Isn't Janet the Queen of Reinvention?

Twistedvelvet

I agree with the thread, I think Janet mastered reinvention before & BETTER than Madonna ever did, Madonna just got more attention for hers, like she always has with everything they have in common, Janets the better one but Madonna gets the notice/attention its sadly just the way it is.

About Madonnas rollersets OMG yall got me laughin to hard at that. But yall know where thats headed.....BettyWhite_2490.jpg

I think this will be madonnas new look in the next 2-5 yrs

There was nothing different about madonnas look, sound, image between 03 and 06. If there was it's very subtle.

Janet looked and sounded a whole different person between damita jo and 20 Y.O.

American Life (2003) was electro-acoustic with politically-charged lyrics... Confessions on a Dancefloor was club-ready, throwbackish gay club stuff...

No comment on DJ to 20 Y.O. being a reinvention.

American Life (2003) was electro-acoustic with politically-charged lyrics... Confessions on a Dancefloor was club-ready, throwbackish gay club stuff...

No comment on DJ to 20 Y.O. being a reinvention.

That's such a silly perspective. If thats how you look at it then I could say, Damita Jo was heavy R&B pop all about her personality, whilst 20 Y.O was heavy urban all about celebrating 20 years since 'Control'.

American Life to Confessions, were no more a change than what Janet did in the same period. It was simply a case of Madonna's rants about politics flopping so move on to something for the clubs. Hardly a reinvention.

You are wrong. Changing of weave has everything to do with re-invention.

You can't say that Janets dramatic change from Rhtyhm Nation to janet. and then to Velvet Rope, didn't have a lot to do with her look. In each era she looked almost like a different person.

The 20 Y.O look is even entirely different to the Damita Jo look.

Reinvention is about presenting a different image and persona. Not just about the sound your produces bring for your album.

That's such a silly perspective. If thats how you look at it then I could say, Damita Jo was heavy R&B pop all about her personality, whilst 20 Y.O was heavy urban all about celebrating 20 years since 'Control'.

American Life to Confessions, were no more a change than what Janet did in the same period. It was simply a case of Madonna's rants about politics flopping so move on to something for the clubs. Hardly a reinvention.

You are wrong. Changing of weave has everything to do with re-invention.

You can't say that Janets dramatic change from Rhtyhm Nation to janet. and then to Velvet Rope, didn't have a lot to do with her look. In each era she looked almost like a different person.

The 20 Y.O look is even entirely different to the Damita Jo look.

Reinvention is about presenting a different image and persona. Not just about the sound your produces bring for your album.

:clapping::clapping::jerry::clapping:

Archived