Isn't Janet the Queen of Reinvention?

Twistedvelvet

Janet was the queen, is the queen, and will forever be the queen. Her lessors are giving it everything they have now because they see that Janet won't be going into retirement anytime soon. I can't wait for her new era, because it will be another nail in the coffin sealing the fates of those after her and her peers.

TO A NEW ERA!

LONG LIVE QUEEN JANET! FOREVER MAY SHE REIGN!

This is not about bringing down other artists, (they are already fallen), it's about Janets image/look changes through the years.

It's commonly believed that madonna is associated with reinvention. Why am I not allowed to question this without judgement? Are you part of the blacklisting conspiracy too?

Sick of idiots tell me I can't throw down other artists. I fucking will if I want to cause Janet deserves it.

Now can we talk about Janet Being the queen of REINVENTION..,.

(Sorry for getting pissed but why should I not. I personally couldn't care less for most other female artists...I like a few but, why should I act all politically correct and equal, when, with Janet in mind they are not level...do not answer this, just STFU. Thankyou.)

I was hoping to start a thread about janets looks over the years and how there are so many now that it's got to make her the best...it's not a slagging match.

I am pressed by no new artist. Janet sealed their fates years ago, this is just about bringing it to the light.

But on topic, Janet truly is the Queen of Reinvention. Every album and era are so different than the previous one yet they all mesh beautifully. I will say, I could do without 20 y.o. And Discipline, but even with those albums she made excellent and memorable transitions.

Even with discipline, Janet had a friggen different weave with every interview. Madonna never. She always got that awful old curlers blond hair starting with the 'music' video.

Exactly. I always felt Madonna has been trying to hard to look different, like Lady Gaga is imitating from her. Janet is so veratile she can fit into so many different styles and looks and make it look easy as hell. I mean, look at the changes made in TVR to the changes of AFY. Control to RN1814. Damita Jo to 20 y.o. Always new sounds, new looks, fresh ideas, and pure dedication. She always kept people guessing what's next and presented something worth the wait, while Madonna always tried to go for quantity and bizarre and skipped the quality and finesse like Janet did.

I wasn't even gonna bother with this thread, but now I'm glad I took a sneak peek

are you really that bothered by other artists that you have to constantly bring them down to make Janet look good ?

Whoever made the Stan/hardcore fan thread ... The personification of a stan has arrived

I love it when Volta speaks like this

@idrag4mj, Okay well thanks for ur contribution. even though Janets had more weave and fashion changes in the last year than madonna has in the last 10...but whatever.

I can't believe I just read that

:lol: @ a certain somebody giving you a -1 and leave the thread.

Shade is her middle name

How? From 'Music' to 'Hard Candy' she's looked the same.

Janets had a different hairstyle and wardrobe every era since age started.

Were you blind from 2003-2006? American Life and COADF didn't happen?

I think you're mis-using the term "re-invention". It's soooooo much more than a new weave or wardrobe. Nobody is bothering Madonna for that title.

There was nothing different about madonnas look, sound, image between 03 and 06. If there was it's very subtle.

Janet looked and sounded a whole different person between damita jo and 20 Y.O.

I have complete confidence in saying you have no idea what you're talking about here. I don't even need to back it up because the eras speak for themselves. For Madonna and Janet.

I'm sorry but she had the same hair in 'music', 'me against the music' 'love profusion' 'hung up' and '4minutes'... And that stretches 4 eras. She continues to wear the same old nasty gym leotards and do the same yoga moves.

Go figure.

Janet on the other hand from 'all for you' to now has surprised us with sharp new looks, stylish fashion updates, and new innovative dance moves. That's reinvention, keeping it fresh and trendy. Look at her now, her latest change being the short hair, the Blackglama ads. Just another stage in her long career reinventing.

Again with your one-eyed support. 'What It Feels Like For a Girl', 'American Life' and 'Hung Up' are all different looks. The leotard get-up was an overhaul in itself. And again, hair-dos and wardrobes don't equal re-invention. I agree Janet has managed image-change very well for the '00s (probably better than Madonna) but soundwise? Absolutely not. Certainly not better than Madonna.

tsk, tsk, tsk. Can only give a negative but won't stay to qualify their opinion.Like artist, like stan :coffee:

Tsk tsk @ you being so rattled.

There's no explanation needed. Madonna is the Queen of Re-Invention and you will deal.

Image change, look, hair etc is all a bigger part of reinvention. How can u say it's not!

Janets American idol performance is seen as a reinvention and it was all because of a hair cut and catsuit.

Madonnas image hasn't changed in years. The only reinvention she's had in recent years is getting rid of her fake English accent.

Archived