When all the Greats have given their approval, why do people still hate on Beyonce?

Kim

Yet, according to Sankofa, I was throwing Janet under the bus. :rolleyes: On top of the fact that she and TOF thought I was comparing Beyonce and MJ. :sigh: Just no comprehension skills. :sigh:

You did throw Janet under the bus, but as I told her you were doing it for shock value (even though you won't admit it lol)

I also said "comparing" in the MJ and Beyonce thing was the wrong word, but saying that she has faced the most scrutiny outside of Mike is ludicrous and you know it is.

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Because Gemini's like the last word, and are always right, even when they are wrong. Correct? :lol:

That's why I don't even like being called a stan, because I associate them with delusion, among other things, though of course there are some exceptions. And I didn't see it as throwing Janet under the bus by thinking she did it on purpose. I personally don't care what people think on that subject. What got me was saying she deserved all THAT backlash and everything that happened as a result, knowing damn well that whole thing was blown entirely out of proportion, and she is the only one who suffered because she was the black female, and that she knew it was going to happen. That was reaching :lol:

And the fact that she kept going though...it was like looking at a green highlighter and NO MATTER WHAT, the bitch would insist that it's a sharpie. DEAD @ a pole vault. I am over MJ stans for the most part. I pity them too. Poor things don't even know their brains aren't functioning at a normal level :cry:

But on that note I'm going to bed. Goodnight lovelies :wave:

You know it. :thumbup: Geminis are never wrong. We just want you all to see things our way. Plus, look at my siggy. :thumbup:

And I still stand by it. Janet deserved what she got, but the to the degree that she got it? Absolutely not. A fine and a slap on the wrist would have sufficed. But you know Conservatives feel the need to go overboard with EVERYTHING. :sigh: And ya'll know it was on purpose. She should have taken the Madonna route and admitted to it. I'm sure we'd have to loan Janet a few fucks so she could give them to the pressed. That would have made things a little better. B)

I will never understand them. Most of them need to be committed anyway. -_- Just look at TOF. -_-

You did throw Janet under the bus, but as I told her you were doing it for shock value (even though you won't admit it lol)

I also said "comparing" in the MJ and Beyonce thing was the wrong word, but saying that she has faced the most scrutiny outside of Mike is ludicrous and you know it is.

The both of you were over comprehending. If I were to say HIStory and TVR are in the same vain of them being personal albums, that's not comparing. If I were to say OTW and RN1814 are in the same vain of them being breakout albums, that's not comparing. If I were to say MJ and Beyonce are in the same vain in of the ridicule they receive, that's not comparing. That's illustrating how two separate entities are similar in one or more aspects.

That's why I think that if you can't admit flaws in your artist, then you're not a real stan. Like a few pages back with the SB thing. Ya'll know DAMN WELL Janet did that shit intentionally. Yet, according to Sankofa, I was throwing Janet under the bus. :rolleyes: On top of the fact that she and TOF thought I was comparing Beyonce and MJ. :sigh: Just no comprehension skills. :sigh:

i think its safe to say that Janet threw her own self under the bus with that situation. I really wished that she would have OWNED that whole situation. But it is what it is. It really opened her eyes about the industry and who would stick by her side when things got a little rough.

The both of you were over comprehending. If I were to say HIStory and TVR are in the same vain of them being personal albums, that's not comparing. If I were to say OTW and RN1814 are in the same vain of them being breakout albums, that's not comparing. If I were to say MJ and Beyonce are in the same vain in of the ridicule they receive, that's not comparing. That's illustrating how two separate entities are similar in one or more aspects.

No, I didn't over comprehend. I simply used to the wrong word/phrasing in that situation. I shouldn't have said that you were "comparing" Beyonce and Mike.

That doesn't change the fact you saying that she has faced the most scrutiny outside of Mike is ludicrous.

i think its safe to say that Janet threw her own self under the bus with that situation. I really wished that she would have OWNED that whole situation. But it is what it is. It really opened her eyes about the industry and who would stick by her side when things got a little rough.

-_- It's unfortunate that it had to come to that, but every artist goes through a period of instability. But 2004 got Janet more press than someone artists will get in their entire careers. At least we got a number of records out of it. :thumbup:

No, I didn't over comprehend. I simply used to the wrong word/phrasing in that situation. I shouldn't have said that you were "comparing" Beyonce and Mike.

That doesn't change the fact you saying that she has faced the most scrutiny outside of Mike is ludicrous.

I never compared them or even used that word. YOU and that other child did.

Again I ask, outside of MJ, who gets more scrutiny than Beyonce?

Beyoncé is such a paradox. She is talentless in that her music is 75% crap, but she is so talented in how she can entertain anyone onstage. She is gorgeous, but her look is boring as hell. She is a flawless live singer, but her voice is naturally kind of unremarkable--no tone and no emotion. She has over a dozen solo Grammys, but her music probably isn't any better than the pop girls' who have none or one or four. She is really not the brightest, but she makes tens of millions of dollars every year for marketing her brand. She hasn't broken any boundaries or changed the musical landscape, but she sure is the face of the black female singer of the twenty-first century.

this +1 :clapping: its really simple. She isn't that remarkable where I could even have the energy to hate, it's like okay so when Is Lady Gaga up? :filenails:

Archived