so an asian, black, and white guy decided to make music together

downeaznboi

That's my girl, Shady! "This Is The One" was a PHENOMENAL album! The only song I didn't care for was "Poppin'"...too weird for me, haha. Otherwise, that album did it for me! :blush::wub:

"Me Muero", "Come Back To Me", "On & On", "Merry Christmas Mr. Lawrence F.Y.I", "Apple & Cinnimon", "Dirty Desire", "This Is The One"...man, the album is fire... :excited:

I remember you promoting her and that album hard on JJF.net lol.

I remember you promoting her and that album hard on JJF.net lol.

:lol: :lol: Guilty as charged :excited: I listen to some of the songs routinely to this day :wub: I love that woman. Not just "This Is The One", I like a bunch of her Japanese albums, and I also love her first 2 english language albums. "Exodus" was so unique, great (not as great as TITO though). I swear, people are sleepin' on this chick. Her shit sells like hot cakes in Japan: 52 million records sold, 3 of her albums are in the top 10 selling albums ever at 1st, 4th, and 8th place, and 4 of her singles are in the top 100 best selling ever.

Now, if she could only be given an opportunity here in the states to shine -_-

:lol: Downeaznboi, I sincerely apologize for hijacking your thread >_< I will cease and desist at once!

I can't lie, I do love that lyric :lmao: She shocked me with that one, because she usually isn't that "explicit" (her Japanese fans were "appalled" by some of the lyrics...:lol: )

She just loses me when she's talkin' about how the girls have it better than the boys. GENDER WAR! Haha.

WHAT?! Shady, we're gonna have to have an in depth conversation about this album...it, in my opinion, is the best female Pop album of 2009 (Roc, I know you'll disagree, lol)! She made fantastic music with Tricky, and Stargate. :wub:

It is SUCH a great album. I really thought she would find some more success in America with it. -_-

Honestly, words can't describe how obsessed I was with the album. Merry Christmas Mr. Lawrence - FYI alone is genius. ^_^ And her sassiness is too much on Taking My Money Back. :excited::lol:

The only track I could do without is Automatic Part II. :umm:

It is SUCH a great album. I really thought she would find some more success in America with it. -_-

Honestly, words can't describe how obsessed I was with the album. Merry Christmas Mr. Lawrence - FYI alone is genius. ^_^ And her sassiness is too much on Taking My Money Back. :excited::lol:

The only track I could do without is Automatic Part II. :umm:

Ahhh, I had a HUGE brain cramp last nite! YES! "Taking My Money Back" :wub:

Haha, I really like "Automatic", though some of the lyrics were :o inducing, :lol:

She DEFINITELY should have had more success in America with it. <_<

"Merry Christmas Mr. Lawrence, F.Y. I" is nothing short of a masterpiece :blush: The MCML,FYI - Come Back To Me - Apple & Cinnamon combo is a doosy.

After I get off work, I'm gonna have to play this album to soak it all in once again :lol::wub: