When all the Greats have given their approval, why do people still hate on Beyonce?

Kim

Barbra approves.

Celine approves.

Tina approves.

Stevie approves.

Bono is a fan.

Her contemporaries admire her.

She's endorsed by Billboard.

What else does this girl have to do to shut the haters up? :unsure:

I clown on YawnYawn every now and then, but I still respect her as an artist and performer.

People can call her a "thief", but she's one of the only ones who pays homage to her inspirations and doesn't bullshit about who influenced an album or song. Gaga, I'm looking at you. :umm:

Let's relive the moment when The Queen Mother gives her nod of approval:

:coffee:

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Janet also approved as well as Diana Ross, Mary J Blige, lauryn Hill, Michael Jackson and Prince.

Only Aretha stands opposed. :filenails:

:clapping: :clapping:

Didn't Etta also hold a grudge against her? Or did they quash it already?

I used to think most of the negativity was aimed at her stans more than Beyoncé herself, but the further her career develops the less I believe that. In all honesty, before I came to JJ.net I was unaware that anybody disliked Beyoncé. I remember going back-and-forth with members in my first week over her, and all because I couldn't believe they didn't like her. I don't know if it stems from the praise and recognition she receives (from so many in the industry, fans, non-fans, critics etc.) but a lot of it seems like it's taken very personally. We're also a VERY judgemental board (on the whole) and that has to be taken into consideration.

Hating on her? Not many people do that like it's claimed they do. People who just dislike her on the other hand, that's more common.

Michael hasn't said much about her, Janet either. Plus Stevie gives his approval too freely. A la Drake and Trey. She also has a bad problem with riding coattails. Her "greatest inspiration" changes like the day. Whomever is in the spotlight at the time is her greatest inspiration.

'03/'04- Janet

'05- Diana

'06;'07- Tina

'08- Etta James

'09;'10- Michael

Etta disapproves because of controversy over her role in Cadillac Records. Aretha's reasons have to do with one: title, two: homage.

Plus, she only gives homage AFTER she's caught. Anywho, I don't have a vendetta or anything against the girl. She's just not my cup of tea :coffee:

I don't think people "hate on" Beyonce. Some people aren't fans of her music and have strong opinions.

I like her for the most part. I'm not a fan of her music, nor do I see her as an icon or a legend by any means, but I dig her as a performer.

Sidenote: I don't deal with the delusional....and her stans are just that.

Hating on her? Not many people do that like it's claimed they do. People who just dislike her on the other hand, that's more common.

Michael hasn't said much about her, Janet either. Plus Stevie gives his approval too freely. A la Drake and Trey. She also has a bad problem with riding coattails. Her "greatest inspiration" changes like the day. Whomever is in the spotlight at the time is her greatest inspiration.

'03/'04- Janet

'05- Diana

'06;'07- Tina

'08- Etta James

'09;'10- Michael

Etta disapproves because of controversy over her role in Cadillac Records. Aretha's reasons have to do with one: title, two: homage.

Plus, she only gives homage AFTER she's caught. Anywho, I don't have a vendetta or anything against the girl. She's just not my cup of tea :coffee:

He said/did a lot behind the scenes though. I remember he went to a Diddy party JUST to see Bey...they even danced together. Plus their little flirting thing at the WMA's.

He said/did a lot behind the scenes though. I remember he went to a Diddy party JUST to see Bey...they even danced together. Plus their little flirting thing at the WMA's.

That was to get her on the "What More Can I Give?" track. He did that with a couple of the females he asked. Plus, what does flirting have to do with approving of her as an artist? May I ask :lol:

I don't think people "hate on" Beyonce. Some people aren't fans of her music and have strong opinions.

I like her for the most part. I'm not a fan of her music, nor do I see her as an icon or a legend by any means, but I dig her as a performer.

Sidenote: I don't deal with the delusional....and her stans are just that.

:thumbup:

you're "sidenote" is what the Bey-Tards call HATE

Beyonce is a jack of all trades master of none, she stay in yo face, and she swear she selling you filet mignon and all im getting are ham sandwiches. She selling satellite TV, she selling make-up, she selling cell phones, she trying to be the star of a Jennifer Hudson movie. She over sang songs and really thinks she did something. :umm: I was cool with her on DIL but them albums that came after her music really was not that good. She doesn't strike me as the brightest, she still in learning mode, but she trying to call all the shots, aint nothing wrong with calling the shots if you know what the fuck you doing. Musically she has a few good songs here and there overall most of her albums are noise, and I wanted her to get better, Rihanna has had better production on her albums, Britney has had better production on her albums, esp "Blackout" Beyonce I just IDK. :filenails:

I just dont understand why they are so pressed becuz everyone doesn't worship her with the same eyes. I literally know close ppl to me who do not like Janet. I could fucking care less. I dont expect everyone to..its just ridiculous and they wonder WHY ppl dont care for her fans/stans

THIS THREAD -exhibit A

I just dont understand why they are so pressed becuz everyone doesn't worship her with the same eyes. I literally know close ppl to me who do not like Janet. I could fucking care less. I dont expect everyone to..its just ridiculous and they wonder WHY ppl dont care for her fans/stans

THIS THREAD -exhibit A

I think that's where it's at, it's so in yo face and over blown it's like Beyonce this and that, and she is good, but she aint that damn good, her music is crap mostly, but you're right her fans pretty much kills it for me they swear she the best thing to come along since sliced bread :filenails:

I think that's where it's at, it's so in yo face and over blown it's like Beyonce this and that, and she is good, but she aint that damn good, her music is crap mostly, but you're right her fans pretty much kills it for me they swear she the best thing to come along since sliced bread :filenails:

they act like she's Michael Jackson

too bad they're ignoring her flopping album/singles :whistle:

Its like they are tryna convince us that she's great. :wacko:

From what I've seen on the board ppl know she can sing and agree that she's a good performer but the her music just doesn't appeal to them.What more do they want? :blink:

MJ is the best that ever did it and its ppl who dont care for him...so..why doesn't he get a thread like this?

These ppl

For Me:

Musically: I was all on board for DIL. That is still my fave of hers. I mostly was on board because I really liked DC. My fave member was Letoya, but that's a different story. Anywho. As B'Day and IASF were dropped, I found them to be okay at first, then they got annoying as shit. From B'Day the only songs I still listen to are Irreplaceable and Upgrade U. Maybe Ring the Alarm every blue moon. From IAMSF: only Broken-Hearted Girl, Halo(sometimes), Hello, and Scared of Lonely, because I can actually relate. I dig the 4 album, but it seems like she should have released it before her last two if this is the music she wanted to do. Her last two albums were way too candy for me.

Performing&Dancing: I can't give her shade. She can put on a show. Even if she jacks half of it from other artists, she can do alright. Her dancing seems glorified burlesque to me. No shade, true tea. I get French Burlesque girls tees whenever she dances.

Singing: She can be either over the top, or too trained to the point she has no emotion. That is dull as hell to me. I listen to voices like Janet, Whitney, Toni, Sade, Celine, Christina etc. Voices that have raw talent and emotion whether it be soft or strong, that don't sound over trained. Beyonce trained a little too hard in her sessions. Her voice lost the soul.

Its like they are tryna convince us that she's great. :wacko:

From what I've seen on the board ppl know she can sing and agree that she's a good performer but the her music just doesn't appeal to them.What more do they want? :blink:

MJ is the best that ever did it and its ppl who dont care for him...so..why doesn't he get a thread like this?

These ppl

That's a problem too, the more they try to shove her in our face the more turned off by Beyonce we get, it makes me not wanna bother, I gave her new album a listen, some songs were good, but it wasn't a classic, nor memorable either.

Simple: When you're at the top (and have been there for how many years?!), people will do anything to tear you down. It is what it is.....

um no not really, it's more like if you enjoy her and love her, then do that, BUT don't go getting in everyone else face when they don't, same thing with Janet, I know she aint everybody's cup of tea she does too, and that's okay cause we don't give a fuck we too busy enjoying Janet to try to convince someone how great Janet is. :filenails: Or even ask you why you not bowing to Janet.

um no not really, it's more like if you enjoy her and love her, then do that, BUT don't go getting in everyone else face when they don't, same thing with Janet, I know she aint everybody's cup of tea she does too, and that's okay cause we don't give a fuck we too busy enjoying Janet to try to convince someone how great Janet is. :filenails: Or even ask you why you not bowing to Janet.

Um yes. :filenails:

Every artist gets hated on, but when your a mega star(Janet, Be, Gag Gag, Katy Purry) people will do anything to tear you down. It's part of being at the top. :filenails:

Simple: When you're at the top (and have been there for how many years?!), people will do anything to tear you down. It is what it is.....

On top? :unsure: That album aint produced a hit yet, and its how long since it came out? The movies she in other singers and actors out do her so I guess you right it is what it is, Im like why the fuck you at the Oscars like you gonna win something? Sure "Dreamgirls" was a project she was in, but beyond that everyone else got nominated not her, and to show up and take they shine is tacky.

Archived