Nicki Minaj steals the show from britney yet again...

King Baby

Her 85-minute show at the Wells Fargo Center on Saturday night, already brief by arena standards, paused several times for costume changes and dance interludes.

And when Spears was on stage, she appeared to be lip-synching much of the time.

Spears' fans, who, judging from the crowd, are still numerous and highly engaged, contend there is no way for her to sing and perform the elaborate dance routines that are part of her act.

But even stipulating that singing and dancing are mutually exclusive pursuits, which has not historically been the case, Spears' moves lacked precision and snap. Minor glitches, such as wobbly set pieces or a sequined jacket that snagged when it should have pulled off smoothly, marred the illusion of a well-tuned spectacle. And even though Spears pulled an audience member on stage for a lap dance during "Lace and Leather" and invited a few dozen for a dance-off on "Womanizer," she never engaged the crowd in more than pro forma banter.

When she grabbed a seat and turned on her microphone for the ballad "Don't Let Me Be the Last to Know," she proved she is still eminently capable of putting a song across. And new songs such as the dance-floor anthem "Till the World Ends" and the double-Dutch ditty "How I Roll" are as catchy and insinuating as anything she has recorded.

But she seems as though she is playing catch-up with more vital artists, such as opener Nicki Minaj, whose sci-fi-themed set drew deafening applause.

Minaj, who earned a one-song encore of her own, reappeared at the end of Spears' set for a guest rap, but only as a virtual presence on the video screens. Perhaps Minaj was just putting her high heels up after a high-energy performance, but it might just have been Spears' way of putting the competition in her place.

:excited::excited::excited::excited::excited:

I'm shocked Jive hasn't dropped her as the opening act like they did Ciara.She did when I saw her. I loved that she had a theme with it...not just performing random songs like most opening acts do.

Jive dropped Ciara b/c they made her go record another(flop) album. I was pissed. I wanted to see Ciara.

Jive dropped Ciara b/c they made her go record another(flop) album. I was pissed. I wanted to see Ciara.

I thought Cici was just there opening act outside the States while the Dolls were dor the US since they went back to finishing their tour outside the States

I thought Cici was just there opening act outside the States while the Dolls were dor the US since they went back to finishing their tour outside the States

Ciara was suppose to be the opening act for Britney's Second leg of the Circus tour. I was excited to see her b/c I saw her open up for Jay-z earlier that year. I made they took her off the bill & replaced her with Jordin Sparks. :rolleyes:

:mellow:

GIRL....

I know those same reviewers had better given Janet RAVE REVIEWS! :umm:

Janet pretty much has been getting Rave Reviews for this tour. Not sure about her shows overseas, tho. The only tour I can recall Janet getting bad reviews is the Rock witchu tour. & those bad reviews seemed shady...because they kept bringing Madonna up. :lol:

Janet pretty much has been getting Rave Reviews for this tour. Not sure about her shows overseas, tho. The only tour I can recall Janet getting bad reviews is the Rock witchu tour. & those bad reviews seemed shady...because they kept bringing Madonna up. :lol:

I remember the AFY tour getting some bad reviews and usually it was for the same reason you mentioned... the reviewer bringing up Madonna.

Madonna's stans are so catty. :sigh:

I remember the AFY tour getting some bad reviews and usually it was for the same reason you mentioned... the reviewer bringing up Madonna.

Madonna's stans are so catty. :sigh:

Really? I remember Janet getting great reviews from the AFY tour. & they were clowning Madonna's show calling it boring :lol: I read ton of reviews from Janet old VIP site. I think I might of seen just a couple of bad reviews & they weren't even that harsh tbh.

Madonna stans are just old ugly& pressed. :sigh:

Really? I remember Janet getting great reviews from the AFY tour. & they were clowning Madonna's show calling it boring :lol: I read ton of reviews from Janet old VIP site. I think I might of seen just a couple of bad reviews & they weren't even that harsh tbh.

Madonna stans are just old ugly& pressed. :sigh:

True, MOST were favorable, and also said Janet had a better show than Madonna, but a few WENT IN! lol Dragged her for filth all in the name of Madonna...obvious stans. :rolleyes:

I've gotten use to it over the years. Janet fans are often called "pressed" when the topic concerns Madonna, but her stans are just as pressed (if not more so). Janet is still a sore spot to her stans... and especially pre-superbowl.

True, MOST were favorable, and also said Janet had a better show than Madonna, but a few WENT IN! lol Dragged her for filth all in the name of Madonna...obvious stans. :rolleyes:

I've gotten use to it over the years. Janet fans are often called "pressed" when the topic concerns Madonna, but her stans are just as pressed (if not more so). Janet is still a sore spot to her stans... and especially pre-superbowl.

TOF..you always find a reason to kick and scream. Regardless if she got a few bad reviews we all know her reviews were murdering Madonna's...so quit trippin. :rolleyes:

TOF..you always find a reason to kick and scream. Regarless if she got a few bad reviews we all know her reviews were murdering Madonna's...so quit trippin. :rolleyes:

Why must you ALWAYS attempt to come for my wig? :rolleyes:

I was just talking about the situation as I remembered it, and I didn't even bring up Madge, Fanka did. <_<

Why must you ALWAYS attempt to come for my wig? :rolleyes:

I was just talking about the situation as I remembered it, and I didn't even bring up Madge, Fanka did. <_<

No..but you're crying about maybe 2 bad reviews when she had 100 that praised her for that tour and telling her her shit is better than Madonna's on top of that!!

You crying over spilled milk is a pity :sigh:

No..but you're crying about maybe 2 bad reviews when she had 100 that praised her for that tour and telling her her shit is better than Madonna's on top of that!!

You crying over spilled milk is a pity :sigh:

It was more than 2. :rolleyes:

Again, I did NOT bring up the irrelevant flop, Fanka did!! I merely responded with some details concerning tour reviews from Janhova's AFY era. :sigh:

Archived