her career..

i would like a very radio friendly album like damita jo was ..wouldnt mind her following today's dance craze trend to get a hit if there a 2-3 euro dance songs on that will help sell the album what the heck..that is if its still the trend when she releases an album in 2013.. the testament a true artist is to be able to reinvent yourself to keep up with the times... you dont expect her make the same music she made during velvet rope days..

i think as long as janet is actively involved in music making process be it writing or whatnot ... a mix of jimmy/terry and some of the hottest producers will make the album both personal ,meaningful and commercially viable

most people will say she shouldn't be following trends but making them..technically she wont be following as she experimented with this whole euro pop sound way before it became really popular..secondly it is an unpopular opinion so i dont expect everybody to agree

it would be great to see janet get a little close to her peak once or twice more ... remind folks that she is Janet Jackson and has done this Big/Huge before and is doing it Big huge one more time .

before just releasing non-mainstream sounding albums like prince has(janet can start that in her 60's ..she too young now )

Nelly said when asked about if lauryn hill could make a comeback ""Great Artists are Just A hit Away from comeback" couldnt agree more.

thoughts?

I will say this though, based on the album alone. I would love for her to go Control/AFY. A good mix of pop, dance, R&B and rock. Give us a stable variety, yet make the theme about her life now. Her personally, as a woman, and how she's grown. A coming of age style like Control. That's what I'm hoping for wub.gifwub.gifwub.gif

In all honesty, you lost me at the Bible quote. :blink:

dont read too much into the bible quote...all i meant to say is that..i am hoping that she will have a MAJORLY SUCCESSFUL era that will make up for all the bad years she had after the super bowl

dont read too much into the bible quote...all i meant to say is that..i am hoping that she will have a MAJORLY SUCCESSFUL era that will make up for all the bad years she had after the super bowl

I skimmed it after I caught myself again. I just have really bad memories when it comes to religion....long story. But yes, I agree with you.

too bad it's not gonna happen... just enjoy the music... not the "success"...

Janet's Music >>>> Janet's success

Right ...im over worrying if she will sink. She's had her time -like all ther other 80s artist. Im content and could care less about success. Been there done that.

Right ...im over worrying if she will sink. She's had her time -like all ther other 80s artist. Im content and could care less about success. Been there done that.

Janet's morphing into a modern day legend... a "Patti Labelle" kinda thing... or an "Aretha Franklin"... etc... it's not about sales and popularity

Janet's morphing into a modern day legend... a "Patti Labelle" kinda thing... or an "Aretha Franklin"... etc... it's not about sales and popularity

!!!!!!

I think thats what some fans are missing. That status and legacy is so much more rewarding than sales at this point.

+1

The only reason I want her to be successful sales wise is because I never witnessed her success before the Internet as I wasn't into sales as much then.

But I'm with Game & iJanet...she's a fucking iconic legend and that says more than most artists out today.

Well since Janet is with Wissam and his giant ding ding i expect a lot of love songs and such. Which is great.....i look forward to hearing some love anthems.

Naturally i am 9.99% sure will get some freaky songs, but i hope their aren't as many.

Pop/R&B/rock.....whateva.....i hope she mixes it up.

I'm just excited for new material. :good:

(My thoughts weren't really unpopular but...just thoughts)

:thumbdown::fail:

After reading the first post I thought, finally, someone who has come round to my way of thinking, then I saw the comments after :sigh: Worst of those of you that have no faith in Janhova making a massive comeback.

Do you even know Janet, Miss Jackson at all? The workacholic, the business woman?

Do you really believe that she is working on this long ass tour to release more albums of songs that barely scrap the Top 40, just so some dumb fans can continue to be lazy and show no faith in her.

Janet is still doing it cause she wants more hits! Plain as.

I'm getting :yawn: seeing dumb fans talk like Janet isn't relevant or current. You aren't a real fan. Your not here for the present or the future. Janet is current, she always will be, cause she is a JACKSON. And as long as she releases albums, they will be expected to chart.

I have every faith in Janet to comeback big like a Jackson should, that's what she is hear for and that's what i'm here for. Yes, I'll enjoy whatever she brings out and always support her no matter what, BUT ultimately if the music is good enough, why shouldn't it chart. Whats the point of Janet doing what she does if she isn't going to try and push the records she releases.

Some of you disciplined!!!

After reading the first post I thought, finally, someone who has come round to my way of thinking, then I saw the comments after :sigh: Worst of those of you that have no faith in Janhova making a massive comeback.

Do you even know Janet, Miss Jackson at all? The workacholic, the business woman?

Do you really believe that she is working on this long ass tour to release more albums of songs that barely scrap the Top 40, just so some dumb fans can continue to be lazy and show no faith in her.

I'm getting :yawn: seeing dumb fans talk like Janet isn't relevant or current. You aren't a real fan. Your not here for the present or the future. Janet is current, she always will be, cause she is a JACKSON. And as long as she releases albums, they will be expected to chart.

I have every faith in Janet to comeback big like a Jackson should, that's what she is hear for and that's what i'm here for. Yes, I'll enjoy whatever she brings out and always support her no matter what, BUT ultimately if the music is good enough, why shouldn't it chart. Whats the point of Janet doing what she does if she isn't going to try and push the records she releases.

Well in all honesty, I'd love for her to discipline me but that's for a different reason. :shifty:

Anyway, at first I stopped reading after I saw the Bible mention. I checked out. Then when I went back and read through it, I agreed with what he said and with what you have said here. I know she is going to bring it all with the next album and I can't wait for her to do it. I say there should be an all night watch, when the release date is known, on the night before the album drops that way all of us can get a 3rd copy on the day of release right at the local music store. (I say 3rd because I'll have already pre-ordered two copies) But moreover, you are right. There is nothing more to do than agree :cheers:

I want Janet to have success again, but I don't necessarily agree with a few things you said. I think at this point in her career it should be just about trying to make a good album & not one to try & reclaim past glory days. Janet is old & with that being said its hard to be successful for any artist that hits that certain age & it doesn't help with the 2004- 2008 years regressing her career. In addition to that with age also comes the expectation for age-appropriae music, which is also something I thnk she should aim for. meaning no more "flier than a pelican" & "Discipline me daddy" sessions.

As far as my personal expectations I dont think she should work with JJ&TL nor any of the other mainstream RedOne Dr. Luke folk either. Shes worked with JJ & TL for 20+ years & they've pretty much exercised every possible sound they could from each other imo & with the trendy producers comes the risk of sounding trendy & someone else...

IE- JLo I'm Into You & Keri Hilson Loose Control sounding like Rihanna Whats My Name

Katy California Gurls sounding like Ke$ha Tik Tok

So go for someone unknown or someone who isn't necessarily as popular as the current hit maker producers. I think the most important thing though in addition to going for good music is critical acclaim. Even if the next album flops the positive flip side could at least be it was well received.

Every artist has their period of inactivity. Whitney 2001 - 2008. Mariah 2001 - 2004, Madonna - the 90s. 2004 - 2009 was Janet's time. Fortunately it was after she had peaked, and not in her peak. Things will start to look up for Janet in the future, as they've already been showing here and there.

I still think Janet should work with J&T. They're the only ones who KNOW Janet and KNOW how to produce her. The main focus should be the music itself. If the music is good, it'll sell. Janet is in a better space than she was, and some non fans are anticipating her next release. With a good album that's better than the last three, more doors will open for Janet.

What angers me the most is all this nonsense blacklisting in those years really caused a generation to come to not even knowing a Janet song or knowing how big she was. They think britney is bigger for god sake.

I don't understand how it happened. Even as a teen today surely you'd be able to remember the all for you era atleast. Like when I was 8 I remember 'together again'.

What angers me the most is all this nonsense blacklisting in those years really caused a generation to come to not even knowing a Janet song or knowing how big she was. They think britney is bigger for god sake.

I don't understand how it happened. Even as a teen today surely you'd be able to remember the all for you era atleast. Like when I was 8 I remember 'together again'.

My dear...only a dumbass would believe that Britney Spears is bigger than Janet Jackson.

The problem isn't that kids don't know Janet's songs; the problem is the songs they know came out over twenty years ago. The music industry is youth driven and hardly anyone under 25 is checking for dance music from a 45 year old woman.

I think this tour is a reminding the world of her greatness. No one alive can put on a show like Janet Jackson. Along with her youthful appearance and still high energy dance moves, Janet is proving a point...the point being that she is the baddest bitch to ever grace a stage. She is timeless. Her music still goes hard.

She will get back on top of her game, and when she does the world will gag.

Maybe she'll pull a Tina Turner.

:clapping: :clapping: :yep::wave::dance::cheers:

My dear...only a dumbass would believe that Britney Spears is bigger than Janet Jackson.

The problem isn't that kids don't know Janet's songs; the problem is the songs they know came out over twenty years ago. The music industry is youth driven and hardly anyone under 25 is checking for dance music from a 45 year old woman.

I think this tour is a reminding the world of her greatness. No one alive can put on a show like Janet Jackson. Along with her youthful appearance and still high energy dance moves, Janet is proving a point...the point being that she is the baddest bitch to ever grace a stage. She is timeless. Her music still goes hard.

She will get back on top of her game, and when she does the world will gag.

Maybe she'll pull a Tina Turner.

agreed.. but what do you mean by pull a tina turner ???

Archived