janetDAYZ

23 members have voted

1. 1. Whose TOURS were better overall?

• Madonna
    • Michael Jackson

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Truthfully. I'm rattled that in the past decade she's gone from being a freaky weirdo to this great big enigma whereas Janet who up til 2003 had no major contro has had all her achievements erased by White Earth. It pisses me off that Madonna is hailed as a great dancer too when we all know that yoga is NOT dancing. I respect her hustle though. She's shrewd and knows how to play the game - thats respectable.

Like ALOT of folks in this thread. :cheers:

When I go to a concert, I go to see what the performer does: singing, dancing, anything that relates to the physical action of the performer is the priority for me. Raw talent is key. MJ was exceptional as both a singer and dancer, while Madonna is only average in those areas IMHO. Pyrotechnics and all that jazz are cool and all, but anyone could have that with enough funding. MJ admittedly dabbled in said technology, but it never overshadowed him and he always remained the focus of the show.

Not only did he interact very well with his band and dancers on stage, but he also had more command over his audience than any other performer. I can't think of anyone else who had as many people crying and passing out (maybe the Beatles but I haven't watched much of their concerts). As a bonus, he didn't resort to rude language, or call out people for sitting down during his shows. :whistle:

That said, I still love Madonna's music. Like A Prayer through Ray of Light are some of my favorite pop albums, but as a performer she doesn't wow me. She's just okay to me.

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

And I see you're wading through Madonna's catalogue.

I actually did have a Twitter account, but I got bored after a few days and never went back. I don't even remember my login. :lol: Facebook I just cannot be bothered with.

You will not reveal that on here LOL!!

Haha Twitter and Facebook are EVIL! But it's a great way to keep in contact with folks. I just dloaded my Fbook archive and it's brought back so many memories from the last 3 years that I couldn't even remember.

Archived