Imma bout to snatch some straight MJ wigs with this...

Twistedvelvet

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ah-huh

tumblr_ln01g8xL441qafqp2o1_500.gif

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I don't know if I've stolen this already, so...

*steals* :ph34r:

:yahoo:

Janet took what MJ did and did her own thing. The same can't be said for MJ. That's the difference.

That doesn't negate the fact that she took from Mike though...and that my dear is the point. :yep:

What did Janet take from MJ?

You have selective viewing... :rolleyes:

Therefore, making comparing and contrasting silly because BOTH were blatantly influential on the other. No matter how many times you break it down, that's always the conclusion you're going to arrive at. lol

Hence, it being silly for MJ stans and JJ stans to do so...as I've said from the beginning.

That doesn't answer the question.

That does answer question.

Not only that, but as I alluded to before, the conclusion will be same no matter what examples I list. I can gives examples it's just no point in doing so, because it doesn't change the fact that BOTH were influential on each others careers.

And what are the other examples?

Selective viewing/memory again:

That does answer question.

Not only that, but as I alluded to before, the conclusion will be same no matter what examples I list. I can gives examples it's just no point in doing so, because it doesn't change the fact that BOTH were influential on each others careers.

So you have no examples, as I assumed. TV has listed several:

• Janet was the first to incorporated choreographed dance as a concept to the video from start to finish. I believe it is THIS that is constantly taken for granted today. It was only THEN we saw MJ begin to do the same in videos for the Bad era. Not to mention the moves he took from Janet's 'Pleasure Principle' video, like the slide from side to side in 'The way you make me feel'.

• Michael also copied the aggression Janet brought in songs like 'nasty'. You can totally hear and see that in 'Bad' and 'The way you make me feel'. Cause before then he was all soppy.

• Next Janet brings military style dance, choreographed by Anthony Thomas (not MJ lol). Yes, I credit Michael for his military Clothes style, but he wasn't dancing military moves until AFTER 'Rhythm Nation' video.

• Janet uses the new jack swing sound on her new album in 1989 'Rhythm Nation'. Michael uses new Jack swing on his next album 'Dangerous' in 1991.

• [MJ] brings in Herb Ritts to direct 'In the Closet', the same director for Janet's 1991 'Love will never do'. Same style, and a model. Uhhu.

• Not to mention he 'borrows' Jimmy Jam and Terry to produce 'History'. This album being his most personal and revealing.

• But Janet just snatches the black curly wig back and dies them red, with 'The velvet rope', her most personal album. I can just imagine Michael going 'Damn, she one up'd me with that'. It's quite clear at that point (my theory) that being they are so competitive, Michael gave up musically and creatively. He couldn't beat 'Velvet Rope' and he knew it. So brings in tonnes of produces and doesn't bother to write for 'Vince', that fails as did his movie plans, unlike Janet who has numerous box office hits.

TV has outline a number of points and supports his argument with examples. Your case is not supported and it's circular and leads to nowhere.

Similarly, if we were to discuss who has had more influence on today's artists Janet or Madonna, we'd support our arguments with which artist's work shows up more in today's girls. Like Beyonce with the RN thing. Or Gaga with the coned bra. You list examples. This is no different.

Just stop the charade and denial. Given the aforementioned bullets, it's clear MJ borrowed more from Janet than Janet borrowed from MJ.

So you have no examples, as I assumed. TV has listed several:

TV has outline a number of points and supports his argument with examples. Your case is not supported and it's circular and leads to nowhere.

Similarly, if we were to discuss who has had more influence on today's artists Janet or Madonna, we'd support our arguments with which artist's work shows up more in today's girls. Like Beyonce with the RN thing. Or Gaga with the coned bra. You list examples. This is no different.

Just stop the charade and denial. It's clear MJ borrowed more from Janet than Janet borrowed from MJ.

Again, you have selective viewing;

Not only that, but as I alluded to before, the conclusion will be same no matter what examples I list.

I can gives examples it's just no point in doing so,

because it doesn't change the fact that BOTH were influential on each others careers.

You didn't list any examples.

Because...

Not only that, but as I alluded to before, the conclusion will be same no matter what examples I list.

I can gives examples it's just no point in doing so, because it doesn't change the fact that BOTH were influential on each others careers.

Then list your examples, both of them that is. :coffee:

Selective viewing is a bitch:

I can gives examples it's just no point in doing so,

because it doesn't change the fact that BOTH were influential on each others careers.

Also, you are trying to bait me into a situation where I look like I'm trying to say Mike had more influence than Janet...and I'm not going to do that. Mostly because it isn't true, as both were BOTH were blatantly influential over the other, and because it would take this thread into a Mike vs Janet direction. That is NOT my intention in this thread, NOR does it relate to the point I'm trying to make.

After all the debates we've had over the years, I thought you would've realized my skill for it by now. lol

Selective viewing remains a bitch:

You are trying to bait me into a situation where I look like I'm trying to say Mike had more influence than Janet...and I'm not going to do that. Mostly because it isn't true, as both were BOTH were blatantly influential over the other, and because it would take this thread into a Mike vs Janet direction. That is NOT my intention in this thread, NOR does it relate to the point I'm trying to make.

After all the debates we've had over the years, I thought you would've realized my skill for it by now. lol

Selective continues to be a bitch:

Also, you are trying to bait me into a situation where I look like I'm trying to say Mike had more influence than Janet...and I'm not going to do that. Mostly because it isn't true, as both were BOTH were blatantly influential over the other, and because it would take this thread into a Mike vs Janet direction. That is NOT my intention in this thread, NOR does it relate to the point I'm trying to make.

Selective viewing still has the girls minds.

Archived