Green Day singer Billie Joe Armstrong kicked off plane for saggy pants

cnd

Green Day singer Billie Joe Armstrong kicked off plane for saggy pants

THE lead singer of American punk rock band Green Day was thrown off a flight in California on Thursday night apparently because his pants were too low.

Billie Joe Armstrong, 39, was ejected from a Southwest Airlines flight following an altercation with an airline staff member who had asked him to pull up his pants.

"Just got kicked off a southwest flight because my pants sagged too low! What the f**k? No joke!", the musician declared to his 162,000 Twitter followers a short time later.

A producer from San Francisco's KGO-TV, Cindy Qiu, was on the flight, which was scheduled to fly out of Oakland to Burbank, and witnessed the incident.

She said Armstrong initially dismissed the request to pull his pants up, asking, "Don't you have better things to do then worry about that?"

When the flight attendant repeated the request and threatened to have Armstrong removed from the plane, he relied "I'm just trying to get to my f**king seat," she said.

Armstrong and the person he was traveling with were then reportedly removed from the flight.

The Green Day singer's Twitter complaint drew an almost immediate apology from Southwest, with an airline official posting a tweet of their own which read, "Very sorry for your experience tonight, someone from our Customer Relations Team will reach out to you to get more details."

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/music/green-day-singer-billie-joe-armstrong-kicked-off-plane-for-saggy-pants/story-e6frfn09-1226128727803#ixzz1Wt0n0cHe

Archived