The Australian Tour Thread

cnd

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Janet Jackson is back in action in Australia for her tour

POP diva Janet Jackson will return to Oz today to resume the tour she had to postpone due to the escalation of the US trial over brother Michael's death.

The Get Together hit maker pulled out of three Melbourne shows last week to be by her family's side at the dramatic LA trial of Conrad Murray, who is facing charges of involuntary manslaughter over the drug-related death of the star.

Confidential has learned Jackson will fly into the Gold Coast this morning to prepare for her show tomorrow night although she too has been affected by the stoppage of all Qantas flights worldwide and is returning on a Virgin Blue flight.

Music industry insiders were worried she would not see out her concert commitments as the trial of Dr Murray nears its controversial conclusion.

While the prosecution used strong witnesses to try to prove Murray's liability in administering a fatal dose of the sedative propofol, testimony yesterday alleged Jackson was responsible for his own death

Janet, who rescheduled her three Melbourne shows into one arena concert on Thursday night, will appear at the Opera House on Saturday, Sunday and Tuesday nights.

Source: http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/entertainment/janet-jackson-is-back-in-action-in-australia-for-her-tour/story-e6frewyr-1226181903801

:clapping::yahoo: :yahoo: :cheer:

YES! She's finally back. :dance:

:lol: @ 'Get Together'

Well, the time is approaching and I must start getting ready! :w00t:

Chat to you all after my slaying. :tear:

You're gonna have the best time!!! :excited: :excited: :excited:

Blessings be with you, dear! ^_^

Remember, make sure she hears you! :thumbup:

Yes! Make lots of noise and be extra loud with love! Maybe you'll get a point or a kiss blown :blush:

JANET RETURNS TO AUSTRALIA REMINDING EVERYONE YOU DON’T KNOW WHAT YOU’VE "GOT ‘TIL IT’S GONE"

11/01/11

Janet Jackson’s number one hit "Got ‘Til It’s Gone" from the album Velvet Rope has been chosen as the song dedicated to the Gold Coast. Janet’s NUMBER ONES: Up Close & Personal tour, is her largest-ever world tour. Janet will dedicate a selected number one song to each of her fan-suggested stops. The show will be taking place in Gold Coast, Australia at the Gold Coast Convention Center on November 2nd.

The tour, in which the superstar set out to perform a selection of songs from her impressive 35 number one hits, has recorded SRO engagements throughout Asia, North America and Europe and due to such enthusiasm from fans and critics the NUMBER ONES: Up Close & Personal Tour has been extended to expand past the original 35 cities.

Of her upcoming engagement in Gold Coast the Icon has said,

"Hey Gold Coast, Oh, how I’m wishin’, thinkin’, dreamin’ ‘bout you! I am looking forward to performing for all of my fans."

http://www.janetjackson.com/story/news/janet-returns-to-australia-reminding-everyone-you-dont-know-what-youve-got-til-its-gone

Sorry for the late reply, guys. I didn't take my laptop with me to the coast and I was too worn out to do this on my phone. :lol:

Con, this may contain spoilers for you if you haven't been following the tour (like I haven't) so look away now! :lol:

Let's start with the venue. Gold Coast Convention Centre was pretty much what I expected (similar to ours in Brisbane), but it's not until you actually go somewhere like that for a concert that you realize it's literally going to be an up-close-and-personal experience. Our seats weren't the best, but there wasn't a bad seat in the building. I got butterflies in the stomach when Justice Crew took the stage. Not because it was them (although they were great), but because I knew I would be seeing Janet with such a clear view.

Our song dedication was 'Got 'Til It's Gone'. I wasn't aware the selected songs were worked into the show at all (well, that they preceded the stage show, anyway). I thought you only knew about them if you were following the tour. The video has always been in my Top 5 Janet clips since it was released, so to see it on three big screens in all its glory was a perfect way to captivate the audience. Then the band started up and you could really feel the tension around the room. I think opening with the Control singles is wise because they still pack such a percussive punch. And right from 'The Pleasure Principle' you can't help but marvel at her energy. Not just for a song or two, but throughout the whole show. It's astounding. If this woman had suffered double the blows and setbacks we've dissected over the last five years you would never know it from her stage composure. The only thing that rivaled Janet's energy was her smile. She giggled and smiled through just about every song. I lost count of how many times she mirrored somebody in the crowd making a love heart with their hands. Speaking of the crowd, that's how you do it. I would hedge a bet that 50% of the audience were on their feet for the entire show. And best of all is that Janet noticed. Several times she looked up and you could just see the awe written across her face. And here's where I get a bit stan-like. Walking into the venue I was looking around and I couldn't help thinking, "What the hell are you doing at a Janet Jackson concert?" These just didn't look like Janet fans to me at all. Although, what do Janet fans look like? Not a couple in their 60s if you ask me. But then again, how good is that? Ages from six-years-old to teens to middle-aged couples to senior citizens, this crowd had it all. The weirdo in me kept wondering what everybody's favourite Janet song was, or if they were wondering what she'd be wearing too, or when did they first let the goodness of Janet into their lives? :sigh:

One of the highlights for me actually took place while Janet was backstage. The acting montage was brilliant. The cheer when the Poetic Justice scene came on was like a shot of adrenalin - very cool to experience. And of course the snippet from WDIGMT is a scene-stealer so to be laughing and cheering alongside everybody else was kind of surreal. And that's where I operate again with an almost stan-like mindset. When I see others cackling and whooping as Janet goes ape shit with the golf club I'm overcome with an immediate mix of pride and nerves, like this is my friend up on the screen and all you guys are loving what my friend is doing. It was a weirdly beautiful and somewhat satisfying moment. And a BRILLIANT segue in to the ballad section of the show. Janet's vocals were pitch-perfect. Every note, every quiver, every little giggle. For some reason I always forget what a crowd-pleaser 'Again' really is. Last night should ensure I don't make that mistake again.

I knew 'Scream' would be a showstopper, but the way it bleeds into 'If' is like magic. Once those shots of the video pop up behind her it was like people didn't know what to do with themselves. Those who were sitting couldn't get up fast enough. A definite high point of the show. And on Michael, the photos of him with Janet as 'Together Again' faded out was too much for me, I couldn't hold the tears back. My sister looked at me and said, "You're crying, aren't you? :lol:" I was like, "Why aren't you!? :blink:" At that moment I had to remind her that the world lost Michael Jackson, but Janet lost her brother. She got it.

The image montage was great too. And some of them I'd never seen before, which will set me on the hunt because I'm always looking for just the right pics to use in my sigs. All in all, a fantastic show, you really couldn't ask for more. I didn't bother with pics because I had too much to focus on and wasn't really in a close enough position to get anything noteworthy. Our encore was 'All For You' which was a perfect tone to end the show on. Cut from our set were 'Black Cat', 'Diamonds', 'Doesn't Really Matter', 'I Get Lonely', 'The Best Things In Life Are Free' and 'Make Me', but in all honesty it didn't bother me in the slightest because not once did I feel we were missing out on ANYTHING. I've since read that the setlist is switched up from city-to-city, anyway.

Not that it needed validation or to be reaffirmed, but Janet Jackson is my favourite artist for a very special reason, and last night's show sealed that feeling even tighter for me. The icing on the cake is that she's just so humble and adoring of her audience. Her parting message to us was a thank you for all the support over the years not just for her, but for her whole family. And then she skipped - literally - off stage and it was curtains down.

You should really do professional reviews for her concerts. You worded everything so eloquently it's like, those of us who saw her this tour, revisited every moment.:wub: At least I feel that way :asham: Anywho, beyond happy you received another blessing from our goddess. ^_^ Send praises to the heavens and pray to our Mecca (her home in Malibu) to thank her for your experience. :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: And thank you for sharing it with us, babe ^_^

praise-break-o.gifpraise-break-o.gif

You should really do professional reviews for her concerts. You worded everything so eloquently it's like, those of us who saw her this tour, revisited every moment.:wub: At least I feel that way :asham: Anywho, beyond happy you received another blessing from our goddess. ^_^ Send praises to the heavens and pray to our Mecca (her home in Malibu) to thank her for your experience. :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: And thank you for sharing it with us, babe ^_^

praise-break-o.gifpraise-break-o.gif

Aww thank you. :lol:

Praises have been sent. Thanks for reading.

Archived