Church is OPEN!

bu.

Welcome to Church. Take a seat wherever you like. Please note that we have two patients in the padded room so please make sure to pay them a visit on your way out. Brother TOF and Brother BTVS/I'm Janet/whoever he is today need our prayers and love to overcome their illnesses.

padded+room.jpg

On to the sermon:

godtina.gif?w=302&h=294

This past Monday marked the 22nd anniversary of Miss You Much (which was released August 22nd 1989). I was approximately 3 months old. It was the start of what became Janhova’s most prominent era; the era that all media outlets still refer to when they mention the Queen of Earth. Due to the cultural, historical and spiritual significance of said era it is only right thtat today we gather to celebrate one of the holiest scriptures – “Janet Jackson’s Rhythm Nation 1814”.

Janet+Jackson,+Rhythm+Nation,+fame+kids+from+fame,+rhythm+nation+single,+rhythm+nation+mp3,+rhythm+nation+remixes.jpg

As stated in a previous sermon, this album is “still a fucking factor” (only deacons, pastors and priests are allowed to use foul language in church). The album covers various topics such as racism, poverty and substance abuse. Topics that were extremely relevant in 1988 (when the album’s production started) are still making headline news in 2011 (when we have people like TOF and I’m Janet around).

So let’s gather today and celebrate the most important scripture of our time by looking at the various accolades this scripture has accumulated over the years:

- First album to generate SEVEN top-five Billboard hits

- Best-selling album of 1990

- The only album to have a song top the charts in 3 calendar years

- The albums success resulted in Janhova signing a $32million contract with Virgin Records (the largest at its time)

- 15 Billboard Music awards

- The most successful debut tour by any recording artist

- 2 MTV VMA awards (including the prestigious MTV Vanguard Award)

- 1 Grammy (a crime IMO. It should have on more)

- Ranked at #27 on Rolling Stones "Women In Rock: The 50 Essential Albums" list

- Ranked at #275 on Rolling Stones The 500 Greatest Albums of All Time

If I have left any accolades out then feel free to mention them.

Whilst we are in church we should take a moment to pay tribute to the inspiration behind Rhythm Nation. We pay tribute to those 5 innocent children that were killed when hoodrat Patrick Purdy shot up a school playground in California before turning the gun on himself. This is exactly why this album is still relevant. People are still going around shooting the innocent. People are still going around raping, killing, drugging, cheating, lying, scheming, dogging. People still like to “lay 'em low and spread 'em wide”.

Let me ask you this. What other female was singing about the negative aspects of drugs back then? What other female was singing about the children needing a good education? What other female was singing about struggling mothers? None of the others were doing it. Janhova came, and conquered. Haggy couldn’t do it. Warbeline couldn’t do it. None of those bitches can ever fade Janhova. She is the Queen. She is our Mother. She is thuse Creator. PRAISE JANHOVA!!!

It is clear that Janet Jackson’s Rhythm Nation 1814 is a pivotal moment of Planet JanEarth. It is the be all and end all of the entire universe and therefore should be celebrated with great pomposity and extravagance. So let’s start by discussing the first single and video. Let’s relive your memories. Here is Missed You Much In Church:

PS: I may have to leave Church early so someone will have to take over from me and post the other singles later on.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well pastor this entire cd not just the song was really the cd that made me a follower.

in 1988 i gave birth to my son and i was feeling so lonely and depressed and this cd and the song "lonely" saved my soul :tear: really.i felt like she knew exactly how i felt and she was singing to me

all praises to janhova! true story :yep: ! wore this cd out it skips now! lol

well pastor this entire cd not just the song was really the cd that made me a follower.

in 1988 i gave birth to my son and i was feeling so lonely and depressed and this cd and the song "lonely" saved my soul :tear: really.i felt like she knew exactly how i felt and she was singing to me

all praises to janhova! true story :yep: ! wore this cd out it skips now! lol

YES! Let Janhova heal you! That song is just everything though!

Approval.jpg

But in all seriousness, I lived for this song with my ex-gf Kimberly. I do miss her, like crazy :tear:

:(! let Janhova heal you!

YASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS...AMEN! Pray to janhova...We all must pray. :excited:

:cheer:

:umm:

Problem?

No, TOF is Jermaine. There is actually a member named Joh'Vonnie. I messaged her earlier and she replied not long ago :lol:

Ooooooooooooo there is? LOL! Is she an actual person or just someone faking JohVo?

Why am I mentioned in the same sentence as BTVS/I'm Janet? :umm:

I am the forum Michael Jackson, KING of the Janet stans, the LEGENDARY and ICONIC TOF!!! I DESERVE better treatment! :umm:

I agree with this first sentence

But the rest of that is irrelevant, baby boy. You are Jermaine and you will deal. :coffee:

I still love you though :blush:

Archived