Who Has A Better Catalog Part 9

Escapade

18 members have voted

1. 1. Who Has A Better Catalog

• Mary J Blige
    • Mariah Carey

Just because you put your name on something doesn't mean you actually did the work. :coffee:

LOL by watching Mariah's interviews you can tell she's very passionate about writing her songs and how close they are to her, esp. the Butterfly album. You can tell she's not just someuntalented label puppet like others...

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just because you put your name on something doesn't mean you actually did the work. :coffee:

Tell that to Beyonce. :coffee:

But anywho, I can't pick between the two because they both have strong albums. But Mary's first four albums are damn near classic. Especially the first two. MC really hit her stride IMO until Daydream. But she has classics too. In my opinion they're even.

i think she's underrated on this board in general :lol:

especially considering she writes and produces. her production values are usually top notch too.

I dont think she's underrated on here. Most of this board seems to like her and give her credit for her writing and her catalog. The only thing we seem to look down on her about is her lack of depth. Thats about it..other than that...she gets her credit on here from what I see.

i picked Mary J. Blige since I knew she was losing. Im not feeling either one of them like that to know who has better music though -_-

I was watching Mary's VH1 special yesterday... she really has some classic songs. What's The 411 is one of my fav albums and My Life as well. I think The Breakthrough is my fav Mary album though

i guess. I never cared for Mary though, people are always shocked when i tell them that. :asham:

I am too becuz you're such a neosoul fan and Mary minus the hip hop beats gives you the "rawness" of that type of genre. All she's missing is a damn headwrap :lol:

I was watching Mary's VH1 special yesterday... she really has some classic songs. What's The 411 is one of my fav albums and My Life as well. I think The Breakthrough is my fav Mary album though

YES!!!!

VH1 did a special on her a few years back as well and they were playing some of her music and it literally made me go out and get a couple of albums of hers I had either forgot about or misplaced over the years. She really does have a defining catalog.

I am too becuz you're such a neosoul fan and Mary minus the hip hop beats gives you the "rawness" of that type of genre. All she's missing is a damn headwrap :lol:

:lol:

that would be a welcome change from that awful blonde hair...i cant stand that shit. :sigh:

YES!!!!

VH1 did a special on her a few years back as well and they were playing some of her music and it literally made me go out and get a couple of albums of hers I had either forgot about or misplaced over the years. She really does have a defining catalog.

That special made me revisit Mary's catalog. "Family Affair" is my fav song by her. I remember playing that song OUT in 2nd grade LOL

That special made me revisit Mary's catalog. "Family Affair" is my fav song by her. I remember playing that song OUT in 2nd grade LOL

That videos a damn fool tho. i was a senoir in highschool and me and my friends use to crack da fuck up especially at the end of the video where she says "Dance for me ..dance for me" REAL FAST...and starts shaking around like she's having a damn seizure :lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

That videos a damn fool tho. i was a senoir in highschool and me and my friends use to crack da fuck up especially at the end of the video where she says "Dance for ..dance for me" REAL FAST...and starts shaking around like she's having a damn seizure :lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

i.cant.stand.that.song.

and who thought that it was cute or a good idea to make up words :umm:

That videos a damn fool tho. i was a senoir in highschool and me and my friends use to crack da fuck up especially at the end of the video where she says "Dance for me ..dance for me" REAL FAST...and starts shaking around like she's having a damn seizure :lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

She know she was wrong for that damn black and white wig :lol:

She know she was wrong for that damn black and white wig :lol:

did you catch that part of the special where Mary was sitting on the couch saying she was engaged to KC and showig the ring and then they showed her a clip with him saying that was just a rumor. She was FUMING on that couch!!!

I WAS FUCKING DYING!!!!!

That talk show did not have to snatch her wig like that!

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

did you catch that part of the special where Mary was sitting on the couch saying she was engaged to KC and showig the ring and then they showed her a clip with him saying that was just a rumor. She was FUMING on that couch!!!

I WAS FUCKING DYING!!!!!

That talk show did not have to snatch her wig like that!

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Lmfao they were dead wrong for that!!! Lmfao but she reacted wayyyyyy more calm than I would've!

Archived